About Last Night THREAD 3**Part 27 - 37** - Page 92

Posted: 11 years ago
I am waiting here, waiting for you to update on... ;) :D

Batao batao, kaunse gaane ki parody hai? :D
Well. I don't mind asking. Why is the kid named Khushi?!?
Arnav... He wants kids cuz it'll tie her to him more firmly, yes?
His insecurity is actually quite endearing...

Part 36

Who amongst us can name that moment, that word, that look that germinated the first seed of love in our heart? Impossible! However, what is possible--given the beauty of a woman's nuanced heart--is to name the subsequent moments that expanded that first opening.

For Khushi, when Arnav said, 'you can stay as late as you want, and when you are ready for bed, I'll pick you up. And, I'll drop you back first thing the next morning', he may as well have dropped on one knee and declared himself like a romantic hero of the stage. For it showed that though Arnav Singh Raizada would always aim to govern her, he was not impervious to her wishes. To some women this would not be good enough, but to Khushi it was a good enough beginning. After all, how could we expect a young woman to avoid that same love trap that those much wiser than she still fall into today--how could Khushi please solely herself when she loved most to please him?

It would come then as no surprise that she asked the driver to stop briefly at the market, and while the others waited in the car, she purchased karela to make him his favourite dish for dinner. And at the appointed hour when Gupta House waited for their son-in-law to arrive, Khushi was conscious that her eyes waited for Arnav with a hunger nothing to do with the elaborate meal prepared.

The Malhotras, Arnav and Buaji sat at the table. Garima sat off to the side where she fed Shashi, and of course, Payal and Khushi served the table. Once everyone was served, Khushi drew Little Khushi from her father's lap where she was fidgeting and not eating, nor letting her father eat. 

"I'll take her," she insisted.

The child tilted her head up to Khushi, and asked, "take me where?"

"I've decided to take you home with me. Theek hai?" Khushi said in mock-seriousness.

The child considered the proposal briefly and nodded her little head.

"Lo!" Yash complained. "Don't give her ideas, Khush, she's the type who'll hold you to it."

"Who says I'm not serious?" Khushi replied. 

She brought a morsel to the child's mouth, and when she refused it, Khushi made a game of it and soon the child was eating eagerly.

Mrs. Malhotra nudged her son, and said, "look, Khushi's managed to get some food down the little one."

Yash replied to his mother, but looked at Arnav, his voice teasing, "that does it. We're left with no choice but to take Khush back to Lucknow with us."

"Then we have a problem," he said, "because like your daughter, I also eat best when fed by Khushi's hands." 

Arnav surprised Khushi with his response. His eyes met hers across the table and spoke of every other pleasure he also enjoyed delivered by Khushi's hands. Khushi's body responded to his fiery gaze. She felt herself flush, but the heat intensified when Yash threw her a devilish wink across the table. 

----------

Following dinner, the family and guests gravitated to the back of the house where they sat in the open air to chat.

Yash took his daughter inside to put her to bed--but only after the girl extracted a promise from everyone that they would still all be there in the morning. 

When he returned, Arnav came to his feet and Khushi read that as a cue for their leave-taking. She had explained earlier to Buaji and Ammaji that she was obliged to go home, and to her surprise they had agreed that both bahus should not be away from their sasural at the same time.

Khushi said her farewell, but extended an invitation to the Malhotras to come to Raizada House before they left for Lucknow. They promised they would do their best to come by. Yash--who had always been physically demonstrative towards Khushi--draped his arm over her shoulders and brought his mouth to her ear. His astute mind had caught on and teased her, "he won't let you stay here tonight? Honeymoon abhi baki hai, kya?" 

Khushi, concerned that Arnav may hear him, pushed Yash away, saying, "be quiet!" 

Yash pulled her into a bear hug, and laughed, "still so shy! Oh, Khush, I've missed you."

----------

Khushi would have been mortified had she realized that Arnav heard Yash's final words. But he did. And, Arnav also saw his tiny wife disappear into that man's embrace. Another husband may have dismissed it as the easy banter between two dear old friends, but for this husband, it was not so easily set aside. If truth must be told, it gnawed upon him. He wasn't threatened. Khushi was his--that was final. But, it made him wonder if she was aware of her own power. He believed there was nothing deliberate about her that drew men to her. Yet? Shyam. NK. Yash.

His own thoughts held him captive and he was silent driving home.

Khushi, who must have sensed his mood, also remained silent.

When they were walking up the stairs from the carport to the front door of Raizada House, he asked, "Where is the child's mother?" 

He heard some tension in his own tone, and was not surprised that Khushi turned abruptly to look at him.

"I don't know," she replied.

Arnav found this hard to believe. "He has never spoken of her? How old is the girl?"

"Four," Khushi replied. "He took Khushi away to America soon after she was born. I only know that he is still unmarried."

They stepped through the front door, and Arnav locked it behind them. "He told you that?"

"I heard Mrs Malhotra ask Buaji if she could help forge a rishta for Yashji."

"Good luck with that!" Arnav said, almost under his breath. But, Khushi who had the power to read his mind, heard him.

"Why do you say it that way?" 

"What way?" 

"Spitefully," she elaborated. "Granted, I know that many doors would now be closed to him with the question about Khushi's mother and his past, but if a woman has the courage to look beyond that, Yashji would make an excellent husband."

"I don't care what sort of husband he will make; I simply meant that your Yashji will not marry no matter how many rishtas Buaji brings."

"Kyun?"

"Because the woman he wants is already married."

"Who?"

"You, obviously!" 

"Kya?"

They had reached their bedroom. He turned to Khushi and she looked--well, shocked! He had his answer: she was not aware that her friend was in love with her. That soothed him somehow. Her face was in half-shadow. He ran a finger down her cheek and across her jaw. He nodded at the question in her eyes. "I see how he is with you."

"No," she shook her head with disbelief. "You are mistaken. What you see is the affection of a friend," Khushi clarified, and walked to the vanity table, where she began to remove her necklace.

She seemed irritated by his predictions.

Arnav followed her. The necklace got tangled once more in her hair, and he assisted in freeing it. "Tell me, Khushi," he asked, laying the necklace down on the table, "is there anyone left in this world not totally obsessed with you?"

"Yes, I know one person."

-------------

Since my lappy seem to don't want work with me .. lets give 2 cents from my iphone.

i don't knwo why but from last night , i have feeling that you are gonna do something that we might be getting some sad or table turn update. See we have been getting nice and happy updates . you have to addd some masala na :$  even though it already has ..
so yeah i have been pareparing myself for sad one ..
so today's updated showed Arnav side, how he want khushi only to him. it's good to see his side and oh man "[Quote=Inked]but remember you sleep only with me." this line , i don't but i really liked it.

when payal teased , this showed how u don't like when other say something about your love , even they are right or not . we always get defensive.

he is Jealous when he saw yash and little girl name khushi.. you know i always thought that when she met his clients , i thought u might show jealousy there but u did not . you are so unexpected lol.

the last line  "[Quote=Inked]"Khushi, you looked very beautiful with the child in your arms.""   stole the update 😳👏

you are an simply amazing writer,and my absloute fav writer on IF!!! i  really like the flow of the story, you have done commandable job!! Keep it up!!
OMG UPDATE<3

So early!!!

RES

*Edited

Okay so...

"Then we have a problem," he said, "because like your daughter, I also eat best when fed by Khushi's hands." 

Arnav surprised Khushi with his response. His eyes met hers across the table and spoke of every other pleasure he also enjoyed delivered by Khushi's hands. Khushi's body responded to his fiery gaze. She felt herself flush, but the heat intensified when Yash threw her a devilish wink across the table."

She flushed? I would have attacked. :p

Anyway...moving on...

I no like this Yash person not because he is not nice but because because of him Arnav is feeling jealous and when Arnav is jealous, nothing too good can happen. :p

But I like how he still trusts Khushi and is so frank with her...hope Khushi assures him even more that she is his as he is hers.

Lovely update...continue soon. :)

Edited by AngelTeen - 11 years ago
res!!! :D

*edit*

The first few lines about love was too good!! 👏

Awww!!!!
When will I get such an obsessive husband!!!

And if I don't, Harshu will be tooo sad!!!

"Tell me, Khushi," he asked, laying the necklace down on the table, "is there anyone left in this world not totally obsessed with you?"

Feeling so sad for Arnav. . .
For such an possessive husband, it must be hard to deal with all the attention Khushi gets. . .

I loved the passionate undercurrents that were flowing in between ArHi throughout the update too. . .

Thanks for the update, and the PM, Maya 😃
Edited by -_-harsh42 - 11 years ago
*Edit*

Nooo! I stalk, and stalk and stalk, yet I never end up being the first commenter! -.-
See how popular your fic is? People are dying to res the first place!

Anyway, coming to the update, that was a beautiful update in itself. You wrote the tension amazingly well, yet you did not write it in such a way that the reader felt that one character was at fault. 

Khushi naivety and Arnav's possessiveness has what's caused this little banter. It's not a misunderstanding, it's just a difference of opinion. Arnav believes Yash to be in love with Khushi, while she thinks that he is reading too much into it. 

I loved the way this scene played out. It was so realistic!

Okay, again, I could be reading wayyy too much into it. And you probably did not even intend to put it across this way, but this is what I gathered :p

This sentence:

So Arnav could have done without saying this. I mean to say, he could have made light of hte situation by using his smooth charming ways to keep the conversation going. But the fact that he said what he said pretty much highlighted Arnav's...possessive nature again. 
By saying this, he not only reminded Khushi of how much she meant to him, but it was a clear message to Kunal that she is his wife, and he loves her, and she loves him. It was a clear message that said. She's mine. 

I don't think he meant it in a bad way. I don't think he said it to put Kunal back in his place or whatever. He just said it because that's what he wanted to put out there on the table for everyone to know. Khushi was his wife, and that was never going to change. 

And, Arnav also saw his tiny wife disappear into that man's embrace. Another husband may have dismissed it as the easy banter between two dear old friends, but for this husband, it was not so easily set aside. If truth must be told, it gnawed upon him. He wasn't threatened. Khushi was his--that was final. But, it made him wonder if she was aware of her own power. He believed there was nothing deliberate about her that drew men to her. Yet? Shyam. NK. Yash.

THAT is what I meant to say through this post. That he isn't threatened by Khushi being embraced by another man, because they've gone through too much together for him to know that Khushi is his. Yet the jealousy streak in him is not going to die overnight, and the effect his wife has on men, is not going to let Arnav stay peacefully. 

Anyway, this is turning out to be an essay!

So all in all, I absolutely loved reading this update! I hope that i end up beign the first commenter soon! :D Hahaha till then hope to look forward to reading more from you!

PS: Sorry if this comment was a bit disjointed! Like I said, I write whatever comes to my mind, and half the time it's jumping from one place to another :P
Edited by Krani - 11 years ago
Inked... what will I do without your daily doses of Arhi...I'm so used to reading it everyday
THANKS FOR THE EARLY UPDATE...

I liked the fact that Arnav is being pushed out of his comfort zone. He is realizing there are many things on which he has no control at all... such as the feelings of other people.