Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

Gujaratis are very hospitable 

Says small screen bahu Pratyusha Banerjee in a candid chat with AT 

Soumitra Das 

For someone who is barely in her 20s,Pratyusha Banerjee,who plays Anandi in the immensely popular Balika Vadhu,comes across as someone who is mature way beyond her years.But this softspoken Bengali beauty from Jamshedpur,who was in Vadodara to promote her show,surprises us when she says,Contrary to what people think,I am a very short-tempered person in real life.Thats definitely something that I want to change about myself.I want to stay calm in all kinds of situations. 
Ask her about her relationship with businessman and aspiring actor Makrand Malhotra,and the shy smile is back,Arre aap ko un ka naam bhi maluum hai she blushes,the happiness pretty evident on her face,before adding,Makrand is someone I can look up to in any kind of situation.I have rarely come across someone as loving and caring as him.It has been just eight months since we started seeing each other,but I hope everything goes well and we can tie the knot in the future. 
Was she nervous before taking up the role of the grown-up Anandi (she won a nationwide SMS poll to get selected) when the show took a five year leap,considering that Avika Gor had already made it such a popular character I wasnt nervous,but it took me a while to relate to the character.But the love and affection that I have received from the fans because of this show is unbelievable.When the content is strong,everything else falls into place automatically.Besides,I am a blessed main lead,who gets leaves whenever she wants! she smiles.
While she never thought of acting as a career,the fascination for the glamour world was there.She laughs,As a kid,I wanted to become a model.But my height was an issue,and my parents werent very thrilled with the idea. She adds,I was into Kathak,and used to do plays in school.At the age of 17,after I did a p l ay c a l l e d Kalidas,I realized that I could act.I told my parents about my desire to get into acting,and they agreed. 
The hectic schedule meant that she couldnt complete her graduation.I completed my first year,but had to leave college once Balika Vadhu happened.But I want to complete it soon, she tells us.
While not facing the camera,Pratyusha loves listening to music and spending time with close friends. 
Ask her about her Gujarat connect and she says,This is my first visit to Vadodara,I have been to Ahmedabad and enjoyed the hospitality.My best friend is from Gujarat so,I feel special whenever I come here.I have enjoyed Gujarati food so much that now,I often look for places that serve Gujarati thaali in Mumbai. 
She then shares a longcherished dream,I would love to do a film in my mother tongue,and its good to see that meaningful Bengali films are being made these days.

Pratyusha Banerjee 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top