Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

i was expecting a reply from mnx12 ๐Ÿ‘  so i was braced for it that was very good post .
Thanks, expecting  a reply๐Ÿ˜†
First of all  my sincere apologies to every body who felt offended by that post. purpose of that post was not to offend any body  but to further improve the show.  the point of discussion was the imperfections in show and not the strong point of show so let me take all the points one by one.

1. The BG karpurgauram, Om Namah Shivay, Shiv Shiv chant makes me feel divine.

of course we all feel it is divine no complaints from me at least on that front.

2.The entire Kailash, Vishnuji, Lakshmiji on Shesh-shaiyya, Brhmaji in Brhmaloka makes me feel divine.

i already mentioned that sets and castings are very good  no two opinions on that

3. Naradji adds the much needed touch.
4. Nandi with his devotion for Shivji makes...
5. Rishi Dadhichi, Rishi Kashyap, Rishi Markandey makes...

same as above as these are achieved by castings which have been excellent

6. Shukracharya & the Asuras too adds the required touch.

here i disagree shukracharya is bhrigu's son and a brahmin showing him as just another asur is not warranted actually its funny seeing his real mother khyathi and himself to be of age its kind of odd
 Shukrachrya was Brigu's other wife Ishana's son, who was an Asura's daughter, see here

7. Isn't Tarakasura doing penance divine?

penance is always divine who does it does'nt matter

8. Daksh, Prasuti praying to Vishnuji is divine.

No not at all divine i never saw devotion of daksh to vishnu in the show. show gives me an impression that its more to do with daksh's hatred of shiva rather than devotion of vishnu
Daksh got a lot easily from Brhmaji for being a Prajapati. Brhmaji can not be worshiped, Shivji he hated, so being a sanchalak of the world, he wanted to promote Vishnuji's worship. the powers he had shoud be to some extent credited to his Vishnu-bhakti. At the final yagya, Vishnuji fought from Daksh's side with Veerbhadra.

9. Sati writing Shivji's name on Lotus is divine.
10. Dadhichi & Prasuti's prayer Rudrashtak iis divine.
11. Shivji's singing to get Rag-Ragini's conscious is divine.
12. Sati's singinging same Shiv-music is divine.
13. Her Dance with Shivji joining her is divine.

all of the above were the reasons why i came became follower of this show and member of this forum so i completely agree with them.

14. Her Yoga-nidra & the Mahayogi coming to wake her up is divine.

No not divine i feel the event was too dramatized ( soap opera style) . here is the point were inconsistencies started creeping up before this event the show was perfect to the core.
This track was to show Shivji, inspite of refusing Sati, got drawn to her when she was expressing her love for him. When a person is at a higher state of mind at that time disturbing that state can lead to problems, if the person doesn't know about how to come back, it's a concept of yoga, higer meditation, that's why they recomend  a Guru, who can safely take his Shishya to the state of a Samadhi & get him back safely.
15. The Ardhnarishwar concept is divine.
16. The expalnation  of Mahakaal, beyond past, present & future is my favourite.
17. Showing smashan to indicate every mortal's life ends here & the Shivji's world starts from there is divine.

i completely agree with above points. however according to show did sati understand these things as far as i know she didnt as her behavior shows after the shiv ratri episode

Shiv losing cool and wanting to kill daksh and daksh also wanting to kill sati left me in bad taste
even more outrageous thing is she instantly becomes daksh's confidante just after he had tried killing  her.
Sati was born because of Daksh's penanace. Till she gets married to Shivji, which was the purposeof her birth, she had to be with Daksh. When Shivji made her realise her limitations, which she took as a rejection she wanted to go back with her father. But when Daksh in his ego & arrogance wanted to prove his greatness by killing Sati for disobeying him, Shivji had to stop him. In Devi Puran Devi Shakti had told Daksh she will be with him as long as his punya is there. When it gets over she will leave him & Go. There are many examples in Puranas of many characters enjoying while others were suffering due to this punya account only. Even God when  takes an incarnation, is able to end them only when their punya is over.
 18. Love as depicted in DKDM is very good and appealing but by no means divine as it flip flops as love hate relationship just like humans. they could have shown that in more diginfied manner
Shiv and sati are soul mates there is no scope for misunderstanding as shown in DKDM. real sati( read as puranic depiction) is confident assertive and never ever lost heart or broke down.
she gave up her life just because she heard shiv ninda that was confidence and assertion from her side.
Makers had made it clear in the begining that they are going to show human side of Shivji, so expecting the exact puranic depiction every time is bound to lead to dissatifaction.

19. God has created the worls, to run it properly they do some Leelas from time to time, it is perfectly divine.

Shiv does not do leelas and its not his nature leela part is always done by vishnu who looks after creation shiv is a destroyer and sanchalak.
This Leela part was their creative imagination. But in Puranas there are examples of Shivji taking different form to give  a message. One such instance is when Brhmaji & Vishnuji were arguing about who is the greatest among them, the bright Shivling appeared. Then Om appeared as A U M around the Shivling. At that time Shivji appeared as a rishi explaining both of them the meaning of Om, which is also called the Shabda-brhma.

20. Their Leelas happen at the human plane so human emotions are involved, understanding the final motive & result is understanding the Leela, which is again divine.

perfectly said but it did'nt happen that way in DKDM
They couldn't show it properly that's Madhuri was shown explaing the meaning at the end of the epi.

Shiv leela did'nt serve any purpose shatbish only left as he saw talk of aadishakti between dadhichi and shiv that might as well have been achieved by directly dadhichi or any other talking to shatbish there was no need for shiv to come in human form, he didn't even alleviate suffering of sati  
The Shiv-leela here was to end the drama stared from Jalsamadhi track, it served the purpose of getting Sati free from her promise.

21. emotions can be shown but emotions dominating divine aspect is not acceptable that will mar the credibility of the show.
Makers have said they are showing the human side of Shivji.
22. yes that it is why it needs to be perfect and should be with out any flaws as i said the starting was awesome but slowly it degenerated towards ordinary love story .
I am atleast hopeful for the best

23. this is paradoxical shiv and sati are inseparable separation is as seen by us mortals why would shivji worry about that. even if we assume that he  is worried as mahakaal he should and will know that its inevitable. according to shiv puran version shivji wanted to be mendicant and not house holder hence he objected to his life as householder but people made him understand its essential for him to be householder for the sake of creation and he consented.
This story is based on many Puranas, it is Devi Shakti's story too, so always refering to the Shiv-puran will lead to confusion.
24. The Swayamvar was just divine, the Guests present created the divine feel.
25. How can my Shivji not be divine, any action, that involves him interacting with humans is Divine.

above two points come down to sets,casting and individual actors capability which of course are perfect.

Point of my post is we all like the serial that is why we are concerned about it and do some criticism  because we are pained by some soap opera type  elements creeping in. otherwise nobody would have bothered.
Creative difference of opinion is always welcome.

we only want the show to improve further and attract larger audience.
I wish the show attracts very large viewership. It has attracted the other viewers towards this Show with their treatement. A normal Mytho airing these days doesn't have even this much viewership as DKDM
As i consider Mahadev  and Mata sati as my araadhya i will not and cannot settle for any depiction which is not perfect, 
PS. the article Attaining Mahadev, they have explained the DKDM concept very well.

Best Regards
Krishna

Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruti.nil

very very nice meenaxi...i so agree with you...maybe the story telling style is diffrent..but never the less still divine..

Thanks Shruti๐Ÿ˜Š This different style itself has attracted many viewers including me. It has it's divine aspects & I love them.๐Ÿ‘
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kkr531

i also saw some personal abuses  heaped  on people just because they presented another perspective

that does not augur well for forum.  hope that was just an aberration  and not a trend.

regards
Krishna

I guess they were hurt by strong critcism of the show they love so much, it was just am outbust. I have seen much much stronger outburst for one of my reply here, which I have chosen to ignore instead of giving it more importance. We are here to share our views & enoy the show that's what matters finally.
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: curry-sistah

great post and points!!!

i too love the divinity in the show and it too makes me more spiritual/religious.  It also makes me want to be and act better.  When you fill you mind with positive and good things you tend to act that way too. I am actually learning a lot from dkdm. Yes there is  some modernity in it but it doesn't  take away from  or ruin the show. If it were too conservative like the way some people prefer then you would still have other people complaining that its not modern enough for the new age. I just watch to learn  and enjoy the show, and try not to look at it as a show though.  

Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š That's the right approach to enjoy this show. Very well said๐Ÿ‘
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Absolutely Agree with u minakshi...

We always welcome criticization  with open hands ...because its meaning IS the show is doing a good job ...even Mahatma Gandhi is NOT applicable to all minds in those...days ...

When it comes to shivji there is no need of any explanatory... 

but we have to remember one THING  we are in 21ST  cent and the entertainment of people is changing day to day so ...Setting a trend of watching a mythological show is a not a easy task ...

How many percent of people  know about Shivji only the learned and above 35 to 50 's may be ...perfectly layouted in this issue ...

But attracting teens and children is not possible with normal mytho rules ...they feel they are boring ...
Their taste and feeling are different so a show must have flexibility to mold all  aspects before viewers...
If we are not ready to support this team ...
then in future no one  will dare to attempt another quality show in the mytho column ...

we cant say that all mythos are perfect ...even our recorded scriptures...accepting new way of tale is justified 

for  Example in the show they showed  Shivji is unwilling to take a human form in the beginning but when time insist he had to bend down to reach his devotes...When we are not ready to hard task to accomplish ...the God himself bent down lead the path for us ...is acceptable...
Then why there is ... so disgusting comments prevails in this forum i dont understand ...
Just Romance is the problem for them or the sources are not correct is that the problem ...

Apart from watching ,how many members voluntarily asked for Devi Puran, Devi BHagavatam etc and Shiv puran's LINk to read and verify ...since they are not aware of this . before ...because of ..this show how deeply they are attached TO GOD AND EAGERLY TAKING STEPS TO KNOW ABOUT .him...
is THAT POSSIBLE BY A DULL MYTHO SOAP ...
answer UR SELF  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ      

mnx12 thumbnail
Agree with you Vanadhi, if DKDM was like other Mytho shows I would have seen only 1 or 2 epi. of it. The makers & the viewers live in today's age, where we can connect with this portrayal faster.
coolfizzy thumbnail
Girl u've written it so well...
How cn sum1 think that this show is not divine?????
i luv this show mainly bcoz of its divinity...

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
To be honest,if the show didn't have ANY divinity...I wouldn't be watching it! So that in itself is the biggest proof! So many of my friends have told me that their parents and grandparents watch this show...surely they are more able to judge if a mytho show is worthy of watching or not?
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Awesome post palโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘
People often expect if its a Mytho show it has to be like this n so n so...cause they have a preconceived notion abt it ,its not anybodies mistake either cause from the beginning we are shown the Mythological characters be it Rishi,Dev or Asura look,behave in a certain way so ppl tend to expect the same in whatever they see...Just by adding Graphics doesn't make it any less Authentic...Look at the research they made..look at the hard work they have put in and above all this they aren't compromising on the Content..Jo Mila Research Main wahee dekhare hai..If anybody has any pb they have a choice of turning off their Tv or switching off the Channel

I'd like to add another point that Romance between two souls/people/God's whateva it is .. its something which only they can understand ..the PURITY of it cannot be judged.. as they say 'Beauty of a thing lies in the eyes of the beholder' ..As is the vision, so is the world.. Is what i believe ..so the next time anybody object on anything they should realize at least in their minds this! Cause Love is something very divine n pure be it Human or GOD's..Do read the story of  Tirupati Bajalji Swamy one would be surprised to see such great Divine love!
The show has enlightened many of us...to be frank i have started following may of Shiva's ways!

It has given each Mythological character related with Shiva Its rightful place...many of us never knew Nandi's story or who Rishi kashyap n Rishi Dhatich is!

Come on this  show clearly says  that it is SHIVA"S LOVE STORY..itna clear bolne ke baad samjhna ayee toh no one can do anything..Showing a little Romance doesn't make it Less DIVINE!

Sab ka Bhakti ka ALag definition hota hai..respect it or leave it bus!

Oh yes wanna add another thing..If Shiva (the real one๐Ÿ˜†) wouldn't have given his Nod to make the show ...we wouldn't have seen the show ever..their are ample examples on this vishay.

No Offenses meant๐Ÿ˜†

Regards

Sia
Edited by Killer_Shark - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Killer_Shark

Awesome post palโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘
People often expect if its a Mytho show it has to be like this n so n so...cause they have a preconceived notion abt it ,its not anybodies mistake either cause from the beginning we are shown the Mythological characters be it Rishi,Dev or Asura look,behave in a certain way so ppl tend to expect the same in whatever they see...Just by adding Graphics doesn't make it any less Authentic...Look at the research they made..look at the hard work they have put in and above all this they aren't compromising on the Content..Jo Mila Research Main wahee dekhare hai..If anybody has any pb they have a choice of turning off their Tv or switching off the Channel

I'd like to add another point that Romance between two souls/people/God's whateva it is .. its something which only they can understand ..the PURITY of it cannot be judged.. as they say 'Beauty of a thing lies in the eyes of the beholder' ..As is the vision, so is the world.. Is what i believe ..so the next time anybody object on anything they should realize at least in their minds this! Cause Love is something very divine n pure be it Human or GOD's..Do read the story of  Tirupati Bajalji Swamy one would be surprised to see such great Divine love!
The show has enlightened many of us...to be frank i have started following may of Shiva's

It has given each Mythological character related with Shiva Its rightful place...many of us never knew Nandi's story or who Rishi kashyap n Rishi Dhatich is!

Come on this  show clearly says  that it is SHIVA"S LOVE STORY..itna clear bolne ke baad samjhna ayee toh no one can do anything..Showing a little Romance doesn't make it Less DIVINE!

Sab ka Bhakti ka ALag definition hota hai..respect it or leave it bus!

Oh yes wanna add another thing..If Shiva (the real one๐Ÿ˜†) wouldn't have given his Nod to make the show ...we wouldn't have seen the show ever..their are ample examples on this vishay.

No Offenses meant๐Ÿ˜†

Regards

Sia

Thanks, ๐Ÿ˜ŠIt's our vision which makes the world look the way we see.
Very true it is Lord Shiv's wish-The Real One, that this show is airing & we are the blessed ones watching it.๐Ÿ˜Š