Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Do something worthwhile with your life (Page 2)

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:11am | IP Logged
opti -- I understood his statement to mean that she continues the supply but Aman will manage the logistics ( there are specific menus for each person). He forbade her to come to office that's all.

Having said that ...I want Khushi to be independent with or without Arnav's encouragement.

His statement was still uncalled for and mean -- but he was in character... he was trying to incite her to respond as usual!

Edited by Newbiesoapfan - 08 April 2012 at 9:12am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hmeerakrishnan

Dear,

First coming to answer this question of urs : Hope the show last till then. This show is very popular and gives star plus a lottt of revenue..ok..only because few weeks TRP is low.This show will never go off air for atleast an year taking into consideration amount of fans BARUN has got .Star plus are not mad people.They know when to call a show off air.This shw will remain on air for atleast another 1.5 yrs given the take any one of the lead pair quits and mainly BARUN which he will not do.Do u know how popular this guy is nowadays...He is very clear guy and I have heard all his interviews that he wants to stick on to television for some time.He was very clear in his interview wih Noreen Khan where he mentioned very few actors have had a good run in Bollywood and that unlike Tv where u earn every month,its not so in cinema..So till BARUN is there for him this show will run.

I put that rider because I dont know how long they will take to normalise the relationship between these two, going by the way they are dragging things. So it may take 1 and a half years just to get the Arshi track going. Secondly this PH turned the heroine of their earlier show into a decorative nagging wife although  she was shown very capable when she was unmarried. Hope they dont repeat it here. 

Why are getting so tensed..Its coomon nature of gents that they cannot see their wives to be too independent and not depending on them financially..U will 1 in a million who supports his 's her wife..CV's here re showing what's happens in our country.A man will never tolerate his wife being more successful than him.

I disagree with you that men dont want their women to be independent.  Things have changed and most men want working wives not only because of the income but also because it gives the woman a sense of independence in thinking.  Men who think otherwise are MCPs in my opinion.  

Arnav clearly knows capabilities of Khushi and what she can do.Like all gents he would never like someone telling him ur wife is more successful than u...She will nt sit quite nw..For the comments arnav has passed her to something fruitful in life...(that may be beacuse of anger).But KKGSR has serioulsy taken it and wl surely do something which make Arnav repent later

Why should he not take pride in his wife's achievements? As to Khushi becoming mroe successful that ASR, that is wishful thinking. If she does, he should take it up as a challenge and excel in his field. One can have a healthy competition without putting the other person down. Just because he is her husband does not give him the right to run her life. Am glad to see Khushi is holding her own here.
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

opti -- I understood his statement to mean that she continues the supply but Aman will manage the logistics ( there are specific menus for each person). He forbade her to come to office that's all.

Having said that ...I want Khushi to be independent with or without Arnav's encouragement.

His statement was still uncalled for and mean -- but he was in character... he was trying to incite her to respond as usual!

I thought that was the existing arrangement anyway. Did Shukla not say that she will do the cooking and he will get the stuff for her and manage the distribution?  Yes, Khushi should be independent irrespective of what LG thinks. I hope they don't forget her characterisation and make her a dumb and nagging wife later on in the show like how they ruined Geet.

sun2011

mysterygirl123 Goldie
mysterygirl123
mysterygirl123

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged

Opti... thats not what he said.

He said : "Meri zindagi ke saath kuch to dhang ka karo" ...meaning " do atleast something worthwhile with my life" ...i.e you ve already messed up my life completely and made it hell; by not coming to office and showing me your face there, you can atleast give me peace for sometime"

He did not say " apni zindagi ke saath kuch too dhang ka karo"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011..Apz..

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bidz

I am probably the only one who took this line in a different way. I thought that he said this because deep down he has very high opinion of her and he wants her to realize her potential and do what she is capable of doing. I actually liked that lone very much. He doesn't care if Anjali, Payal etc are sitting at home, but he expects better from her. These are my two cents...

That's the point. She wasn't idling away in the house.  She is already having a business of her own.  If he thinks her business is not worthy of his stature too bad for him because she has the right to pursue what interests her.  Who is he to decide what is her potential? He had no qualms when she was made to be La's trainer.  The dabba service should be more rewarding than training someone to be a good housewife.    

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011SanzBarbie

preetijaiswal19 IF-Dazzler
preetijaiswal19
preetijaiswal19

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mysterygirl123

He said : "Meri zindagi ke saath kuch to dhang ka karo" ...meaning " do atleast something worthwhile with my life" ...i.e you ve already messed up my life completely and made it hell; by not coming to office and showing me your face there, you can atleast give me peace for sometime"

@bold... yeah... I think this is what I remember him saying... havent seen the epi to confirm.. but I dont remember him saying what Opti said...

..Apz..

pikudika Senior Member
pikudika
pikudika

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Hey Opti,

I feel that ASR is just venting his frustration, he is very well aware of Khushi's capabilities( read the look on his face when she said she was a wife of a businessman).  I guess he is shooting his mouth off at every given opportunity without any logic or reasoning as he is afraid to confront his demons and his own feelings towards khushi which are obviosly undeniable!
this must be his frustration of not being able to accept that he loves her inspite of the terrance scene!
Dont worry, his road to redemption will be a hard one and worth watching. All these are going to come back to haunt him!
Cheers!

sun2011

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mysterygirl123

Barun's enunciation of his lines leaves many confused. He speaks so fast and doesn't open his mouth wide enough for us to make out what he says.  I went by the english subtitles to catch what he said there.  Arnav could have merely said "mujhe paksh do" instead of this convoluted sentence which is not readily understandable.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mysterygirl123sun2011SanzBarbie

Go to top