Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav is wrong, Is Khushi right? (Page 20)

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ttt1

@sunaina

If these characters were for reaI i think arnav wiII be in jaiI by now but these shows and our society beIieves in ideaI bahu

ideaI for the worId , hw i cant get it  if they cant get justice for themseIves , that way khushi is wrong just my pov

If these characters were for real - I doubt whether Payals mom and dad would let Khushi take all the responsibility and whether they would in the first place allow khushi to be engaged to Shyam without doing the usual background check .

If it were for real - nothing like this would have happened . iPKKND is a story written for Indian TV serial . .

By the way I would love to see ASR in jail as that will translate into more accolades for  Barun Sobti . WinkBig smile

Edited by sunaina02 - 08 April 2012 at 10:50pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ArielUltimateBarun..Apz..

tttttt1 IF-Rockerz
tttttt1
tttttt1

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by riti4u

Originally posted by serialjunkie

i would just add one thing here. Khushi did not ask Arnav to marry her, he forced her to marry him.

there is a saying in my language, paraphrasing here.
if you pick a venomous snake and decide to put it in your pocket, how do you not expect to be bitten by it?

so if arnav dragged khushi into his sphere of influence, he cannot expect to be not hurt by her reactions.

khushi is flawed no doubt, but what arnav has done to her is nothing short of criminal under any court of law.

now, i understand this is drama, so I will take it for the sake of drama to allow the story to move forward. But in reality, what Arnav has done to khushi is a grave injustice of massive proportions and not at all comparable to the fact that khushi hid shyam's truth from him.

Had he not dragged her into his house, she would not be in danger of facing shyam day in and day out. right now, she has no one to protect her, in her own house she had atleast buaji.

so lets not mix reality and fiction. in fiction, i will watch this for the sake of drama. But in reality, khushi's faults pale in comparison and ASR's forced marriage is criminal under Indian Penal Court and Hindu Marriage Act. Lets not gloss it.

No offence meant, zoha, I hope you understand. you know i am a sensible and reasonable person, but i dont want the fictional comparisons, understanding and/or justification of ASR's actions to gloss over the reality of it.

Here is an excerpt from Human Rights commission :-

JUST FYI - For drama's sake we can ignore the following but lets not forget what human rights laws have to say about it

http://www.forcedmarriage.net/media/images/FMGuidance-for-PoliceOfficers_108.pdf

Forced marriage is an abuse of human rights. "Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses."
(Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 16 (2))

"A woman's right to choose a spouse and enter freely into marriage is central to her life and her dignity and equality as a human being."
(General Recommendation No. 21, UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women)

Hey there, well everyone has right to there opinion..so are you..but I disagree with one fact..khushi was blackmailed for this marriage fine..but she did have her choices..it was not as arnav didnt give her any choice...yes what he did was not correct..but i dont think it was crime..she chose to marry arnav in full senses... he gave her choice to either marry or he will not let payash wedding take place.. I agree she was blackmailed..but she could have let him do what he wanted...if she really didnt want to get into this marriage...here I dont say arnav was not at bigger fault..yes he was...ofcourse he was..I just want to say...khushi did have a choice...
Really? Rather contradictory on all counts isn't it?

@ritu

So it is not a forced marriage in the first pIace?

The meaning of forced marriage is cmpeIIed to marry under certain circumstances here it is payaI's marriage

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tumti1076pikudikaJShuklaSanzBarbie.Euphoria.serialjunkie

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

Originally posted by ttt1

@sunaina

If these characters were for reaI i think arnav wiII be in jaiI by now but these shows and our society beIieves in ideaI bahu

ideaI for the worId , hw i cant get it  if they cant get justice for themseIves , that way khushi is wrong just my pov

By the way I would love to see ASR in jail as that will translate into more accolades for  Barun Sobti . WinkBig smile

@blue - I say bring it on. This will definitely be cause-celebre for  high drama and histrionics. And my hats off to CVs if they can intelligently pull it off.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pikudikaAR-ARHI_nailatttttt1DiamondLife

tttttt1 IF-Rockerz
tttttt1
tttttt1

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

I think in order to show the guy's jeaIousy  they are crossing the Iine not with just forced marriage , but with aII the domestic and emotionaI vioIence that is being shown , it is a show but they shouId be carefuI when it is prime time

There are many ways of showing the same thing this is just not the right way

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pikudikaevenjleena28.Euphoria.SanzBarbieenigma17serialjunkieDiamondLife

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by riti4u

Thanks dear.. thats exactly my point...more than that she could have trusted Akash to stand by payal..if she believes he loves her..but this serial makers projected her as savior and angel..but to me she is human..she has her share of mistakes too.. why she carries all burden of family...there are elders too who can take decision..she could have trusted anjali and nani too to stand by her...

a big point is lost here.
comparing khush's idiotic behavior to ASR's criminal behavior are not one and the same.

ok, we can accept this as the need for drama, ASR had to "force" marriage because it helps take the drama forward. I understand that

but lets not compare the two flaws on the same scale. They are not even CLOSE to be on the same scale.
To make one point clear here... I am not compairing their flaws as equal... I didnt say she made an equal mistake...she didnt..and never I said that arnav's mistake was not bigger...I just said that I dont agree that he is criminal ..thats all.. well you can say I have been partial towards him from the start..but just criminal word made me quite sad.. thats it...otherwise..wud not hav entered this discussion.. Just putting my views..with this I rest my case..have real work to do..Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pikudikaUltimateBarun

Johny.S.Raj IF-Sizzlerz
Johny.S.Raj
Johny.S.Raj

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
FRIENDS TRY TO UNDERSTAND BOTH PARTICULARLY KHUSHIJI. ON THE RECENT EPISODES KHUSHIJI SHOULD HAVE TOLD ASR WHERE SHE WENT AFTER THE HEER RANJHA PLAY. BUT ASR'S DI TOLD HER THAT ASR WILL BE VERY MUCH HURT WHEN HE KNOWS THAT I AM(ANJALI) NOT WELL. THINK FRIENDS KHUSHIJI DID NOT TELL ASR BECAUSE ASR CANT BEAR HIS DI IN THAT STATE. SAME IS THE CASE WITH SHAYM TRUTH CONCEPT.IF KUSHIJI TELLS THE TRUTH TO ASR, HOW COULD HE BEAR THAT SNAKE HIS JIJAJI IS A CULPRIT( BUT HE KNOWS THE TRUTH THAT WE KNOW BUT KKGSR DOES NOT KNOW IT)AND U ALL, ME AND KHUSHIJI KNOWS HOW MUCH HE LOVES HIS DI. I AM TELLING U ALL THAT KHUSHIJI WILL NEVER TELL THE TRUTH OF SHYAM TO ASR BECAUSE SHE CANT SEE HIM IN PAIN. WHEN SHE COMES TO KNOW THE TRUTH OF MU ONLY , SHE MIGHT TELL HIM. I AM NOT TELLING KHUSIJI IS A ANGEL, BUT U CANT BLAME HER FOR NOT TELLING THE TRUTH TO ASR, THERE ARE VALID REASONS FRIENDS. ALSO HER TRUST IS DECREASING ON ASR DAY BY DAY( HOW CAN SHE TELL HIM NOW. WILL U PEOPLE TELL UR PROBLEMS TO A PERSON WHOM U R NOT TRUSTING THAT MUCH), U ALL CAN NOTICE IT. ACCORDING TO ME NO MISTAKE IN KKGSR'S SIDE FOR NOT TELLING THE TRUTH TO ASR... I AM NOT HURTING ANY ONE FEELING HERE SORRY...
gheeshakkar Goldie
gheeshakkar
gheeshakkar

The one thing that comes to my mind right now is, why blame patriarchy for misogyny, when we women do such a splendid job of it.

Rag1niSanzBarbieserialjunkie

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Originally posted by sunaina02

Smriti - you are right and Arnav Singh Raizada should be jailed . Khushi should have the guts to get out of Raizada mansion and go to police station and complain against ASR - that she was forced to marry him. She should actually take help of Shyam the lawyer and do that .

Another actor  should get entry and pair with Khushi . A nice sweet man who is always smiling and looks cuddly, e.g.  someone like Naitik would be great.

I would love to watch Barun Sobti in ail striped prisoner  attire and render the performance never seen on TV before .Day Dreaming

Please do not complain if he again sweeps all the awards in SPA 2013  LOL

su - you need to separate fact and fiction. i am very clear in my post that you can enjoy the drama as is and let the makers show what they want.

but lets not gloss over the fact that in reality what the character ASR did is indeed considered criminal and what he did is NOT EQUAL to khushi's idiocy.

As for your tone of sarcasm, i don't care to comment on that.

We are enjoying the drama , Aint we ?

You said it right  Smriti - in reality what ASR did is criminal and Khushi is constantly being shown as a complete idiot .

The fact that you posted in red , large font and bold - my sarcasm has hit at the right place  LOL

ArielUltimateBarun..Apz..

Go to top