Wow, this seems really interesting!
caged23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Very interesting. Can't wait for the next chapter
hilly thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
oh wow ! deff. interesting ! Lovin' it already ! What  a deal that has got to be confirmed with marriage ! yikes and now I'm really curious to find out what her dream was about ?! a dream wedding, seeing her prince charming ?! 

excitign can't wait for the next update. I feel like it a trap to finalize the deal through a wedding so they be as upscale as the famous 'Gupta Industries'. 
tennismaniac19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Hey guys!!! I'm really, really, really sorry for being so late. I'm trying to update as soon as possible. Here's Chapter 2 for you and I'll be posting Chapter 5 of Walking On Sunshine tomorrow. No Masquerade update till after 4th May. Really sorry.

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Khushi couldn't believe how her life had changed in the past few hours. When she had woken up in the morning, she had been just another ordianry young girl going about with her life but now, she was the soon-to-be wife of Rakesh Mehra, one of the richest bachelors in the city. And to top it all off, she was expected to go everywhere with the Mehras' most trusted man - the unabashedly handsome Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Before today, she had hardly interacted with men, having gone to an all girls school and an all girls college. But now she was suddenly being asked to marry one within a week and spend that particular week prior to the wedding in a different man's company!

Before going to sleep that night, Khushi thought about her to-be husband. He seemed alright - Babuji had told her that he was a very successful business man himself and had learnt the ropes of his father's company in no time at all. She tried many times to visualise Rakesh's face but each time she saw a pair of molten, brown eyes set in a chiselled face, cropped hair giving it a dangerous look and lips drawn in a firm line...

Khushi adjusted the strap of her shoulder bag as she stepped out of the house. She was supposed to select her wedding ring today and her insides were squirming on thinking about who was to accompany her.

Her amma had given her strict instructions on how to behave around a man, especially now that she was commited to one and stepping out with another. Everything, from how to sit, stand, walk, place her hands and touch her hair to how to address him and speak around him had been dictated to her in a stern tone.

"Good morning Mr. Raizada."

She received a brief nod acknowledging her presence. The drive to the jewellery store was just as uneventful and Khushi felt herself getting annoyed with him. What was his problem? Would it kill him to say something?

She was about to give him a piece of her mind when he brought the car to a jerking halt and asked her to get out. She looked at him incredulously, his rudeness continously increasing her irritation.

"We've reached. You can get out now."

Khushi had never been an enthusiastic shopper. Even though she belonged to a wealthy family, clothes and jewels did not appeal to her. So naturally she was finding it difficult to choose a ring which was supposed to be the most special one a girl could hope to possess in her life.

After a good half hour of deliberation, she narrowed it down to three rings. The first was a gold ring with five diamonds arranged in the form of petals and a ruby making up the centre of the flower. The second was also a gold one. It was much thicker and had the Gayatri Mantra engraved on it. The third was a platinum ring whose two ends joined together in a coil, surrounding a single, large solitaire.

She really wasn't sure of which one to take. She knew the first one would please her Babuji as it was the most expensive and her Amma would like the second one because it had a spiritual touch to it. She herself was inclined towards the platinum one but brushed it aside as she had always given more importance to her parents' wishes throughout her life.

She was just about to hand over the first ring when she heard a deep voice from her right.

"Take the platinum one. It suits you."

She turned to see him looking at his phone, deftly typing a message. She scowled at his casual attitude when he lifted his eyes and looked at her.

She was completely caught off guard by the intensity of his eyes. She raised one eyebrow and continued to stare at him, determined not to lose to him but with every passing moment her inclination towards the third ring was steadily growing.

He narrowed his eyes slightly before getting off his chair and telling her that he would wait for her in the car.

Khushi walked out of the shop a few minutes later armed with a platinum wedding ring and unwavering determination to not show the man seated at the driver's seat which ring she had purchased.

Khushi tried several times to start a conversation with him but everytime he would answer in monosyllables. Her frustration was slowly mounting and she felt herself craving something sweet to help calm herself down.

She spotted an ice cream truck on the side of the road and asked him to pull up beside it.

She quickly jumped out and ran towards it and animatedly started chatting with the vendor, discussing which ice cream was the best to eat at this time of day so that she wouldn't be too full and spoil her lunch.

She heard the car door slam and turned to see him come and stand beside her.

"Which one will you have?"

"I don't eat ice cream."

"What?! Why?"

"I'm diabetic."

Khushi's mouth hung open for a few minutes as she digested this piece of information.

"So you don't eat anything sweet? How do you survive then?!"

She turned and paid the vendor before attacking her favorite mango ice cream. Only when she was half way through did she look up and she saw him staring at her, a smirk twitching at the corner of his lips.

"What?"

He shook his head and looked away but Khushi caught the flicker of amusement in his eyes. She didn't know why but she felt her heart get a little lighter and she finished off the rest of her ice cream before wiping her hands in her handkerchief.

His lightened mood encouraged her to start a fresh conversation and she said what had been bothering her since last night.

"So, why exactly are you here Mr. Raizada?"

He turned towards her and Khushi was stunned to see a frown on his forehead. His jaw was clenched and she could feel anger emanating dangerously from his being.

"The Mehras have many enemies."

Khushi frowned, confused by his choice of words.

"You are soon going to become Mrs. Mehra and many peoplecould try to stop that. I'm here to prevent that possibility."

"So you're saying that..."

"I'm going to be protecting you for the next one week Ms. Gupta.

So that was Chapter 2 for you guys. Do let me know how you'll liked it. Next chapter should be good but the big dhamaka is coming in chapter 4 πŸ˜‰ So stayed tuned guys!

Oh and don't forget to like and comment πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by tennismaniac19 - 11 years ago
indy12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
oh wow! arnav the bodyguard πŸ˜†
ilive2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
screw the other guy lol
oh wait is arnav gonig to kindap her pretending to be a bodyguard?
fatima2603 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very  different and very entertaining!!