Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Married to your teen love/crush? (Page 7)

LMFAO Groupbie
LMFAO
LMFAO

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
I feel as In Baruns case, he hadn't dated anyone except his wife so that makes him inexperienced? I might be wrong but my 3 of my friends hadnt dated till 9th grade and then got married to their long time boyfriends... 2 of them are divorced and 1 of them is still figuring out how to work the kinks out in the marriage. I feel as if you don't have experience, you should wait a while? I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that marriage is considered sacred over in Asia and is taken pretty lightly here in america? Sometimes these types of marriages do work out... My sister is dating her boyfriend for 5 years but she still gets in fights with him too often but refuses to give up. It all depends on the person. To me, I didn't want to believe that barun was married because it ruined the chemistry of Kushi and Arnav for me... But I've now seperated reel and real life. There is still a little part of me that still wants sanaya and barun to be together though -.- Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwini6000SereneLadyArShiLover11shagun-rocksPashna

SereneLady Senior Member
SereneLady
SereneLady

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Awww Embarrassed I loved reading all the cute real life love stories here.. God bless you all Embarrassed

I am married to my childhood friend as well.  We literally grew up together.  It was not love at first, we realized it a lot later.  We were just plain comfortable with each other.  I knew him very well and he knew me very well as well. We continued to be friends for a long long time.  I really used to like him a lot and I had a feeling that may be he feels the same too.

Later on after a few long  years, it was during a vacation.  We had some family function going on and he was around as well. I still remember the exact thing he asked me.  He called me and said there is something I wanted to ask you from long back.  I panicked.  In my heart I knew may be he is meaning to ask me if I love him or not.  But the way he asked me was even more cute for me .  He said " I cannot ever imagine seeing you with someone else.  I always thought that you are mine.  Do you think so as well?" 

That was the most beautiful moment in my life. I said a perfect YES LOLEmbarrassed and then started our days of courtship of around 2 years.  Our families had no issues.  They pictured this even before us I guess LOL

We have been married for 7 years now and are still the same, we are so comfortable with each other.  Even if we fight, we know that we wont allow it to go on more than a day maximum.

So that was my story Embarrassed

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjana....frhnjnPissa99Rita.CPiya.Dtvmaniacuty_kMarybartonwestindian

tvmania Goldie
tvmania
tvmania

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
That's such an amazing love story out there... God bless!!!Big smile
Well I never had any such kind of crush/date... in fact i had never been on date, but my frd's do have... i was always brought up in such a way that "pyaar karna boori baat hai" Disapprovebut now being in mid 20's i feel that i shd have had a BF or alteast someone shd have proposed me, bcoz sometimes certain things in life cud not be understood by ur parents or even ur siblings Confused..., I personally feel that having frd's since childhood and then falling in love with them is amazing Big smile, but all people out there cant be tht lucky... I still have frd's from my school but never felt tht way for anyone. Though it might sound very wierd that being in mid 20's a girl not been for a date/crush/BF but tht's my life Dead

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Madhatter-SereneLadyshagun-rocksPashnaMarybarton

Jasmine01 Newbie
Jasmine01
Jasmine01

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshi21

My brother is married to his school days crush! 

He started going around with her when both of them were in 10th!

I mean, both of them say that they never knew at that point in their lives that what those feelings were..they were too young...

but they just knew one thing..that they'll end up together...

they stayed away from each other for 5-6 years..(same as Barun)

And yet...they are happily married today!

So, yes! It is possible...'cause when the person is right, it doesn't take age or any place to strike the chord, it naturally happens!

and, the most amazing part? None of them ever proposed to each other...they just knew that they are the ones for each other(same as barun, even he said this in an interview)

Smile

Lucky man he is! :)

Where does it say that Barun and his wife stayed away from each other for 5-6 years? Sorry, just want clarification!
Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvmania

Well I never had any such kind of crush/date... in fact i had never been on date, but my frd's do have... i was always brought up in such a way that "pyaar karna boori baat hai" Disapprovebut now being in mid 20's i feel that i shd have had a BF or alteast someone shd have proposed me, bcoz sometimes certain things in life cud not be understood by ur parents or even ur siblings Confused..., I personally feel that having frd's since childhood and then falling in love with them is amazing Big smile, but all people out there cant be tht lucky... I still have frd's from my school but never felt tht way for anyone. Though it might sound very wierd that being in mid 20's a girl not been for a date/crush/BF but tht's my life Dead

You are not alone hun. I had the same conservative ideas but I don't regret not going to someone. It it because knowing myself, I would have if I met a guy who I felt was worth it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SereneLadyPashna

Pashna IF-Dazzler
Pashna
Pashna

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
My cousin got married to her childhood friend, before marriege they dated almost 10yrs and after marriege she says she thinks he is a completely different person..with strong opposition from both the families they some how convinced their parents but after marriege it became a Hugh issue as there was always a dislike b/w Inlaws and ts harder to ignore ur parents for ur spouse sometimes. They have a 2yr old kid but my cousin is quite frustrated with the situation and thinks she made a wrong decision of marrying him. At the same time there r people who have know each other for long time and r happily married. When u r in a dating phase it's a different kind of relationship, when u gett married it's different and when u have kids it changes again. It's how we'll u manage things and how compatible u r with each other I guess.
I was also surprised when he said 9th grade and they went on a ride and had lunchShocked but I guess I am a bit conservative so maybe it's common.
Pashna IF-Dazzler
Pashna
Pashna

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marybarton

You are not alone hun. I had the same conservative ideas but I don't regret not going to someone. It it because knowing myself, I would have if I met a guy who I felt was worth it.

I never dated anyone and my parents were liberal...but it's just me...my choice I guess. Now I am married(arranged) to a wonderfull person for over 8yrs:-) 
U date or not, thigs keep changing in life and we need to go with flow and be there for each other in good and bad times.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SereneLadyMarybartonOperaqueen

Operaqueen IF-Rockerz
Operaqueen
Operaqueen

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marybarton

Don't give up hope yet! I met my soulmate in my mid- 20's  and would not want it any different. We have been together for 10 yrs now ( yes I am old! ) and I am glad I did not settle down with someone I had met during my teenage years. being older, I was mature enough to know what I really wanted and realized that my teenage crushes seemed less attractive as years went by. Of course, mr .sobti and his wife were lucky that they found love early and still loved each even after growing older, but I doubt most people get that lucky. In my case, I am glad I did not commit to someone early in life, as it gave me a insight into the different species of men out there and helped me decide on the kind I seriously would want to avoid. Btw, Good to read all the cute little love stories here!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

frhnjnRita.CSereneLadytvmaniaPashnaMarybartondebby_11

Go to top