Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Married to your teen love/crush? (Page 6)

noorsand Goldie
noorsand
noorsand

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kookie2020

I met my husband when i was 13 and  he was 17 , he was about to start his college at that time.. he was my best friend's brother and i hated him on sight because he thought i was a boy..lol... i know right... but i really used to look like one because i  was too tall for my age,extremely skinny and had boy cut hair at that time ...so he thought that i was a boy who was messing around with his sister because his sister and i were inseparable and we were always together in school .i had just shifted from Delhi to Mumbai and then only i became friends with his sister because she and i were in the same class.
I had never met him before that because he was in a different school and by the time i became friends with Sonia he has already finished his JC.
That is how we met and we hated each other on sight and could not stand each other. He would always tease me about being a boy and fight with me unnecessarily  and i would just call him bad names as i was well versed with all the hindi,punjabi and english gaalis..lol. We just tolerated each other for an entire summer because of his sister and then he had to leave for US to start his college there and after that i never met him. He came once a year back home but i always avoided him.
Then i met him when i was 17 and all grown up literally.. I was all 5 foot 9 inches tall,still skinny but had waist length hair and was about to start my college .
He was 21 and had now finished Uni  and had come back to India for a month before joining his job back in New York so i really had no choice but to meet him after lot of tantrums thrown by his sister .
When i met him after such a long time there was something between us that cannot be deciphered that easily. We were still at loggerheads and he was again all rude and mean to me and i thought he  was too good looking  for anyone's taste ... .. he said to me that i should  thank god  that at least now i look like a girl but if I grow any taller they will have to get the ceilings redone.He was also too tall , that struck me as odd because there really are very few people who tower over me and he was 6 foot 3 . So finally we bonded over our heights..lol...and struck a very unlikely friendship later. We were as different as chalk and cheese, i  was a chatterbox and he was a man of few words but i just got pulled like a moth to flame and i think the same was for him. We had invisible strings binding us to each other.  The attraction between us hit him like a tornado.It was attraction for both of us at first and god knows how much i tried to fight it but it did not help , it did not help at all  because destiny surely had some other plans for us.
i mean i had a boyfriend whom i had just started going out with and he also had a girlfriend back there in US , some chick from his college at Barnard but god knows what happened , how it happened , we both broke off with our respective partners and started dating each other and maintained our relationship when he left for US again and i started college.During that period i finished my engineering here in Mumbai and he also did his MBA from US. Then i went to UK to do my Masters and decided to work there in London and he worked in LA for some time and then he moved back to New York. We had a long distance relationship with all the crap and the usual fights and "roothna-mannana" and used to meet each other 4 times a year sometimes in India or back there in America or London but after some time i got fed up with our meeting arrangements and living abroad so I finally decided to come back to India and so did he.
 After almost 6 years of long distance relationship we finally decided to settle back here in Mumbai and after working here and settling  back to our comfort zone in the same city for the last 2 years we finally got married last month. I am 25 and he is 29, we both have exhausting jobs and work almost 12 hours a day sometimes weekends too, we both travel separately round the globe and miss each other like crazy when we are not together, we are are still at our annoying best and we still fight like cats and dogs but home for me is where he is and nothing else matters in the end , all the pain, the hurt, the suffering looks nothing because at the end of the day we are together as man and wife in our own world and that is all that matters. The time which we spend together is precious .

PS: i am still best friends with his sister and as of yesterday we have become proud aunt and uncle to her precious son.lol

omg that is so adorable!! i am in a long-distance relationship with my bf of 5 years, we were friends during school in India(so I've known him since I was 10) but lost in touch for few years and met again here in Canada and started dating. I hope to get married to him by beginning of next year!!

Edited by noorsand - 08 April 2012 at 7:33pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazycuty_kKookiemonster

OmaRamdass IF-Rockerz
OmaRamdass
OmaRamdass

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Umm my BF and i met since we were 16 and have been dating over 10 years - we are engaged to each other.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cuty_kwestindian

westindian IF-Sizzlerz
westindian
westindian

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
My bf mother and father met when the dad was 12 and she was 9 and they lost touch for a few years and then met again and ended up getting married. She told him that when she first saw him when she was 9 yrs old she knew she loved him and would marry him.  Last year they celebrated 52 years of marriage.

It happens, some people just know from an early age that they have found the one that completes them.Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

monu786Rita.Ccuty_kMarybartonDiahh

IPKKNDcrazy Newbie
IPKKNDcrazy
IPKKNDcrazy

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
i am married to the man who has had a crush on me from our school days. I ignored him thinking it was all teenage infatuations, and made sure i avoided him whenever i visited his hometown ( we have common cousins). We hardly saw each other while in college but he persisted. That is when i realised that i should be taking him seriously. After we both found jobs and were settled he spoke to me again, and got our marriage arranged by getting both set of parents to agree. before and after marriage, we have had hurdles, both with the families and personal, we annoy each other to the worst possible extent, work together in crisis and still have the most loving relationship with 2 beautiful kids.  i thank God for helping me see the good in him and fall in love with my true love.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

monu786Rita.CSereneLadycuty_kMarybartonwestindian

ilive2laugh IF-Rockerz
ilive2laugh
ilive2laugh

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
@ipkkd_2011
thanks for asking this question...you made me read some really beautiful love stories...which gave me hope that there might somethere for me too lol

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monu786cuty_kdebby_11westindian

monu786 Groupbie
monu786
monu786

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
When I first read what this post was about, I kind of got angry, no offence but I can't believe u dedicated an entire post to basically saying you think Barun Sobti is lying about his love life-.-

BUT, after reading all the other cute stories of how people met their loved ones, it made me feel all mushy inside, so I guess I can in one way thank the person who started this post. I love Barun, most down to earth actor I know. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazy

M.A.C Groupbie
M.A.C
M.A.C

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
not a big deal in america me and my friend go on dates all the time when we were that age

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

westindian

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Some of these stories are so cute that is makes me all mushy. I think in some ways childhood relationships are better because they build an unbreakable trust that adult relations have a harder time with. When you grow up together and have known nothing else, you are less likely to stray - in most cases. Whereas people who meet later in life may have gone through breakups and makeups and that makes us more cynical of lost-lasting love. Dedication and loyalty are always foremost in my mind, I know when you grow up together, you know what the other person if capable of and if you last that long, you have a strong marriage like Hrithik and Suzanne or Shahrukh and Gauri and now Barun and Pashmeen. It is really heartwarming.

On a personal note though it is a little sad for me because I have not been lucky enough to have that childhood bond. Later in my teenage years I shunned the idea because boys that age seemed more eager to get a notch on their belt than a long-lasting relationship. Now as someone reaching her mid-20s, I find myself more and more cynical about a man's promise of loyalty and life-long love which is what I look for. Of course I am generalizing, surely there are exceptions but I have not come across such a man (wouldn't be single if I had right?). I have plenty of male friends around my age who give me this impression. I suppose in your 20s if have not committed to a sweetheart, you are not looking to commit much (at least where I live). So that leaves me with the doubt that someone older than me at this point as been through at least a few relationships that I have not (intentionally seeking true love) and that is thought gap not easily overcome. As a result, I am not in touch with men my age and older, we don't think the same way about love and commitment.

What I am really trying to say is, it only gets harder was you grow older, so I think that childhood bonds are for the lucky few. I could have tried it as a teenager but people around me were too fickle about it and I could not see the possibility of something real, if I had, I would probably have taken that chance too. These days I am more likely to run into someone who I can be attracted to but is already in a relationship. Even if there is a connection, I never pay attention for moral reasons. I don't believe in doing that to another girl.

Edited by Marybarton - 08 April 2012 at 9:39pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SereneLadynapstermonstertvmaniashagun-rockscuty_kdebby_11Operaqueenwestindian

Go to top