Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

KAREENA :VIDYA HASN'T CHANGED ANYTHING

Posted: 12 years ago
oh boy the fight seems to be bigger...kareena refuses to accept vidya's power and says tht she can't be called as a hero just becoz she gave two superhit movies on her own.

Kareena Kapoor: Nothing changed with Vidya Balan's Kahaani

Saturday, 07 April 2012 13:17 Moumita Bhattacharjee
Post Vidya Balan's initiative of pushing heroines from the position of glamorous sidekicks to central characters in Hindi films with The Dirty Picture and Kahaani, everyone wants to tread her path and be more than just glam dolls in movies. Kareena Kapoor too is one of them and has huge hopes with Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine. But the actress believes that even when a few female oriented films have done good business at the theatres, it hasn't changed the way actresses are perceived in the industry.

Image: Kareena Kapoor

Talking about the same, Kareena said in an interview that the lines are blurring but there is no way actresses can claim that they are at par with the heroes of B-town just because a few women centric films have worked lately. She will accept that the tide has changed only when filmmakers will put enough faith in the ladies of B-town to carry a Rs. 50 โ€“ 60 Crore film on their shoulders without leaning on any hero. She knows this is a distant possibility or may be no possibility at all.

We think Kareena is absolutely right here. Whatever actresses do, they will never be given the opportunity to shoulder a big budget film on their own. They can only look for National Awards by doing such movies and Bebo too is part of that league of aspirants as she apparently wants one for her role in Heroine. Well, we hope the movie succeeds in fulfilling Kareena's wishes of equal status and a National Award.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She said this a while back. And she is right to an extent. It's too early to declare that Vidya has magically changed the industry forever. It's still very much a male-centric world.
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Kal El

She said this a while back. And she is right to an extent. It's too early to declare that Vidya has magically changed the industry forever. It's still very much a male-centric world.

who believes tht Vidya actually has changed...its her good luck...but believe it or not...kareena shall be always snubbed tht she could n't pull it off in any of her movies while vidya did it with two...๐Ÿ˜†
I don't think she is wrong here.Who would make a big budget film with Vidya or even Kareena as the only lead?

The only change after Kahaani that I think is that the heroines might get more interesting characters and a chance to act rather than being just show pieces.
Well, if you weren't able to make the bigger impact yourself, then it doesn't mean you brood about it and  totally deny its presence!

@KAEL : where is ur new GIF ?

and oh my god where are kareena's hands going ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜†
This content was originally posted by: --ania--

Well, if you weren't able to make the bigger impact yourself, then it doesn't mean you brood about it and  totally deny its presence!

absolutely, i am sure if kareena had done what vidya has done now...she would have been flying like i did this and i did that๐Ÿฅฑ
This content was originally posted by: Nitu_TheTwisted

absolutely, i am sure if kareena had done what vidya has done now...she would have been flying like i did this and i did that๐Ÿฅฑ

Yup, that is the only reason her comments seem as pinches of jealousy however critical/factual they may be...had it been her in place of Vidya, she'd place herself at the highest pedestal...oh wait, she does that already anyways, no? ๐Ÿ˜†
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The day the actresses can sleep walk in a movie and still deliver a blockbuster, thats the day we can say they are at par with the leading actors. Until then, a Kahaani here or a Heroine there doesn't change much in the male centric bollywood. 

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: -Maddy-

The day the actresses can sleep walk in a movie and still deliver a blockbuster, thats the day we can say they are at par with the leading actors. Until then, a Kahaani here or a Heroine there doesn't change much in the male centric bollywood. 

very true...kahani aur TDP jaisi movies bahut aayi aur chali gayi...it will take a long time for women to get recognition in bollywood...kareena is absolutely right...