Sensational South
Sensational South

Tashu Kaushik:I want to direct a film

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged

I want to direct a film

Tollywood actress Tashu Kaushik speaks about her forthcoming flick, her Mollywood and Kollywood debut and her ouster from "Dammu"

Abhishek Raje

She's bubbly, energetic and vivacious. And she's got quite a busy 2012 ahead of her. Tollywood actress Tashu Kaushik, who is awaiting the release of her forthcoming Telugu flick, is gearing up to make her debut in the Tamil and Malayalam film industry. The actress who made her debut in RGV production's "Darwaza Bandh Rakho", took to acting out of pure love for it. "I'm very passionate about acting. I was paid peanuts for some Telugu flicks, but I took it up just to be in front of the camera."
    The actress is now awaiting the release of love triangle flick "Salamat", starring Tanish and Ramya. Quiz her on her experience working with actor Tanish who is much younger than her and she quips, "He's like a kid! But Tanish is a talented actor who gets into the skin of his character. In one shot, in which I'm supposed to slap him, he convinced me to slap him for real!"
    The Mumbai-based actress was in the city to film for a song in "Dammu". However, the filmmakers replaced her after shooting for it. "They picked me for a song and flew me down to film it. But if they now don't want it for whatever reasons, it's their choice and I have nothing against them. I respect their decision. But yes, not being a part of "Dammu" is a big setback," she confesses.
    Tashu however, has no time for regrets. She is busy with her debut in other South languages. Recalling how she landed her Malayalam film, "Annum Innum Ennum", she says, "When I did a stage performance in Uganda, I met a few people from Kerala who were settled there. They were keen on making a film and came down to India to sign me. I start filming in May."
    Talking about her first Tamil film, "Pazhaya Vannara Pettai", for which she will start filming in June, Tashu says, "The movie is important to me because I get to play the role of a traditional girl who is always dressed in half-saris and salwars' a stark contrast to my glam doll stereotype in Tollywood."
    The actress however, has her eyes set on filmmaking too. "I want to direct at least one film in the next 10 years... that's a goal I want to fulfill. In fact, I've started working on it already. I don't have the technical knowledge, so it might take me years to learn the ropes, but I do have a story in mind. If it's a Hindi film, I will dub it and release it in Telugu. Also, actresses have a shelf life, so I do have other things happening back home. In fact, I was running my own restaurant in Versova in Mumbai when my first Telugu film offer came to me. I might get into some other business in the future," she says.

Actress Tashu Kaushik wishes Hyderabad Times readers a very happy Easter

Edited by chalhov - 07 April 2012 at 10:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetyGreen

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Thanks dear for sharing the news..Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhov

• Page 1 of 1