Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From Shravan to Arnav (pic added) (Page 8)

soniyahkhan Senior Member
soniyahkhan
soniyahkhan

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

Originally posted by soniyahkhan

Originally posted by sunaina02

Originally posted by soniyahkhan

Hey guys..yesterday I watched a couple of episodes of BHPH (for the first time) where barun was shravan. N my reaction was what the hell? Didn't lyk him at all in it neither in looks nor acting wise. He was looking thinner n very boyish with the clean shaved face...he lukd wierd 2 me n his acting wasn't even good. His clothes were sooo cheap that all this makes me feel soo proud of and thankful 2 the IPKKND team!

Barun looks so damn hot as ASR! His body has improved and he looks healthy now. The stubble does wonders 2 his greek god personality! N whichever 4 suits that the designers give him to wear look so decent on him than wat he used to wear earlier! Most importantly for me Barun has definitely improved on the acting front cuz he's so perfect in all the emotions that he portrays. The story line and the character of ASR does justice to all the hard work that he puts in cuz previously shravan looked very average to me. 

Soo guys what r ur views on this transformation? Plz share here!!! (Kabhi to jawaab de diya karain!)

Barun Sobti was wonderful as Shravan and acted exactly as  Shravan was intended to be. If you read Baruns recent  interviews carefully , he says he is more like Shravan in character than ASR.

So by expressing your dislike for Shravan you are actually expressing your dislike for Barun Sobti - the person .

Despite his brilliant  portrayal of ASR, I still think Barun as Shravan had the opportunity to enact more varied emotions  in BHPH. The makers of IPKKNd have still kept ASR's characterization  - one-dimensional  or at the best two dimensitonal only .

And your language also hurts us the ORIGINAL Barun fans who love Barun Sobti  for his casual looks and acting talent.

Hi Sunaina! You seem quite offended, which was not the purpose of my post. I want to excuse for that. Barun might be like Shravan for all i care, cuz i dont get to spend my time with the original Barun..Its just on tv that i get to see him, and since i just saw BHPH yesterday, i thought of sharing my views on both the characters, I am new to the forum so have no idea if this topic was discussed before or not.

It looks like you have just read the titile post of this thread. In reply to other comments, i have also praised his comic timings and his acting to an extent but i insist that these are my personal views and as everybody else has different view points and choices, there are bound to be differences...and v mustn't be harsh to other view points.

You like Shravan so thats completely okay with me. I dont like him, like i love ASR. I think he looks better as ASR and acts better as well. this is my opinion.

Im sorry to say sunanina the last lines of your post is what im finding very rude. On this forum there can be no discrimination as far as IPKKND is concerned. everybody here are fans of the serial and its actors.

Sorry if you find my last line rude . I did not mean to hurt anyone .It is just that few of us were fans of BArun sobti before his IPKKND days  and admired his earlier roles in TV including  - so it hurts us when his earlier characters are harshly critisized.

Sorry if i hurt u with my post...i mentioned before also, had indian channels nt been banned when BHPH was aired and had i followed the show, i might have been taken a fancy to Barun since that time as well...haha! WinkWinkWink

Lets kiss nad make up! please? Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--sumana13--sunaina02

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BigIPKKNDFan

I agree with you dear. I saw a few episodes of BHPH while it was being aired on TV. I never liked Barun or the character Shravan, who I wanted to slap. Spoilt rich brat. While physically I din't think Barun has changed much - ok so he may have added a few pounds - but the character of Arnav Singh Raizada, with his clothes, his attitude, and most importantly for me, the pairing with the beautiful, talented, and vibrant Sanay, is what, ib my opinion, makes him si hot. Even a pairing with Prachi Desai ( who is also a sweetie) would not have made ASR as attractive as he seems now!!!!

Though I love Barun - sanaya jodi , I do not agree with  your comment that sanaya is the reason for his hotness.
In fact I think Barun Sobti's performance in scenes where he is alone ( the car scenes)  and in scenes with Daljeet  ( mandir scene - papad ka tukra , the watering plant scene at the very begining ) and Akshay or Abhass ( the confrontations post terrance scene)   are equally enjoyable if not more .

When the serial had just began  - I had posted just wait and watch Barun Sobti to all members who said Barun cannot act.

Today after 10 months - again I say wait and watch after IPKKND is off - where BArun Sobti goes from here .

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

soniyahkhanfascinationIndefiniteLOVEshobrakapooor--sumana13--

--sumana13-- IF-Rockerz
--sumana13--
--sumana13--

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
My dear Soniya ... whatever you said is true but in real life Barun is somewhat laid back like Shravan and not like ASR at all... ASR is all good acting on Barun's part ... how real he has made him for us Arhi fans... hats off to Barun Sobti ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soniyahkhan

-Ishana- IF-Dazzler
-Ishana-
-Ishana-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
I think he was cute as Shravan!
I liked him as both Shravan and ASR
Although it would be a real treat to see ASR with Shravans personality

soniyahkhan

soniyahkhan
soniyahkhan

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --sumana13--

My dear Soniya ... whatever you said is true but in real life Barun is somewhat laid back like Shravan and not like ASR at all... ASR is all good acting on Barun's part ... how real he has made him for us Arhi fans... hats off to Barun Sobti ...

Hi Sumana!! yeah ive been told already that barun's lyk shravan in real...but i prefer ASR!!!!
AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Well he has won more awards and recognition for his acting and pairing with Sanaya in IPKKND than he ever did before. I know he never won anything for BHPH and that show had very low ratings, it barely lasted 6 months. So yes, IPKKND is the best thing to happen to him. I am glad for that because if not for this show, I would never know who he is and I would have missed out on watching a GREAT actor. Not to mention his chemistry with Sanaya. I have never liked a jodi so much since Sujal-Kashish...I used to be obsessed with those but ArHi are bringing the same magical chemistry back on screen.

soniyahkhan

shobrakapooor IF-Rockerz
shobrakapooor
shobrakapooor

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
i cant agree wit u. shravan is a funny irresponsible person nd i think barun did a gud job enacting his role. i cant fully agree wit u dat he luks stupid cz in most of d scene he is lukin stylish [khuda jaane epi!!]

nd barun is a talented actor nd its only bcz of his previous show i became in love wit him nd followed him ended up watching this show.

ASR is responsible khadoos but gud inside. nd he owns garment shop so defo he'll be stylish!!!

i agree dat barun luks more gud nw but dont say dat  his acting is nt nice in BHPH!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pranneemsoniyahkhan

soniyahkhan
soniyahkhan

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shobrakapooor

i cant agree wit u. shravan is a funny irresponsible person nd i think barun did a gud job enacting his role. i cant fully agree wit u dat he luks stupid cz in most of d scene he is lukin stylish [khuda jaane epi!!]

nd barun is a talented actor nd its only bcz of his previous show i became in love wit him nd followed him ended up watching this show.

ASR is responsible khadoos but gud inside. nd he owns garment shop so defo he'll be stylish!!!

i agree dat barun luks more gud nw but dont say dat  his acting is nt nice in BHPH!!

@blue: no i agree with u, his acting was also good in BHPH, i have agreed in some post previously also. bt i think he has improved a lot in terms of acting as ASR. my opinion. :)

Go to top