Saas Bina Sasuraal
Saas Bina Sasuraal

A DECLARATION OF SENTIMENTS

pakhara IF-Rockerz
pakhara
pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

I think there has been a misunderstanding between the Saas Bina Sasural Forum members recently. It's as if there is a schism; as if one side supports Nanima and expresses outrage at Chedi and Sudha's treatment of her while the other half derides Nanima. But let me just state that these are two very extreme positions on the issue.

I have commented on such topics before, and because of the question asked, said that Nanima was harsh in her punishment of Toasty. And then I was questioned because the other party assumed I completely hated Nanima, and completely wished her gone. That is not the case! Yes, she was wrong in her punishment of Toasty. She acted in the heat of the moment, and if Chedi is to be accused of snapping at her, then she can't go blame-free for what she did to Toasty.

But on the other hand, she did repent. She really and truly wants to have her daughter in law back. And also, to some extent, she does have a right to yell at her daughter in law. No, she shouldn't have said that "Toasty isn't worthy of being called a Bahu," or banned her from the kitchen, but she is not a villain because of saying so. And to further clear the point, NO ONE IS CALLING HER A VILLAIN!!

No one is perfect and infallible, neither Naanima nor Chedi. And I think it would be for the best if we stop trying to idealize one and demonize the other. They both have their virtues and their vices.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I have said. If I have, then I sincerely apologize. I just had to make my point known.

Thank you

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dhindsa_rajinikkigreenpujli07abc113.PerfectLove.Natasha_shaikh

pujli07 Senior Member
pujli07
pujli07

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Agree with you.. didnt like that behaviour of nani ma with toasty and thought it was wrong but she is now repenting it sincerely.. she is not evil because she doesnt think wrong of anybody but her old way of living was hard on everyone especially cuz she tried to force it on everyone. 

she realized her mistake for toasty, then for nitika and she lets her go to work and now she also realized about medicine and home remedy. it is taking her time but she is loosening up so i am not mad at her as i was before. 

i take this as everyone makes mistakes but if they genuinely admit their mistake then one shouldnt make a big deal about it. 

I wouldnt even blame Sudha at this point because until toasty clears it out she will think that toasty left because of nani ma and she got into an accident. i mean her daughter is fighting for her life, so any mother is going to react this way. and she is also not bad, once she gets to know the truth (hoping that its not nani's fault that she was out there), sudha will also genuinely apologize to nani ma for her behaviour. 

that is the best part of this show.. no one is a vamp, its just the situation that they are in.

Edited by pujli07 - 08 April 2012 at 12:48pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkigreenabc113.PerfectLove.pakhara

pakhara IF-Rockerz
pakhara
pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
^^I am so glad you agree! And yes! It's not the characters' fault, it's the situation that they're in. And that's how it's like in the real world. There is no black and white right and wrong. We have to consider what the individual is going through before we can ever judge them.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkigreenabc113.PerfectLove.

abc113 Senior Member
abc113
abc113

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Pujli: you stole my words right there Thumbs Up

No one is heroine/vamp/hero/villian in this show. No one is perfect on the show. Everyone has their weakness that they have dealt with in the past or are still dealing with on regular basis. We all know that there have been several instances when we (at least I) hated Pitaji for his inconsiderate behavior towards Toasty, Pashu and others. Similarly, we have hated Pashu in the beginning when he was dwelling in self-pity and making life terrible for others with his insecurities. Then we hated Ved during Nitika-Kia fiasco. Some have disliked Tej when he failed to understand Toasty and voted against her. And many (excluding me) have disliked Toasty on several or all occasions. So on and so forth...and the point is that different characters with their innate deficiencies and strengths have acted and reacted differently in different situations thus evoking an emotional response from us audience sometimes liking them while at other times bashing them.

In case of nani ma, at least for me, she started out as a strict but good at heart nani ma but gradually changed to a stuck-up, conservative, know-it-all, pain-in-neck-for-one-and-all really bad nani saas. Disappearance of Toasty and her ending up in life and death situation has made nani ma realize one thing after another and now she really seems to be understanding the truth and accepting the reality which is a real progress and growth of her character. I would love to see her way of dealing with things once Toasty is back to normal. Who knows she may turn out to be as loved a character as dadaji on SBS!!

Edited by abc113 - 08 April 2012 at 1:38pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkigreen.PerfectLove.pakhara

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index