Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

Comments in TB articles -UNFAIR- mods plzz read!!! (Page 2)

MissIamTheBoss IF-Rockerz
MissIamTheBoss
MissIamTheBoss

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
i agree, this was the same prob with me when i was commenting on GC's article last week!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DMKJ_VBVarnita...RamKiJanaki..

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
I wanted to say this since a while, I have my POV about it

This problem is faced by many actors, who do not have a HUGE fan Base, I believe that the whole system in IF is biased with articles coming only for certain group of actors and the ranking system is kept calculative most of the time

Hope this is really taken into some thought as many wish to comment on articles who have a LESSER fan base but are shown the door out stating you can post only twice on an article . They should put a count on the number of comments put on each article then comments on various articles related to actors will get equal opportunity and count limit is controlled .

Edited by shanti05 - 07 April 2012 at 4:20pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanVarnita.Kai.pyar-ishk..RamKiJanaki..

ApoorvaFan Goldie
ApoorvaFan
ApoorvaFan

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
I agree with Shanti. All the actors should get equal opportunity . So defining another algorithm based on the count of comments makes sense..

Also, I uploaded pics of actors but they are not yet  approved and if they are not going to be, then I should get a message...

Also, if you can publish the algorithm used to arrive at the ranking, it will be beneficial for every one and transparency can be maintained.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Varnita.shanti05pyar-ishk..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
You all have made really good points!

I want to know who is in charge of uploading pictures to the profiles, because if there is a problem with a picture, I want to know who to contact so that I can clear up any misunderstanding. IF admins haven't given us a clue who is in charge of that. I have uploaded at least 10 pictures to the profiles of Gurmeet and Debina last week, but only one has made it there so far. Why? All my pictures were decent, adhered to IF rules, and were HQ. I see no reason why they would not be uploaded except maybe a bias towards the celebrity.

This is especially evident for Debina Bonnerjee. I cannot comment in her articles more than once or twice, whereas with Gurmeet and other celebs in the top 10 positions, I can comment thrice sometimes.

So it must be true that IF doesn't care about the celebs who don't have a widespread fan base. If that's true, why do they even have profiles? It's a waste of time for fans to even try improving their rankings because it's no use. It'll never work.

An even better example is Meghan Jadhav, who's been getting steady comments for a while now as well as many views to his pics, but his ranking is far lower than those celebs who have hardly any views or comments since more than a month. So this has really made me doubt the competency of whoever is calculating ranking each other.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanVarnita.

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I want to know who is in charge of uploading pictures to the profiles, because if there is a problem with a picture, I want to know who to contact so that I can clear up any misunderstanding. IF admins haven't given us a clue who is in charge of that. I have uploaded at least 10 pictures to the profiles of Gurmeet and Debina last week, but only one has made it there so far. Why? All my pictures were decent, adhered to IF rules, and were HQ. I see no reason why they would not be uploaded except maybe a bias towards the celebrity.

This is especially evident for Debina Bonnerjee. I cannot comment in her articles more than once or twice, whereas with Gurmeet and other celebs in the top 10 positions, I can comment thrice sometimes.

So it must be true that IF doesn't care about the celebs who don't have a widespread fan base. If that's true, why do they even have profiles? It's a waste of time for fans to even try improving their rankings because it's no use. It'll never work.

An even better example is Meghan Jadhav, who's been getting steady comments for a while now as well as many views to his pics, but his ranking is far lower than those celebs who have hardly any views or comments since more than a month. So this has really made me doubt the competency of whoever is calculating ranking each other.
@bold I totally see there is some calculative work done in restricting comments on MANY Less FAN BASED celebrities and not only there are many things which IF does ONLY for the first 10 to 20 celebrities or n numbers who have  a HUGE Fan Base,

The rules should be the same for every celebrity and streamlined whether is commenting on the articles, pictures videos related to them. If there are articles about the celebrity they should allow a max number of comments  say 200 per article not going to 400 to 800 on each article which seems ridiculous. So if a member doesn't get to comment on one article for the celebrity they can comment on other articles related to the celebrity,

There should be some concrete rules/ restriction on all the comment count otherwise this is total spamming on celebrity articles and its UNFAIR!

Edited by shanti05 - 07 April 2012 at 6:29pm

ApoorvaFanVarnita.

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shanti05

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@bold I totally see there is some calculative work done in restricting comments on MANY Less FAN BASED celebrities and not only there are many things which IF does ONLY for the first 10 to 20 celebrities or n numbers who have  a HUGE Fan Base,

The rules should be the same for every celebrity and streamlined whether is commenting on the articles, pictures videos related to them. If there are articles about the celebrity they should allow a max number of comments  say 200 per article not going to 400 to 800 on each article which seems ridiculous. So if a member doesn't get to comment on one article for the celebrity they can comment on other articles related to the celebrity,

There should be some concrete rules/ restriction on all the comment count otherwise this is total spamming on celebrity articles and its UNFAIR!

Yes, people creat multiple IDs to comment on these articles and they surpass 1,000 comments for the Top 5 celebs, thereby "ensuring" that they remain there, whereas many of the celebs who have lesser fan bases on IF (in real life they're probably popular) don't even get interviews, and articles appear like...once a year if they are lucky.

I'm seriously very very VERY dissatisfied with the way IF ranking system is organized. It's totally biased and the celebs who are below 30 are not cared about at all. Fans of lesser known celebs work just as hard as fans of more known celebs to increase their celeb's ranking, but their hard work is a waste of time because it makes no difference.

This site revolves around the celebs who are in Top 10, and many who are up there got their positions unfairly through a ridiculous amount of MIDs.Sleepy

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanVarnita.shanti05

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
I am not sure who all are involved in this racket but there needs to this STOP to it.

And people take it like do or die situation if the so called  10 to 20 celebrities are not in the top slots..

I also want some concise allotment to be given to the celebrities whom I wish to comment on the articles and these allotment should be standardized if the celebrity is No1 or No nth there should be equal

Many celebrates are doing a lot of shows which are having many dimensions and characterization critically understood, their articles also come and they should have more comments allotment..

Its a serious issue and earlier its taken up my the management of IF its better since more than the MODS the management has to be responsible in taking this issue and making it uniform across all the celebrity profiles.

This needs to be put as a Global Sticky

ApoorvaFanVarnita.

BatameezDil IF-Sizzlerz
BatameezDil
BatameezDil

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
 im not able to comment on GC articles second time Ouch
its ridiculous
i think its happening with other people too..chakar kya hai yeh ???

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Varnita.

Go to top