Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Divya Bharti's life to be translated on celluloid? (Page 2)

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged
^ I think Parineeti has the spunk to play a teenager. Divya seems like the bumbly, yet realistic type of person which Parineeti can play to a tee. Anushka would overact IMO and other actress who "look" the part, might not be able to act. I'd rather watch someone who can get the demeaner of the role than someone who looks exactly like Divya but can't get the acting right.

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged
No biopic on Divya Bharti, says director

PTI

Mumbai, April 09, 2012

In April 1993, Bollywood actress Divya Bharti committed
suicide by jumping off a 5-storey builiding. She was married
to filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala.

First time director-producer Vikram Sandhu says his debut movie Dream is not inspired by the life of late Bollywood actor Divya Bharti, who died at the young age of 19. There was a buzz that Sandhu is making a biopic on the life and circumstances revolving around the tragic death of the 90s star.

"I am not directly saying that I am making a film on Divya Bharti. It is about a young actor who came in the film industry...she was here for some time, created stir, achieved fame, won everyone's heart," Sandhu told PTI.

"There are lots of things that happen in the life of a heroine. My film is based on a young girl who becomes star overnight and her journey in filmdom. It is not based on anyone. I have created a fictitious character," he said.

Ask him if the heroine of her film, dies in the end, Sandhu says, "I will show that in film, I don't want to disclose anything now."

Though Sandhu refrained from saying that his film is based on the life of Divya, but it seems it is aptly about her.

Divya started her career in the film industry, with a Telugu film -- 'Bobbili Raja' (1990). After several hit films down South, Divya entered Bollywood with 'Vishwatma' (1992). This film did well at the box office and also her performance in the song 'Saat Samundar Paar' won accolades.

She appeared in a dozen films between 1992 and 1993, giving several hits like 'Shola Aur Shabnam', 'Jaan Se Pyaara', 'Deewana', 'Balwaan' and others.  Her career was cut short by her death in April 1993, when she fell from her apartment building, under mysterious circumstances. The investigation into the circumstances of her death was closed in 1998.

The film would be made under the banner of Angel Film Creatives.

hindustantimes

Edited by Kal El - 09 April 2012 at 1:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aitor-metrowzerPiyatrix

Go to top