Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka
Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

This week in Parichayland. (Page 3)

annie_mckinnen Senior Member
annie_mckinnen
annie_mckinnen

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shamrish

Annie, apologize for the late response.. Took me multiple sittings to finally complete reading the thread... Mind you being busy past few weeks, only epi i got to watch is ME one..

I have been surviving on Chitra's daily takes and WU to keep uptodate...
With your weekly takes like these, especially the highs and lows, i think i can continue to survive further ClapClap.. Cannot expect anything more.. pretty much get all epi details + excellent analysis as a bonus...ClapClap.  I am not commenting to epi specifics since i have not watched them yet...

Would love to see more from you... You write so well.. Clap

My sincere request causing some additional work for you , if possible, if you do not mind including the dates especially for the highs... Then folks like me can just watch those scenes Wink and skip the crap...

Thanks Amrish for reading. I will try to update the post after work with the dates of the episodes.

cooldipika Goldie
cooldipika
cooldipika

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
lovely post ..great analysis annie
-Bhavi IF-Stunnerz
-Bhavi
-Bhavi

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by annie_mckinnen

Whew! What a week it's been in Parichay land. Thumbs UpThe story on hindsight progressed swiftly and we got to see Kunal and Siddhi's relationship reach a new comfort level.Thumbs Up To show this evolution, we have had every possible scene ' from the ridiculous to the banal and every possible emotion ' from desperation to relief and love to hate explored.Clap There have been highs and lows production wise, so I'm going to try and summarize what I thought of the scenes and what could have been better. I am going to leave out bloopers since we have members with more wit and humor than me to cover those.LOL I'm also leaving out all the Thakrals' scenes since they were uniformly hilarious what with the family turning against each other, Richa getting slapped not once but twice and going crazier every second as events unfolded contrary to her plans.ROFL Please leave comments if you have the patience to reach the end.

The Good:

1.      The best scene over the past week: Mr. Kunal Chopra sitting at his unconscious wife's bedside, gently saying, "Aye, jaago na." and everything that followed, every single line of dialogue and every emotion on Sameer Soni's face was perfect.Clap It was heartbreaking to see this fearless character so calmly helpless.Cry Great job writers for simple, yet beautiful dialogues and Sammy who gave a restrained performance with precise voice modulation, not a word OTT. ClapUntil the end of course. I personally hated the end where he started screeching "Hey Bhagwan" and shaking Siddhi Angrybut I say thanks for the first part and bear it. Even the part where he is standing the corridor oblivious to the world around was heartbreaking. Cry

This three words gave me chills - it had more impact than any other thing he did before to convey he loved her. 

The end of course was not like Kunal - But in that situation any person would do some in sensible things so - will give CVS benefit of doubt- Other than that as you said - Clap for the whole sequence.

2.      Mr. and Mrs. Chopra meeting each other when she regains consciousness. HeartRight from the time the doctor gives him the news ' the relief on his face was graceful and not dramaticClap- until crazy momma walked in, the most beautiful eye lock I have seen in a while.Blushing Forget about communicating through their eyes, I think they were just so happy to be quietly in each others' presence after everything that had happened.Blushing Both their expressions matched each other. The deep breath from Siddhi when Kunal holds her hand, followed by a gentle smile. Him caressing her hair. Simple, yet emotional. Nice job actors.Clap

As my post before said - Silence is Gold - Indeed this scene was one of the highlight of the show -  I mean no words can justify the act - The actors have done a fab job hereClap

3.      The no-confession confession on the bus when they admit through their nok jhok that everything that they do is for each other. Sweet, simple, funny dialogues and extremely good dialogue delivery. Keerti who is normally somewhat off with her dialogues did a great job with timing in this scene.Clap I loved her line "Aur aap to ekdam Kunal se daanveer Karan hi ban gaye. Yeh lo ji le lo, CD le lo aur meri biwi ko chod do."LOL The suppressed smiles at the end were alright but the most natural thing was her falling asleep on his shoulder and him hugging her. Hug

Ditto - Keerti is really getting better each day - Clap - this one for her.

4.       Aapne mujeh miss kiya? BlushingIf there was something wrong about this scene it was the fact that it was shot using BDs. AngryOtherwise it was short and sweet. The knowledge that he loved her had given Siddhi the courage to prod him. I loved her directness and the eagerness and hope on her face.Heart The smile which Kunal gave in response indicated that he understood what she was doing and was willing to relent but ' the kidnappers got there just then.Angry

This is my personal favorite - for the first time Siddhi was shown to have courage to ask something of this kind - Her expressions were so apt - The bechani, that tadap in her eyes to know the answer made me restless too - I hated Kunal's response but again- he too is confused as to how to tell Siddhi so ...

5.      The nok jhok at the dhaba.  What can I say? Loved the fact that Kunal heard what Siddhi said about love in an arranged marriage. Thumbs UpAnd loved her hesitation afterwards, wondering whether he heard it or not, wishing that he had and poking him to say something about it.Blushing

Embarrassed

6.      Teri Deewani. HugI am going to put this one on the good list simply because I love this song and I loved Siddhi's expressions.Thumbs Up She has just been through a harrowing experience the only good thing in which has been her discovery that her husband loves her. So she is just enjoying the experience of basking in his love and care. She has completely surrendered to the moment. Kunal was a trifle OTT; the concern was good but I felt the fear on his face was too much.Ouch

I am glad that you brought this up - This was the most confusing part of the whole week - I did write it before - I did not get as to what the CVS wanted to show here - Who was having the fb's - was it Kunal/Siddhi or was it just for us the viewers so that the new viewers know what has happened. It was unwanted song. The song was just misleading too. I stopped watching the show at this point -

7.      The SiNal conversation on Friday. It was good to have Mr. Akadu back after the emotional turmoil that he has been through.Big smile It was good to see the banter between them. Big smileGreat to see Siddhi gently taunting him to get him to accept that he loves her. And of course Kunal isn't going to give in which is fine but as Fari said on another post, why was he going all the way back with dialogues like "tum sab ho na mere saath"? Why not just "tum ho na mere saath"? Why pretend like things haven't changed at all when they in fact have? What I loved about this scene though was the serenity between them, the comfort, the calm which was missing for the past week what with all the excitement.Blushing

I was expecting that the CVS would show some caressing from now on on daily basis- Atleast until Siddhi is in Hospital - but again looks like i am asking too much - the only surprise that SIddhi hold Kunal's hand - for the first time she was so comfortable doing that so i can spare cv for that.

8.      The Chopra family comes to the hospital. Loved Raj in this scene. Loved the way the whole family stood by Kunal. Loved the Seema Kunal conversation.Thumbs Up

Clap - It is always a pleasure to see the father - son relation here - Seema as always was  a rock star.

9.      The Chopra family waiting for news at home.  Very realistic scene with discussions about what could be happening with Kunal Siddhi. What if scenarios discussed, small arguments between family members, people supporting each other.  I seriously love the way this family is depicted without any kitchen politics.Thumbs Up

That is the big reason i am still hooked to this show is that there is no family politics shown here.

The Okay:

1.       Kunal carrying Siddhi. Seriously? AngryThey want to do this clichd scene again?  This is not what SiNal is all about. What SiNal is about is the banter that preceded and that is the only reason this scene is in the okay category ' because at least the writers tried to SiNalize (hey that's a new word!) the whole situation.LOL I hated the falling, holding eye lock.Angry Really if I wanted to see that I would watch another show on another channel which shows this scene almost every day. What would have been awesome is if she had actually fallen and then Kunal lifted her up and said "Chodo mein utha hi leta hoon, phir gir gayi to problem ho jaayegi." That would have been better. That being said, I did like how Siddhi was enjoying the ride and then the way Kunal dumped her when he realized what she was doing.LOL

2.      Do pal ruka.Cry This scene had no purpose other than to fill the 3.5 minute gap at the end of show so that they could end the episode in an uncertain manner thus ensuring that people would tune in despite the IPL ceremony the next day. Still I liked the fact that I got a quick recollection of all the SiNal scenes.Thumbs Up

3.      Awake in the jungle. I liked how Siddhi and Kunal awoke and instinctively checked for the other person's welfare.Blushing Kunal especially making sure that Siddhi didn't get hit and checking her all over.  After Siddhi passed out, Kunal shouting for help was okay and then constantly saying "sona nahin, hum ghar jaayenge" and walking determinedly was good.Thumbs Up But I hated him tearing his shirt and tying her up. How clichd.Thumbs Down If he really wanted to stop the blood, he should have torn her saree and got a bigger piece of cloth. And I hated Kunal crying and saying the dialogue "Main mar jaunga." Please, the writers could have done better and the performance could have been less melodramatic.Thumbs Down

The Ugly:

1.       Perhaps the ugliest scene of them all. Thumbs DownKunal Chopra at the highway with his dying wife in his arms shouting out to God that he can't live without her and asking God to take his life and spare her. OuchForget how clichd it is. Even forget that I don't understand, as Chithra said elsewhere, why God would be interested in bartering a life. This was not Kunal Chopra.Thumbs Down It was Balaji Telefilms' version of Kunal Chopra playing to the galleries. Kunal Chopra would never be so desperate, he would never beg, he might hold God's collar (sorry don't intend to offend anyone here, it's a metaphor) and make him spare is wife's life. But he would not shout and scream and screech like a village bumpkin.Angry I hated the scene. Tried watching it multiple times to see if it grew on me, but it didn't. The only dialogues that I liked were Kunal softly saying, "Main ise bata bhi nahin paya." The gentle desperation in his voice was beautiful. And the other was "Main ise jaane nahin doonga." A painful reference to Anand's untimely death. Thumbs Up

2.       At the PCO. What were the CVs thinking? Kunal Chopra fighting goons off like Bachchan and randomly firing a gun?Thumbs Down This is not a 70s Hindi movie after all. Angry

3.       Falling off a cliff. Too filmy for my taste. Thumbs DownGoons trying to separate the two, Kunal falling on Siddhi at the last minute and then both of them falling off a cliff. Too much drama. Angry

4.       The cops telling Raj that his children might be dead. I expected better from Raj. Beating his head and crying?Thumbs Down It's too old-fashioned for this strong character. Thumbs DownSimple crying would have sufficed.

Having laid out the ugly I do understand that the production house is trying very hard to maintain a balance between TRPs and a quality product. This is a daily soap after all. The writers have a hard job writing beautiful scenes every day. And for the most part they are doing a good job. So thank you for that.Clap The CVs are also trying to maintain a good pace for the show. Over the last week especially I appreciate that despite building a suspense they didn't succumb to the usual tracks of amnesia/coma/begging God again and so on. ClapThey kept events moving at a brisk pace and against all expectations Siddhi woke up on Thursday. So thank you for that as well. ClapThe technical part has been lacking ' editing, dubbing, camera work has been shoddy off late and needs improvement.Thumbs Down But in all, it was an interesting week with many memorable moments.ClapThumbs Up I'm looking forward to a quick wrap up of the case next week and no pregnancy from their first time, but only later please.Angry

More comments next time if time permits - 
I would like to give CVS a big thankyou for not bringing the GOD in between this hospital shoot out drama - I mean in this age of science where miracles happen still I was happy to see that the professional did their job and it was not shown that CHopra family was challenging GOD and what not  and also for slap from brother to sister - 
 due to these reasons i can spare CVS for all the okay and worst part - 
Overall A++ for the last week  from my side.Big smile

Edited by BHAVI1972 - 09 April 2012 at 7:47am
-Bhavi IF-Stunnerz
-Bhavi
-Bhavi

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BHAVI1972

Originally posted by annie_mckinnen

Whew! What a week it's been in Parichay land. Thumbs UpThe story on hindsight progressed swiftly and we got to see Kunal and Siddhi's relationship reach a new comfort level.Thumbs Up To show this evolution, we have had every possible scene ' from the ridiculous to the banal and every possible emotion ' from desperation to relief and love to hate explored.Clap There have been highs and lows production wise, so I'm going to try and summarize what I thought of the scenes and what could have been better. I am going to leave out bloopers since we have members with more wit and humor than me to cover those.LOL I'm also leaving out all the Thakrals' scenes since they were uniformly hilarious what with the family turning against each other, Richa getting slapped not once but twice and going crazier every second as events unfolded contrary to her plans.ROFL Please leave comments if you have the patience to reach the end.

The Good:

1.      The best scene over the past week: Mr. Kunal Chopra sitting at his unconscious wife's bedside, gently saying, "Aye, jaago na." and everything that followed, every single line of dialogue and every emotion on Sameer Soni's face was perfect.Clap It was heartbreaking to see this fearless character so calmly helpless.Cry Great job writers for simple, yet beautiful dialogues and Sammy who gave a restrained performance with precise voice modulation, not a word OTT. ClapUntil the end of course. I personally hated the end where he started screeching "Hey Bhagwan" and shaking Siddhi Angrybut I say thanks for the first part and bear it. Even the part where he is standing the corridor oblivious to the world around was heartbreaking. Cry

This three words gave me chills - it had more impact than any other thing he did before to convey he loved her. 

The end of course was not like Kunal - But in that situation any person would do some in sensible things so - will give CVS benefit of doubt- Other than that as you said - Clap for the whole sequence.

2.      Mr. and Mrs. Chopra meeting each other when she regains consciousness. HeartRight from the time the doctor gives him the news ' the relief on his face was graceful and not dramaticClap- until crazy momma walked in, the most beautiful eye lock I have seen in a while.Blushing Forget about communicating through their eyes, I think they were just so happy to be quietly in each others' presence after everything that had happened.Blushing Both their expressions matched each other. The deep breath from Siddhi when Kunal holds her hand, followed by a gentle smile. Him caressing her hair. Simple, yet emotional. Nice job actors.Clap

As my post before said - Silence is Gold - Indeed this scene was one of the highlight of the show -  I mean no words can justify the act - The actors have done a fab job hereClap

3.      The no-confession confession on the bus when they admit through their nok jhok that everything that they do is for each other. Sweet, simple, funny dialogues and extremely good dialogue delivery. Keerti who is normally somewhat off with her dialogues did a great job with timing in this scene.Clap I loved her line "Aur aap to ekdam Kunal se daanveer Karan hi ban gaye. Yeh lo ji le lo, CD le lo aur meri biwi ko chod do."LOL The suppressed smiles at the end were alright but the most natural thing was her falling asleep on his shoulder and him hugging her. Hug

Ditto - Keerti is really getting better each day - Clap - this one for her.

4.       Aapne mujeh miss kiya? BlushingIf there was something wrong about this scene it was the fact that it was shot using BDs. AngryOtherwise it was short and sweet. The knowledge that he loved her had given Siddhi the courage to prod him. I loved her directness and the eagerness and hope on her face.Heart The smile which Kunal gave in response indicated that he understood what she was doing and was willing to relent but ' the kidnappers got there just then.Angry

This is my personal favorite - for the first time Siddhi was shown to have courage to ask something of this kind - Her expressions were so apt - The bechani, that tadap in her eyes to know the answer made me restless too - I hated Kunal's response but again- he too is confused as to how to tell Siddhi so ...

5.      The nok jhok at the dhaba.  What can I say? Loved the fact that Kunal heard what Siddhi said about love in an arranged marriage. Thumbs UpAnd loved her hesitation afterwards, wondering whether he heard it or not, wishing that he had and poking him to say something about it.Blushing

Embarrassed

6.      Teri Deewani. HugI am going to put this one on the good list simply because I love this song and I loved Siddhi's expressions.Thumbs Up She has just been through a harrowing experience the only good thing in which has been her discovery that her husband loves her. So she is just enjoying the experience of basking in his love and care. She has completely surrendered to the moment. Kunal was a trifle OTT; the concern was good but I felt the fear on his face was too much.Ouch

I am glad that you brought this up - This was the most confusing part of the whole week - I did write it before - I did not get as to what the CVS wanted to show here - Who was having the fb's - was it Kunal/Siddhi or was it just for us the viewers so that the new viewers know what has happened. It was unwanted song. The song was just misleading too. I stopped watching the show at this point -

7.      The SiNal conversation on Friday. It was good to have Mr. Akadu back after the emotional turmoil that he has been through.Big smile It was good to see the banter between them. Big smileGreat to see Siddhi gently taunting him to get him to accept that he loves her. And of course Kunal isn't going to give in which is fine but as Fari said on another post, why was he going all the way back with dialogues like "tum sab ho na mere saath"? Why not just "tum ho na mere saath"? Why pretend like things haven't changed at all when they in fact have? What I loved about this scene though was the serenity between them, the comfort, the calm which was missing for the past week what with all the excitement.Blushing

I was expecting that the CVS would show some caressing from now on on daily basis- Atleast until Siddhi is in Hospital - but again looks like i am asking too much - the only surprise that SIddhi hold Kunal's hand - for the first time she was so comfortable doing that so i can spare cv for that.

8.      The Chopra family comes to the hospital. Loved Raj in this scene. Loved the way the whole family stood by Kunal. Loved the Seema Kunal conversation.Thumbs Up

Clap - It is always a pleasure to see the father - son relation here - Seema as always was  a rock star.

9.      The Chopra family waiting for news at home.  Very realistic scene with discussions about what could be happening with Kunal Siddhi. What if scenarios discussed, small arguments between family members, people supporting each other.  I seriously love the way this family is depicted without any kitchen politics.Thumbs Up

That is the big reason i am still hooked to this show is that there is no family politics shown here.

The Okay:

1.       Kunal carrying Siddhi. Seriously? AngryThey want to do this clichd scene again?  This is not what SiNal is all about. What SiNal is about is the banter that preceded and that is the only reason this scene is in the okay category ' because at least the writers tried to SiNalize (hey that's a new word!) the whole situation.LOL I hated the falling, holding eye lock.Angry Really if I wanted to see that I would watch another show on another channel which shows this scene almost every day. What would have been awesome is if she had actually fallen and then Kunal lifted her up and said "Chodo mein utha hi leta hoon, phir gir gayi to problem ho jaayegi." That would have been better. That being said, I did like how Siddhi was enjoying the ride and then the way Kunal dumped her when he realized what she was doing.LOL

2.      Do pal ruka.Cry This scene had no purpose other than to fill the 3.5 minute gap at the end of show so that they could end the episode in an uncertain manner thus ensuring that people would tune in despite the IPL ceremony the next day. Still I liked the fact that I got a quick recollection of all the SiNal scenes.Thumbs Up

3.      Awake in the jungle. I liked how Siddhi and Kunal awoke and instinctively checked for the other person's welfare.Blushing Kunal especially making sure that Siddhi didn't get hit and checking her all over.  After Siddhi passed out, Kunal shouting for help was okay and then constantly saying "sona nahin, hum ghar jaayenge" and walking determinedly was good.Thumbs Up But I hated him tearing his shirt and tying her up. How clichd.Thumbs Down If he really wanted to stop the blood, he should have torn her saree and got a bigger piece of cloth. And I hated Kunal crying and saying the dialogue "Main mar jaunga." Please, the writers could have done better and the performance could have been less melodramatic.Thumbs Down

The Ugly:

1.       Perhaps the ugliest scene of them all. Thumbs DownKunal Chopra at the highway with his dying wife in his arms shouting out to God that he can't live without her and asking God to take his life and spare her. OuchForget how clichd it is. Even forget that I don't understand, as Chithra said elsewhere, why God would be interested in bartering a life. This was not Kunal Chopra.Thumbs Down It was Balaji Telefilms' version of Kunal Chopra playing to the galleries. Kunal Chopra would never be so desperate, he would never beg, he might hold God's collar (sorry don't intend to offend anyone here, it's a metaphor) and make him spare is wife's life. But he would not shout and scream and screech like a village bumpkin.Angry I hated the scene. Tried watching it multiple times to see if it grew on me, but it didn't. The only dialogues that I liked were Kunal softly saying, "Main ise bata bhi nahin paya." The gentle desperation in his voice was beautiful. And the other was "Main ise jaane nahin doonga." A painful reference to Anand's untimely death. Thumbs Up

2.       At the PCO. What were the CVs thinking? Kunal Chopra fighting goons off like Bachchan and randomly firing a gun?Thumbs Down This is not a 70s Hindi movie after all. Angry

3.       Falling off a cliff. Too filmy for my taste. Thumbs DownGoons trying to separate the two, Kunal falling on Siddhi at the last minute and then both of them falling off a cliff. Too much drama. Angry

4.       The cops telling Raj that his children might be dead. I expected better from Raj. Beating his head and crying?Thumbs Down It's too old-fashioned for this strong character. Thumbs DownSimple crying would have sufficed.

Having laid out the ugly I do understand that the production house is trying very hard to maintain a balance between TRPs and a quality product. This is a daily soap after all. The writers have a hard job writing beautiful scenes every day. And for the most part they are doing a good job. So thank you for that.Clap The CVs are also trying to maintain a good pace for the show. Over the last week especially I appreciate that despite building a suspense they didn't succumb to the usual tracks of amnesia/coma/begging God again and so on. ClapThey kept events moving at a brisk pace and against all expectations Siddhi woke up on Thursday. So thank you for that as well. ClapThe technical part has been lacking ' editing, dubbing, camera work has been shoddy off late and needs improvement.Thumbs Down But in all, it was an interesting week with many memorable moments.ClapThumbs Up I'm looking forward to a quick wrap up of the case next week and no pregnancy from their first time, but only later please.Angry

More comments next time if time permits - 
I would like to give CVS a big thankyou for not bringing the GOD in between this hospital shoot out drama - I mean in this age of science where miracles happen still I was happy to see that the professional did their job and it was not shown that CHopra family was challenging GOD and what not  and also for slap from brother to sister - 
The story is also heading with the pace -
 due to these reasons i can spare CVS for all the okay and worst parts
Overall A++ for the last week  from my side.Big smile 

-Bhavi IF-Stunnerz
-Bhavi
-Bhavi

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Not sure why did it posted twice?Shocked

Go to top