Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Priyanka Chopra makes shocking comment on Shahrukh (Page 9)

TuesdaysChild Senior Member
TuesdaysChild
TuesdaysChild

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by youknowme

^ Yeah, but the married family man is far more money in the bank for the industry than P ever was and money talks.
But to be honest this whole thing has done him lots of damage. The industry people may be loathe to give him up based upon past performance and huge fan base but his image has taken a hit from which it will be hard if it's even possible to recover, especially now he's at an age where he's basically coasting on the glory of nostalgia.

Look, if I of all people don't really care about going to his upcoming films I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Good point. It has tarnished his image quite a bit.

But..., that may end up being a good thing. I've always thought that if SRK wanted to extend his run into the next decade, competing at the box office with the Hrithiks and Ranbirs of this world, the Rahul/Raj of Yash Raj had to die and stay dead. SRK has always been better when he's not playing a loverboy but the fanbase condenmed him into the same sort of character over and over again. Now that he's turned them off with his extracurricular activities, maybe that'll free him into doing interesting work again. Every cloud has a silver lining afterall. Hopefully SRK is cunning enough to see an out here.

As for Priyanka, even if it all ended for her today, she's had a good innings. Solid work, the occasional standout performance and a reasonable box office track record. Hardly the stuff of legends but not everybody can be a Madhuri Dixit. "Husband-stealer tag" aside I hope she can continue to do good work, perhaps moving away from massy, commercial cinema.

That said, I've a feeling this story is far, far from over.

youknowme Goldie
youknowme
youknowme

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged
^In what way, far from over?

Though I do think the loss of stature will cause him to spiral badly. 

Edited by youknowme - 12 April 2012 at 7:42am

Go to top