Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Did Sati Devi have a Swayamvar? (Page 3)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
I don't bring BRC's name every time...it's that in this incidence, the characters of Lakshmi and Sati seem the same.

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you. People in this forum seem to be very defensive about Shiv and Sati's love story, they can't take any criticism, but not just me, a lot of my my friends are also not pleased with the way Sati is being portrayed, and this is not the first mythological show we have watched.

I have not read every purana there is out there, but I am not stupid either. I have heard the discourses of knowledged saints and read a good number of books too. I know how the personalities of Gods and Goddess must have been when they came to Earth, because we have a lot of sources to base them off of.

I'm not saying this serial is bad, but it's not perfect either. I really like the philosophical and religious teachings it shows, but I'm not enjoying the romance because it's not how the Shivji and Sati Devi I pray to everyday would behave. All I have to say is that if their romance was perfectly shown, the TRPs of this show would have been a lot higher.

I just wish Sati wasn't portrayed to be so human sometimes. It's not what majority of mythological viewers want to see, regardless of anyone else.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kkr531shali_dkmystery_

jwalamukhi IF-Dazzler
jwalamukhi
jwalamukhi

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I don't bring BRC's name every time...it's that in this incidence, the characters of Lakshmi and Sati seem the same.

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you. People in this forum seem to be very defensive about Shiv and Sati's love story, they can't take any criticism, but not just me, a lot of my my friends are also not pleased with the way Sati is being portrayed, and this is not the first mythological show we have watched.

I have not read every purana there is out there, but I am not stupid either. I have heard the discourses of knowledged saints and read a good number of books too. I know how the personalities of Gods and Goddess must have been when they came to Earth, because we have a lot of sources to base them off of.

I'm not saying this serial is bad, but it's not perfect either. I really like the philosophical and religious teachings it shows, but I'm not enjoying the romance because it's not how the Shivji and Sati Devi I pray to everyday would behave. All I have to say is that if their romance was perfectly shown, the TRPs of this show would have been a lot higher.

I just wish Sati wasn't portrayed to be so human sometimes. It's not what majority of mythological viewers want to see, regardless of anyone else.

it is not a mythological show ...the main plot of this story is...love story of shiv and sati...sati's emotions as human...for shiva...thats what creatives are trying to depict...

as u said ...the story of shiva his leelas...were presented a lot better in other shows too...but none has showed the love life of shiva...

DKDM...IS DOING THAT

pooji2012-Nehaaa-Samsangeetha

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jwalamukhi

it is not a mythological show ...the main plot of this story is...love story of shiv and sati...sati's emotions as human...for shiva...thats what creatives are trying to depict...

as u said ...the story of shiva his leelas...were presented a lot better in other shows too...but none has showed the love life of shiva...

DKDM...IS DOING THAT

It is a mythological show, because:

1) Shiva and Sati are Hindu Gods and any show that depicts their story, whether it be romance or other stories, is a mythological show. How can you say DkDM is not a mythological when even the CVs categorize it like that?

2) Non-mythological or non-historical shows are based off of fictional stories, and Shiva/Sati are not fictional characters. They are Gods everyone prays to.

Om Namah Shivay depicted the love story of Shivji and Devi Parvathi as well, and it showed it in an accurate, decent way without adding unnecessary fluff or making Parvathi seem human.

It's fine, I know many members in this forum are looking for a modernized version of Shiv-Sati story which includes passion and lots of romance like they find it Star Plus shows, even if that is not appropriate to show between Gods. If you guys are enjoying it, that's fine, but for viewers like me who want to enjoy the show for Lord Shiva's leelas, it's a bit difficult to digest such scenes because for me, it's an insult to depict Devi Sati in such a manner.Ouch I'm not trying to criticize the show for no reason. I love mythological shows and want to enjoy this show for romance too, not just for the philosophical lessons...but more olden-day romance that would be appropriate for the Satya Yuga in which this story happened. The romance scenes in this serial seem more like Kali Yuga romance.

I like the actors and the settings and the overall devotion of this serial. I think the CVs are doing a really good job in that, but the romance and depiction of Sati and even Shivji during the romance scenes needs lots and lots of improvement in order to attract other mythological fans. This isn't the only show to show romance in mythology. Other shows, like Ramayan, Jai Shri Krishna, Krishna Leela, and all of them showed Ram-Sita and Radha-Krishna romance in an appropriate manner. Even DBSK, which became a flop now, showed Rukmini-Krishna well in its initial episodes. No one else seems to have a problem depicting Gods' love stories, that I don't understand why the CVs are taking a humanistic directing in depicting Shiv-Sati romance. Even Ram-Sita, Radha-Krishna, Rukmini-Krishna, Krishna-Satyabhama, were all human avatars of Gods, but their romance is never depicted so humanistically.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kkr531vanadhishali_dkmystery_

Bhavaani Goldie
Bhavaani
Bhavaani

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
 LOL Lol let's not compare this to DBSK...that show is like a black spot on the name of Mythological shows. I don't think DKDM, even with its added masala is half as bad as that nonsense.

-Nehaaa-mnx12shali

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vicky_sonikudi

LOL Lol let's not compare this to DBSK...that show is like a black spot on the name of Mythological shows. I don't think DKDM, even with its added masala is half as bad as that nonsense.

Oh Vicky, I wouldn't dare compare this to DBSK, that show doesn't even deserve to be called mythology.ROFL I'm just saying that their Rukmini-Krishna scenes during Rukmini Haran were well portrayed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhishali

shali IF-Sizzlerz
shali
shali

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
@JR...
sweets, not all in the DKDM forum are blind for what is shown...we just take it with a pinch (eehh..tablespoon) off salt...cause most like the chemistry off mohit and mouli...as Shiv and Sati...but we do bash the Cv's for giving us SF and Fairy tales...

coming to the way sati is portrayed...well I agree ...she is shown to much human...a bit to weak...while she is an incarnation... but in the story the Cv's already highlighted that Sati isn't yog/ fit for shiv yet... let us hope Cv's remember that...and show us the process off Sati getting Yog/ fit for Shiv...

last...the Cv's are using to much off their creative freedom in this Mythological serial...  with that they are bringing down the value most ppl put in the reel story...so should we belief what they show us...No... to bad a lot off ppl will...

when I started to watch this show...I hoped to learn more about Shiv...now 3 moths later...I just give my brains a rest and enjoy the show...and now looking forward to next week's  Saas bahu track...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nehaaa-vanadhi_dkmystery_..RamKiJanaki..

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

This is not only Shivji's story, so depending only on Shiv Puran always will lead to confusion. This Swayamvar version is given in Devi puran with Dadhichi explaing to Daksh about greatness of lord Shiv when Daksh refuses to respect Shivji. On Brhmaji's convincing Daksh carried out the marriage rituals. Every Puran gives the story giving more importance to the concerned Deity whose Puran it is. So same story will have different vedrsions in different books. We only need to broaden our views to enjoy the show, best is watch it without any expectations. Sati's story is not yet over, it has many unknown aspects, it is good to know those unknown aspects through this show.

I was about to post about the Devi Puran version. Good that you did that already. Clap People really need to understand that there can be - and there usually is - more than one version of these mythological stories. The swayamvar story has basis in scripture and oral legends although if I remember right, the statue itself is an addition of this serial (in the scripture Sati throws the garland into the air taking Shiva's name and he appears with the garland around his neck).

As I've said before, this show is still going to meet all the milestones. It's just taking a more scenic route to get there. LOL

Edited by Kal El - 07 April 2012 at 6:19pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nehaaa-SamsangeethaBhavaanimnx12vanadhikaatayanishali..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shali

@JR...
sweets, not all in the DKDM forum are blind for what is shown...we just take it with a pinch (eehh..tablespoon) off salt...cause most like the chemistry off mohit and mouli...as Shiv and Sati...but we do bash the Cv's for giving us SF and Fairy tales...

coming to the way sati is portrayed...well I agree ...she is shown to much human...a bit to weak...while she is an incarnation... but in the story the Cv's already highlighted that Sati isn't yog/ fit for shiv yet... let us hope Cv's remember that...and show us the process off Sati getting Yog/ fit for Shiv...

last...the Cv's are using to much off their creative freedom in this Mythological serial...  with that they are bringing down the value most ppl put in the reel story...so should we belief what they show us...No... to bad a lot off ppl will...

when I started to watch this show...I hoped to learn more about Shiv...now 3 moths later...I just give my brains a rest and enjoy the show...and now looking forward to next week's  Saas bahu track...

Yes dear, that's why I said many people here and not all, I know a lot members who are my friends and displeased with some scenes.Embarrassed

Initially, when I heard that a mytho was going to be made on Shivji, I was really happy! We see so many depictions of Ramayan and Mahabharat from different directors, but not many people make shows on Lord Shiva and I was hoping this show would do justice to him, but it's not quite what I expected. I was hoping that Sati's story would be short and precise and that we'd get to see Shivji's marriage to Parvathi, and then the birth of Ganesha and Kartikeya. I was looking forward to so many scenes, but Shiv-Sati marriage is happening only now, so I'm not sure how much of Shivji's charitra the CVs will be able to show, since the channel might force them to shut down after a year or two like it happened with the Sagar's Jai Shri Krishna in Colors. It dragged Bal Krishna's stories for more than a year and hardly showed young adult Krishna before they were forced to shut down. I am hoping that won't happen with DkDM because Shivji's leelas are so interesting but hardly touched upon by people.

You know, if you want to learn about Lord Shiva, you should give Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay a try. I haven't seen it fully but in the scenes I did see, it was pretty good. Only thing is that in that show, some of the actors were not that well chosen so other than Shiv and Parvathi, I thought the cast a bit below average.Ermm On the other hand, DkDM has really good casting but the story is what is lacking.

I hope after Shiv-Sati marriage, the serial improves so that those of us who wish to see Shivji's leelas and battles won't be disappointed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index