Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Did Sati Devi have a Swayamvar? (Page 2)

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged
i have heard from one version that Sati prayed to Mahadev during her Swayamvar and garlanded Shiv when he appeared by Chanting Om Namah Shivah...and yes Daksh was completely against it...that is why he organized the swayamvar
another one says she did heavy penance for him-but i guess that is because many texts mess up the Uma/Gauri/Parvati/Sati thing and confuse Sati to be Parvati!
but yes form what i have read -the Shiv Purana states the marriage took place without any hassle at all,and Daksh though a little reluctant initially did get the marriage done!
regarding the PRC copy thingy..yeah...that was bittt too filmy...LOL
but the reason why they choose to show the Swayamvar was to justify in the long run Dakshas hatred towards Shiva and his own daughetr..my pov entirely!
but in a way,im happy beacause atleast issi bahane people are watching something that is inspired from out sacred texts and will go ahead and learn more...ive seen people searching google to find the real story and get enlightened!...so thats one good thing of the slight over dramatization!
shruti

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012kkr531-Nehaaa-BhavaaniSamsangeethamnx12jwalamukhikaatayanishivani003shaliSia889Nikki_Titli

jwalamukhi IF-Dazzler
jwalamukhi
jwalamukhi

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Hey guys, reading the recent updates, I'm confused and shocked. Why are the CVs showing that Devi Sati had a Swayamvar? I've never heard of this before.Shocked In the Shiva Purana, Daksha himself marries Sati to Shiva because he knows she will marry no one else.

Seems like the CVs have copied Prithviraj Chauhan.Confused Or maybe they want to show Shiv-Sati have a Swayamvar since Ram-Sita had one as well as Arjun-Draupadi from Mahabharat.

i think u read only shiv puran...thats why u r having doubts regarding siva-sati wedding...

the real story of shiva is still unknown...and infact he is the god ...the only god mentioned in ancient india...before aryans...

many have interpreted the story of shiva in their own ways...but none knew which is correct...

i really appreciate mahadev team for showing the story in a different way...

Edited by jwalamukhi - 07 April 2012 at 10:09am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012-Nehaaa-Bhavaanikoyal-kajalSamsangeethamnx12vanadhikaatayanishali-Nymphadora-Nikki_Titli

pooji2012 Senior Member
pooji2012
pooji2012

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jwalamukhi

Hey guys, reading the recent updates, I'm confused and shocked. Why are the CVs showing that Devi Sati had a Swayamvar? I've never heard of this before.Shocked In the Shiva Purana, Daksha himself marries Sati to Shiva because he knows she will marry no one else.

Seems like the CVs have copied Prithviraj Chauhan.Confused Or maybe they want to show Shiv-Sati have a Swayamvar since Ram-Sita had one as well as Arjun-Draupadi from Mahabharat.

i think u read only shiv puran...thats why u r having doubts regarding siva-sati wedding...

the real story of shiva is still unknown...and infact he is the god ...the only god mentioned in ancient india...before aryans...

many have interpreted the story of shiva in their own ways...but none knew which is correct...

I totally agree with you 100% jwalamukhi

We are mere humans and nobody knows the entire truth.
Its only our Shivji and Shakthima who knows all!!!

So lets really thank the team for their hard work!!!!! and lets enjoy their novel approach to THE ROMANCE OF THIS UNIVERSE!!!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nehaaa-Samsangeethamnx12jwalamukhivanadhishivani003shaliani_grNikki_Titli

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
This is not only Shivji's story, so depending only on Shiv Puran always will lead to confusion. This Swayamvar version is given in Devi puran with Dadhichi explaing to Daksh about greatness of lord Shiv when Daksh refuses to respect Shivji. On Brhmaji's convincing Daksh carried out the marriage rituals. Every Puran gives the story giving more importance to the concerned Deity whose Puran it is. So same story will have different vedrsions in different books. We only need to broaden our views to enjoy the show, best is watch it without any expectations. Sati's story is not yet over, it has many unknown aspects, it is good to know those unknown aspects through this show.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012NST1983-Nehaaa-BhavaaniSamsangeethavanadhijwalamukhiKal Elkaatayanishaliani_grNikki_Titli

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

What do you mean by only God mentioned before the aryans?Confused Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh have always been the divine trinity long before the Aryans.

And I never knew the story of Sati's Swayamvar, but if it's mentioned in Devi Bhagawatham, then I guess it did happen, because I follow Devi Bhagawatham also.

I hope the story of Devi Sati gets interesting from here...though some of the Shiv-Sati scenes were cute, some of them were too modern and depicted the God and Goddess as base humans, but now that Shiv and Sati are going to be married, I hope we will see some devotional Pati-Patni scenes between them.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kkr531vanadhishali

jwalamukhi IF-Dazzler
jwalamukhi
jwalamukhi

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

What do you mean by only God mentioned before the aryans?Confused Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh have always been the divine trinity long before the Aryans.

And I never knew the story of Sati's Swayamvar, but if it's mentioned in Devi Bhagawatham, then I guess it did happen, because I follow Devi Bhagawatham also.

I hope the story of Devi Sati gets interesting from here...though some of the Shiv-Sati scenes were cute, some of them were too modern and depicted the God and Goddess as base humans, but now that Shiv and Sati are going to be married, I hope we will see some devotional Pati-Patni scenes between them.

this is the show...based on sati's point of view...sati is a human...so they showed such emotions...

devotional pati-patni scenes?Confused...ab yeh kya hey???

shiva was the only god ...in ancient india...the concept of divine trinity...came after the aryans...as per my knowledge...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012-Nehaaa-Samsangeethavanadhishivani003shali

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

this is the show...based on sati's point of view...sati is a human...so they showed such emotions...

shiva was the only god ...in ancient india...the concept of divine trinity...came after the aryans...as per my knowledge...

Saying Shiva is the only God or Vishnu is the only God is the school of though of Shaivism or Vaishnavishm respectively. I belong to the school of thought that the divine trinity are all equal and one. I don't distinguish between them or believe that one was greatest.

And Devi Sati was not just a human. She was an incarnation of the divine Goddess, so like Sita her thoughts, emotions, and actions too were pure. She was not a human like you or me...incarnations were never 100% human. They were born humans but had divine comportment.

Sometimes, I find Sati's behavior and emotions a bit too humanistic and annoying in this serial, like Lakshmi's were in BR Chopra's Vishnu Puraan. BRC showed her constantly worrying and complaining about the goings on in Earth, and I find Sati's behavior in this show similar. While incarnations were allowed to have a few human feelings, showing them as totally human is not something I like to see in a mythological show.

The best thing about DkDM in my opinion are the philosophical scenes between Mahadev and Nandishwar. I love those.Day Dreaming The CVs have really gotten the philosophy of Hindu mythology down pat, but there's definitely room for improvement in the way they show Shiv and Sati's romance IMO. I hope they handle Devi Parvathi better, if they do show her story.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kkr531bhakti2vanadhishali_dkmystery_

jwalamukhi IF-Dazzler
jwalamukhi
jwalamukhi

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

Saying Shiva is the only God or Vishnu is the only God is the school of though of Shaivism or Vaishnavishm respectively. I belong to the school of thought that the divine trinity are all equal and one. I don't distinguish between them or believe that one was greatest.

And Devi Sati was not just a human. She was an incarnation of the divine Goddess, so like Sita her thoughts, emotions, and actions too were pure. She was not a human like you or me...incarnations were never 100% human. They were born humans but had divine comportment.

Sometimes, I find Sati's behavior and emotions a bit too humanistic and annoying in this serial, like Lakshmi's were in BR Chopra's Vishnu Puraan. BRC showed her constantly worrying and complaining about the goings on in Earth, and I find Sati's behavior in this show similar. While incarnations were allowed to have a few human feelings, showing them as totally human is not something I like to see in a mythological show.

The best thing about DkDM in my opinion are the philosophical scenes between Mahadev and Nandishwar. I love those.Day Dreaming The CVs have really gotten the philosophy of Hindu mythology down pat, but there's definitely room for improvement in the way they show Shiv and Sati's romance IMO. I hope they handle Devi Parvathi better, if they do show her story.

i don't know why u bring every time BR chopras names while talking about the mythological shows...

do u really feel that chopras presented the same as what written in the puranas...

No...can i ask one question...

u read all the puranas in the sanskrit version..or telugu/ english...?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012-Nehaaa-vanadhi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index