India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Did Sati Devi have a Swayamvar?

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged

Hey guys, reading the recent updates, I'm confused and shocked. Why are the CVs showing that Devi Sati had a Swayamvar? I've never heard of this before.Shocked In the Shiva Purana, Daksha himself marries Sati to Shiva because he knows she will marry no one else.

Seems like the CVs have copied Prithviraj Chauhan.Confused Or maybe they want to show Shiv-Sati have a Swayamvar since Ram-Sita had one as well as Arjun-Draupadi from Mahabharat.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 07 April 2012 at 8:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaliani_gr

koyal-kajal Goldie
koyal-kajal
koyal-kajal

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
there are many versions of the story one of which is this one that sati puts garland on shivs statue ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NST1983

pooji2012 Senior Member
pooji2012
pooji2012

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Hug
Originally posted by koyal-kajal

there are many versions of the story one of which is this one that sati puts garland on shivs statue ...
koyal,

I have surely heard the swayambar from my mom and grandmaBig smile
My sweet granny is very old and a pakka Shiva bhakth from her childhood!!!Big smile

So lets all wait with baited breath and rejoice and relish our most droolicious pair in the Swayambar!!!

We have waited for our Shivsati milan for sooo    long!!!!Day Dreaming

This is our time to divinely and purely ENJOY!!!!!Hug

Edited by pooji2012 - 07 April 2012 at 8:54am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NST1983-Nehaaa-Samsangeethamnx12TOTAL-ROMANTICNikki_Titli

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Exactly my point they showed a PRC version of Sati-Shiv Vivah...never heard of this...what i read from various books is Shiv n Sati got married directly without the swayamvar..but then we have too many stories to many versions of this..which is very misleading...looks like the REAL Sati/Parvati and Mahadev has to clear it all for us LOL

Edited by Killer_Shark - 07 April 2012 at 8:54am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003.Reshama.shali

Sharpay.Evans IF-Dazzler
Sharpay.Evans
Sharpay.Evans

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
There are diff versions of this...The swayamwar wz one of them!!
-Gauri

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pooji2012mnx12

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
what is the truth version thenD'oh, can someone englighten me the real sourse and which book has the truth about all the happenings of shiv and sati/parvati??????????
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
^^ Shiva Purana is the best source about Mahadev. It tells the story of Lord Shiva through his marriage with Devi Sati, Parvathi, the birth of Ganesha and Kartikeya, and much more.

I wish this serial would take Shiva Purana as its main source...i think TRPs would also increase that way since many people are familiar with that version. No one likes to see fiction after all, esp in the story of Gods.Embarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

jeshsaiiiikkr531shivani003.Sad.But.True.Sia889shali_dkmystery_Nikki_Titli

john909 Goldie
john909
john909

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
i never heard this version as well. actually wat i know is that daksh and shiv' s differences started after marriage of of shiv and sati. it was because of the one incident where shiv did not stand up from his seat like everyone else to pay respect to daksh. he felt insulted and the misunderstanding got bigger over time and he stopped calling him on any of the occasions and you all know how sati killed her self. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kkr531shivani003shaliSia889

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index