Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

What Arshi need to do to understand each other (Page 4)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pikudika

Love the post Opti, but Im afraid given the depth of the current CVs mind, if this happens, it is THE END!  I have raved and ranted that CVs havent developed other tracks/ charecters in this show enough to hold the story after reconciliation.  If you watch the earlier episodes - the ASR and Anj's past, Shyam's past, Khushi's past, etc have not been developed. Even the charecters of Akash, Payal, garima though could have been very powerful have been lost! I guess, till the CVs decide on how to progess to a 500 episode on other than MU, We are stuck!!  hey TRP mata, helppp!

If they keep dragging this MU track (which is based on such a flimsy reason), they can surely see those trps dipping further.  There is more to the story that MU, reconciliation and separation again.  All those alternative plots you put forth can hold the show together for 500 episodes.  It is sad that they have not learnt from their experience with Geet. They never brought in Vicky and Sameera in that show, characters that were mentioned but nothing more was told. Here we have a mysterious Dhruv who is yet to show himself and they are already bringing in another female.  Such shallow thinking really drives one up the wall!    

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arnav_Khushifan

Ash95 IF-Dazzler
Ash95
Ash95

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Loved it  Smile
Arnav_Khushifan Senior Member
Arnav_Khushifan
Arnav_Khushifan

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Beautiful analysis.  well said and sooo true.

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

Opti

I read it once again in leisure and You have so wonderfully explained the symbolism behind their names and yes both are very aptly fitting and living up to their description

Funnily enough although ASR is being vaunted as being older more mature and ergo more intelligent all said and done in the end it is Khushi who has the emotional maturity, strength of mind and soul and the wisdom of knowledge to know better  how to navigate the relationship through turbulent waters and possesses the key to his happiness. I also think that is why he is afraid of her for he fears ceding control of him to her  means his ego takes a beating. Edging Goodness Out is what has brought him to this state of affairs. The day they both realize the importance of to thine own self be true will be the day they both come to their respective realizations of love trust faith and happiness.

You've nailed it. The guy is a bad loser and can't bear admitting that he could lose, that too to this wisp of a girl. He is not telling her that he took the drastic decision to get married to her after he saw her with Shyam because that would mean admitting that she affects him to such an extent he will sacrifice his principles (of staying away from marriage) only to make sure she isn't available to any one else.  In this process he is hurting both of them for as long as she does not know the truth behind this forced marriage, she will be unable to convince him that she is as much as a victim (even more I would say) as Anjali. She is also not in a position to tell him what she is subjected to by Shyam since she thinks he does not know his true face and by revealing it to him, she'll hurt both him and his sister.  It is a catch 22 situation that I hope they are able to swim through unharmed.

Digressing a bit-

I do hope they are able to move on soon the story line is really starting to stagnate and seriously I find reading your interpretations far more romantic than what they are currently showing in the serial.

Khushi's current portrayal has made the difference in how people perceive her vs. him to be- she has ended up with all the criticism, tirades and brickbats. The CV's have butchered her characterization from bubbly to baby, they have saddled her with less than stellar dialogues and  comedic portrayals to keep the serial going and sadly she has been on the receiving end of so much flak and vitriol for no fault of hers. They have paid more attention to detail to his self realizations and maintaining the dignity of his character at the cost of hers which is a real pity for that is not how I remembered the Khushi of IPKKND before December. She was spunky feisty and zesty. She was that close in her own realization that she had very strong feelings for this man very much bordering on love and maybe even acknowledging it if he had not cruelly dumped her that Diwali night or played games with that engagement Farak Padta Hai bit.

I do realize why they like to show ASR so in love so that some of his really nasty taunts/ disturbing acts are diluted and forgiven by his loyal viewers and his image among the fan base is maintained. I also know by keeping her love under wraps and not bringing it out in the open means the Shyam track became possible for the MU and forced marriage but all said and done the CV's have done a great disservice and injustice to Khushi.  I have never felt this bad for an actor as I do for SI.What a waste of a powerhouse of a talent and an infinitely superior actor. I do hope the CV's redeem themselves with her soon.

Here is really hoping that IPKKND starts to move symbolically as you have written- cheers to that!

I think both the characters have been dented by this stupid MU track which never seems to end.  At the end of it, the two will be shadows of what they were at the start of the show and that to me is not good story telling.  Anyway, let us see how things move on from here. 

tumti1076 Newbie
tumti1076
tumti1076

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Excellent as always. Have enjoyed reading your posts. 
Thank you.
Suma.

Go to top