Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

||ABHI&NIKI's FC ~A Tribute To Love~|| (Page 80)

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pra19

Originally posted by Khushboo_AN

I just happened to notice this part...can you sing? =D

I can give you the notes for tumi robe nirobe if you like...I never learnt that song unfortunately but I can play ^_^
Proper diction will come if you listen to the song carefully...just mimic the pronounciation and it's pretty easy that way. Try Srikanto or Sraboni Sen or Monomoy if their sung versions are available online...I don't know.
Thr problem with Rabindrasangeet is that the genre has a particular style in which some people sing the songs. I don't know why they do that, but with all due respect, t sounds like they have a lockjaw or are constipated or if they open their mouth, they fear their teeth will fall off perhaps. Well anway. If you ever sing rabindrasangeet, try to avoid that particular style of singing, please. It annoys most people.

Oh I almost did not read this message . Yes I sing but its just a very personal interest u know like the way I write Smile
There are some songs which after I listen I have to sing . Normally it happens with ghazals mainly and when I first heard these two songs , I actually felt the same urge . Yes , i heard Srikanto's versionSmile . He seems to make it sound very easy for people like me who are otherwise alien to Bengali . I love his voice and love the contemporary feel he brings to these songs
And I definitely know that "particular style" you are talking abt. I was once at a Durga puja pandal in Bombay and this lady was singing some Rabindrasangeet song in that style and at the risk of sounding mean and condescending , I could not bear to hear her for more than a few seconds . SHe wasnt bad or anything but she was trying tooo damn hard in all that stilted or as you very rightly say constipated (You are seriously hilariousBig smile) expression. I certainly was annoyed and thank God I did not let her performance put me off Rabindrasangeet like foreverSmile
BTW I  think I can sing the first two lines of jao paakhi bolo I think a little decently . Love tht song

Wow lovely :D

Yes when we want to tease friends, we sing rabindrasangeet in that weird way. Actually that is supposed to be the way in which the songs should be sung...tradition wise. I dislike it X( try searching for "gaaner opare" in youtube. It was a bengali soap, where they had lots of rabindrasangeets. They sang them in a very fresh way...some of the versions went a bit over the top, yes, but essentially I loved them very much.

I can't access my computer now, so I can't give you the links. I don't have them in my tablet. Once I can use my pc again, I'll find some links for you :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pra19

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Hi Richa! I'm here but I have to leave...I've taken cough syrup and am extremely sleepy -_-

I've to get up at 5:30am so I'm off.

Bonsoir, au revoir!
richasharma0991 IF-Dazzler
richasharma0991
richasharma0991

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
hey khush .  take care of yourself . weather changes are there u can  get a viral.

Khushboo_AN

-MERRY- IF-Stunnerz
-MERRY-
-MERRY-

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged

@Cherry and Rucha...well if you say so :P
Hello to you too!

@Merry...watch Barfi if you can ^_^ I loved it! And yeah university is a lot of fun...a hell lot of freedom. So much so that it sometimes seems like too much freedom :S
Aww why...grab a bottle of chocolate syrup snd have it with a straw, you'll feel better *hugs*
LOL yeah i will try that. okay i heard its a good movie. i usually dont watch bollywood movies , yeah i find them annoying LOL

Khushboo_AN

-MERRY- IF-Stunnerz
-MERRY-
-MERRY-

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged
hey richa.. long time

cherry y dont u talk to me no moreeeCry same with rucha. its like u guys dont even know me anymore
i am hurttt Cry
Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Merry_Shwit

@Cherry and Rucha...well if you say so :P
Hello to you too!

@Merry...watch Barfi if you can ^_^ I loved it! And yeah university is a lot of fun...a hell lot of freedom. So much so that it sometimes seems like too much freedom :S
Aww why...grab a bottle of chocolate syrup snd have it with a straw, you'll feel better *hugs*
LOL yeah i will try that. okay i heard its a good movie. i usually dont watch bollywood movies , yeah i find them annoying LOL

Well if you dislike the dialogues then don't worry...Barfi is almost devoid of dialogues Wink

-MERRY-

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pra19

As for "tumi kamon kore gaan koro he guni", as far as I understand it, it's a song about someone admiring another talented person's singing ability. Their song mesmerises the speaker very much and he wishes to sing like him.
It is bichitro porjae, I think. Rabindrasangeet is divided into many genres...and bichitro is abstract. But I'm not very sure about the porja, really...I'll ask and let ya know.

Yes, "tumi robe nirobe" is a "shraddher gaan" yaani ke a funeral song as my boyfriend tells me...I trust him in this, because he has a diploma in Rabindrasangeet...so if he tells me it is a shraddher gaan, I'll believe hin. I guess it is about the loss of a beloved person as in someone whom the speaker loved romantically. Speaks of the loss of their physical self and yet their spirit lingering on...

Nope, I haven't watched Iti Mrinaoini...36 Chowringhee Lane...yes, I've watched it, but not entirely. I watched s bit of it.

Yes I sort of guessed tht about Tumhi kamon kore gaan from the liitle Bengali I can understand and after that the meaning I had googled . I was actually talking abt " jokhon porbe na mor paaer chinho ei baate" , the other one you had suggested, that again seems like a sad song .And thanks for that info on genres of Rabindrasangeet . I had no idea that Rabindrasangeet again had many genres .

Oh , tumhi robe nirobe is a funeral song then . Hmmm! And I totally believe you or or your BF rather :) .

I did not really get to listen to all the songs you spoke off but did manage to google some Uttam Suchitra songs and found one which I dont remember the exact words but it was sung  by Geeta Dutt (I absolutely love her voice ) something like "aami je tomaar are you mine too (dnt remember the exact words bt I think tht is what it meantEmbarrassed). She is so pretty and the song is so Aww!! inducingly beautiful and romantic . I think they are newly married or something and its amazing , the mood, the voice , the words everything.

And I found one Soumitra Chatterjee and Tanuja song which I dont remember anything of because I was too busy gawking at Soumitra Chatterjee . I find him very good looking when he was young , he still is , but back then he was something else ...Day Dreaming

Oh "jokhon porbe na"...well I believe it is a "biroher gaan" yaani ke bichhar jaane ka gaana...but I'm not very sure. Someone was saying that it's actually milan ka gaana because of these lines "tokhon ke bole go shei probhate nei ami"...I'll have to ask. I'll check the gitobitaan...probably find the genre there. If I don't, I'll ask my boyfriend and ket you know next week...he's going out of station today so I'll ask him when he returns...unfortunately no one in my family has ever learnt Rabindrasangeet so no one really knows :/

Oh yeah that song...hehehe it's nice. They have lots of nice songs ^_^ and yes, Soumitra was smashing! I personally found him better looking than Uttam Kumar :D

Well I gave you a shortlisted account of the rabindrasangeets I like...consulted with my boyfriend as well lolz...there are thousands of songs. Gitobitaan has some 1000 pages probably, I haven't checked. And it has all the songs Rabindranath has ever written :O
Thanks so much for giving me this information you know consulting (excuse my technical jargon , so used to writing stupid mails in office :)) , your BF and all . Uttam Kumar is an amazing performer , one of my all time favorite sad songs from Amanush movie has been picturized on him , but Soumitra , hmmm ! Smile 
I knw Ill never be able to hear all the songs Tagoreji has written . Sigh !!! I havent been able to finish reading Geetanjali also . It needs so much attention and so much appreciation that for the past few years I have rarely been in that kind of focussed state of mind . But someday I will finish reading all of it , I will.

Khushboo_AN

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

Wow lovely :D

Yes when we want to tease friends, we sing rabindrasangeet in that weird way. Actually that is supposed to be the way in which the songs should be sung...tradition wise. I dislike it X( try searching for "gaaner opare" in youtube. It was a bengali soap, where they had lots of rabindrasangeets. They sang them in a very fresh way...some of the versions went a bit over the top, yes, but essentially I loved them very much.

I can't access my computer now, so I can't give you the links. I don't have them in my tablet. Once I can use my pc again, I'll find some links for you :)

Haa haa . I knw its the tradition and all and traditions need to preserved and I know some people from Calcutta are so particular abt Tagore and Satyajit Ray and all that Bengali cultural heritage . They'd probably throw stones at someone like me who has no real idea of anything and is yet passing comments Smile I'll chek gaaner opare , thanks .

Just heard an old movie version of tumi robe nirobe . So beautiful even when its a funeral song :(

Khushboo_AN

Go to top