Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

||ABHI&NIKI's FC ~A Tribute To Love~|| (Page 74)

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khushboo_AN

You find some really nice songs...I'm not that much into English music as I am into Bengali, so I hardly know any good songs :(

I used to put lyrics I found on the net with caps and post them here for a game we used to play.

How are you?
@bold part , oh yes . I am almost fanatical about my interest in listening to music and always discovering new genres and singers/bands . But the mainstream music these days is a huge turn off and I dont like this song too , I mean compared to some of Kelly Clarkson's other songs . But the lyrics here , just on their own are an altogether different matter .
Bengali music ... of course , its your mother tongue . There isnt a lot of music in my mother tongue and whatever there is never really appealed to meOuch. I have listened to Rabindra sangeet fleetingly and find it absolutely divine , though I am sure most of its essence and mood gets lost in all the translations. And speaking of Bengali music , how can I forget my current obsession. I happened to watch a movie called "Memories in March" a while back and one song in particular stayed with me and now it has become a personal favorite . I managed to find some translations for it recently and fell in love with it even more.
Its called "Sakhi hum" . Here is the song.
In a hurry so cant find the lyrics . But do listen to it if you can.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Khushboo_AN

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Oh f**k you watched Ritoparno Ghosh's movie :o I love you so much!

He/she is AMAZING.

Yeah you should listen to rabindrasangeet...wonderful, a lot of them. Truly. Not all, of course, but mostly, yes.

Try tumi robe nirobe, aha aaji e boshonte, shokhi bhabona kahaare bole/ bhalobasha kaare koy, tumi shondharo meghomala, ami roope tomae bholabo na, amra shobai raja, purano shei diner kotha, amar shonar horin chai, krishnokoli ami tarei boli, ami tomar preme hobo shobar kolonkobhagi, boro asha kore, bhalobashi bhalobashi, akash bhora shurjo tara, phule phule dhole dhole, aha tomar shonge praaner khela, tomar khola hawae, mayabono bihaarini, pagla hawar badol dine, ami chini go chini tomare ogo bideshini, praan chae chokkhu na chae, ore ghrihobashi, mono mor meghero shongite, kotobaaro bhebechhinu, majhe majhe tobo dekha pai tobu chirodino kano pai na, kano cheye achho go maa, jhoro jhoro borishe baaridhaara, jodi taare nai chini go shey ki, hare re re re re amae chhere dere dere, esho he boishakh, khoro bayu boy bege, ei monihaar amae nahi shaaje, dariye achho tumi amar gaaner opare, badolo baul, amaro porano jaha chae, amar mukti aloe aloe, phaguner poroshmoni, adheko bhume noyono chume, aaji dhaaner khete roudro chhayae...

Listen to them and tell me how you liked them ^_^

pra19

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Yes , I kind of like Rituparno Ghosh's movies too and "He/She" Khush ...  , haa haa poor fellow :))  . And he's good with his acting too , liked him the most in this movie even though the movie as such did not work for me as much as I wanted it to.
But I hate that movie Antarmahal , hate it hate it hate it .
And OMG , thanks for all the rabindra sangeet songs . I already lstened to the first three . They are expectedly lovely , specially "Tumi robe nirobe"Day Dreaming. Its my new anti-depressant.
The one I heard was "Tumi kemon kore" (hope my speliings are alrightEmbarrassed) . Its simply mesmerizing . Someday I want to sing that song and "Tumi robe nirobe"  ,with proper Bengali diction and all.

Edited by pra19 - 15 September 2012 at 6:30am

Khushboo_AN

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pra19

Yes , I kind of like Rituparno Ghosh's movies too and "He/She" Khush ...  , haa haa poor fellow :))  . And he's good with his acting too , liked him the most in this movie even though the movie as such did not work for me as much as I wanted it to.
But I hate that movie Antarmahal , hate it hate it hate it .
And OMG , thanks for all the rabindra sangeet songs . I already lstened to the first three . They are expectedly lovely , specially "Tumi robe nirobe"Day Dreaming. Its my new anti-depressant.
The one I heard was "Tumi kemon kore" (hope my speliings are alrightEmbarrassed) . Its simply mesmerizing . Someday I want to sing that song and "Tumi robe nirobe"  ,with proper Bengali diction and all.

@bold...yeah, well...he/she...it's not very clear...and he calls himself the "third gender" or something like that...meh, I dunno. Just that I really respect that person's work. His direction is amazing, he has a new movie out, called Chitrangada, and I really really wanna watch it!

@italic...I haven't watched it actually. Ermm

@underlined...well I take it that you don't understand Bengali perhaps? Ironically, that's a song about separation and death.

Tumi robe nirobe hridoye momo
Nibiro nibhrito purnima nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe...
Momo jibono joubono
Momo okhilo bhubono
Tumi bhoribe shourobhe
Nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe
Jagibe ekaki tobo koruno aankhi
Tobo oncholo chhaya more rohibe dhaki
Momo dukkho bedono
Momo shopholo shopono
Tumi bhoribe gourobe
Nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe...

I'm doing a very bad translation of it, but it basically says this:

You will reside silently in my heart...close, and secretive as the darkness surrounding the full moon at night. You shall fill my life, my youth and the emptiness of my house with your fragrance as the dark does the night. Your sad eyes shall awake in loneliness, your shadow will cover and safeguard me. You shall be in my sadness and joy, you shall fill the success of my dreams with pride, just as the darkness does the night. You shall reside in my heart in silence...

Yes. I'm sorry. Forgive me, Rabindranath. But I did my best. Anyway. It's essentially a very sad song. But it's my absolute favourite. I keep requesting people to sing it for me Embarrassed

Tumi kamon kore as in:
Tumi kamon kore gaan koro he guni
Ami obaak hoe shuni, kebol shuni

It's a wonderful song! And I just realised that I forgot to mention this: jokhon porbe na mor paaer chinho ei baate.

Goodness knows how I could forget that song! Do listen to it. It is excellent.

pra19

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Amar mukti aloe aloe
Ei akashe amar mukti aloe aloe
Amar mukti dhulae dhulae, ghashe ghashe

Deho moner shudur paare
Hariye pheli aponare
Gaaner shure amar mukti urdhe bhaashe

^_^

pra19

Khushboo_AN IF-Sizzlerz
Khushboo_AN
Khushboo_AN

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Oh and since we're talking about bengali songs, you should listen to stuff outside our beloved dadu's creations as well :3

I'd recommend oldies...amazing, they are. I can't remember songs when I want to, unfortunately...try the Uttam-Suchitra movies wale songs...they are wonderful.

And among the recent ones, again, I'm almost blank but whatever comes to my mind right now are:

Dakchhe akash dakchhe batash
Dekhechho ki taake
Amake amar moto thakte dao
Benche thakar gaan
Roopkothara
Gaan khunje pay
Je kota din tumi chhile pashe
Gobheere jao
Tomae hrid majhare rakhbo
Ekhon onek raat
Amar mawte
Ei to ami chaai
Jawl phoring
Ae ae ke jabi ae ke mon harabi
Dhatina natina
Hai bangali hai
Mary anne
Tumi ashbe bole
Tumi na thakle
Tv dekhona
Adorer nouko
Bariye dao tomar haath
Classroom
Chol rastay
Ekla ghor
Ekbar bol
Holid pakhi
Jao pakhi
Jokhon nirobe dure
Megher palok
Pherari mon
Shudhu tumi ele na
Barandae roddur
Tistaan
Rondhre rondhre paap
Phiriye dewar gaan
Prithibita naki chhoto hote hote
Nshwa korechho amae
Hasnuhana
Ghore pherar gaan

Yeah that's pretty much all I can come up with right now. If forgot the rest. Anyway. Among the artistes, try Suman Chattopadhyay (now he's Kabir Suman but his songs were better when he had his previous name, hence the recommendation), Anjan Dutt, Anupam Roy, Srikanto, Rupankar, Sraboni Sen, Kaushiki Desikan if you're into classical because she is AMAZING, and again I forgot the rest, I'm sorry.

And among the bands, Chandrabindoo is my favourite...they do nonsense verse as their lyrics, so you should understand a bit of bengali to be able to decipher the nonsense of it all but still they're fun to listen to. Try: juju, doodh na khele, bhorer kuasha, bromha janen, anko ki kothin, conductor, tatin, amar shohor, mongolgroho, ekti murgi...they're fun to listen to. A few of them do have deep meanings, but let's not go there right now.
Apart from that, among the bands you should definitely listen to are: mohiner ghoraguli, bhoomi, cactus, fossils. And I can't remember any more right now.

pra19

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khushboo_AN

@bold...yeah, well...he/she...it's not very clear...and he calls himself the "third gender" or something like that...meh, I dunno. Just that I really respect that person's work. His direction is amazing, he has a new movie out, called Chitrangada, and I really really wanna watch it!
True that . I havent watched a lot of his Bengali movies actually . Raincoat which I saw in Hindi was or rather is so good and he definitely is one of the very few directors who can make Aishwarya Rai such a delight to watch , far away from all her fakeness.
@italic...I haven't watched it actually. Ermm

@underlined...well I take it that you don't understand Bengali perhaps? Ironically, that's a song about separation and death.
Really  ? Hmmm! I definitely dont understand Bengali well enough to understand Rabindra sangeet but had googled the translation for this song and actually thought of it as a love song or something you know more like one sided love , ok brief separation maybe . Did not think of the death angle at all. Makes it all the more beautiful now. You know how much I love tragic romances Smile

Tumi robe nirobe hridoye momo
Nibiro nibhrito purnima nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe...
Momo jibono joubono
Momo okhilo bhubono
Tumi bhoribe shourobhe
Nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe
Jagibe ekaki tobo koruno aankhi
Tobo oncholo chhaya more rohibe dhaki
Momo dukkho bedono
Momo shopholo shopono
Tumi bhoribe gourobe
Nishithini shomo
Tumi robe nirobe...

I'm doing a very bad translation of it, but it basically says this:

You will reside silently in my heart...close, and secretive as the darkness surrounding the full moon at night. You shall fill my life, my youth and the emptiness of my house with your fragrance as the dark does the night. Your sad eyes shall awake in loneliness, your shadow will cover and safeguard me. You shall be in my sadness and joy, you shall fill the success of my dreams with pride, just as the darkness does the night. You shall reside in my heart in silence...

Yes. I'm sorry. Forgive me, Rabindranath. But I did my best. Anyway. It's essentially a very sad song. But it's my absolute favourite. I keep requesting people to sing it for me Embarrassed

Tumi kamon kore as in:
Ami obaak hoe shuni, kebol shuni

It's a wonderful song! And I just realised that I forgot to mention this: jokhon porbe na mor paaer chinho ei baate.

Goodness knows how I could forget that song! Do listen to it. It is excellent.
Just listening to it  as I am typing this message . Yes its beautiful . Is this sad too ?

Khushboo_AN

pra19 Senior Member
pra19
pra19

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for all the recommendations . I'll definitely listen to all of them , hopefully in the coming week .

And thanks to youtube and all the blessed souls who upload them , I dont have to go hunting for all these songs .

Have you seen Iti Mrinalini and 36 Chowringhee lane ? Love both those movies and specially 36 chowringhee lane.

Khushboo_AN

Go to top