Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

reality of Mhatma ... (Page 12)

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 6:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 6:23am | IP Logged

blue-ice.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 6:32am | IP Logged

blue-ice.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged

blue-ice.

Pratamesh IF-Dazzler
Pratamesh
Pratamesh

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by Pratamesh

Originally posted by Pratamesh

WHY I KILLED GANDHI - Nathuram Godse's Final Address to the Court, read it to know what gandhi had been doing and why he isnt a mahatma http://smileosmile.com/celebrities/why-i-killed-gandhi-nathuram-godses-final-address-to-the-court/
Awesome.I am impressed. How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his and Mahan act [:D]That should make Gandhi's detractors happier [LOL]
if u cant make out the difference between criticism and hater's and m very sorry i cant help u m nt a gandhi hater i hav given the link in context of the title of the thread which is opened and not to degrade the character of gandhi he was,is and will be a freedom fighter but i dont agree with the title mahatma given to him,all said thats my view its upto u to agree or not. If i say nehru was responsible for india's defeat in 1962 not becoz just that he was the PM no one would agree i could well give the facts to u but the large majority of people in india dnt knw that n consider him a great person,same goes with gandhi the facts have been hidden from public preview so how can u debate when people are not able to believe only what is the otherside of the story (i hav given here facts stating that if u hav read earlier posts)
What facts? where? [:s]0„2Stories and and rumours cannot be called facts.Godse's views were his0„2views 0„2not0„2facts. For instance if I hold the view that whoever hits" like" indiscriminately on every post by the OP however non sensical it may be is a hater of Gandhi and not merely a criticiser - then it remains my view and does not become a fact.
i dont want to get into a debate about who is a hater or who is a critic coming to the topic abt him being a mahatma or not http://www.imrajeev.com/2009/01/why-godse-killed-gandhi/ here are a few instances how gandhi forced the than government whose PM was nehru to give 50-55 crore to pakistan by sitting on a fast for the same cause when we had more important issues like killing of refugees occuring around border areas is it worth i would ask u?? Secondly what u are saying is their way when u refer to bhagat singh(extremist)is the way which got us freedom and not the ahimsa of gandhi and this is stated by the british PM of the than labour party itself and thats a fact not a rumour i would ask u how could we get independence by non-violent way when gandhi has withdrawn almost every movement which has started due to some reason,it was the mutiny within the british navy and army which was major cause of our freedom and i hope u know gandhi hadnt told them to do it but it was due to sentences being passed against INA member's. Going by gandhi's method v would never get independence, u may also know that gandhi always had a better say in congress and whoever was against his view had to bow or get out from the party but jinnah on other hand was so adamant that he never listened to gandhi and gandhi always bowed to him,take for instance formation of muslim league or equal rights based on religion(same gandhi had opposed dr.ambedkar threatening to go on fast)
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged

I am sure anyone who has tried it knows the futility very well.

If people did not force him to they neither stopped him when they could have.  In hind sight it is very easy to blame anyone.

Every  person acts according to his beliefs. Gandhi did what he felt best at that time and enjoyed the support of the majority of Indians.

Now who said anything about Gandhi gaining from the massacres? That is your own assumption.  What  I meant was to say was that Gandhi does not seem to have had any personal gain in mind when he took up cudgels on behalf of the Indians who were being oppressed under the British regime. Anyone who took on the British at that time did so with a risk factor. Criticising the freedom fighters from the comforts of their home in  Free India sitting  with our laptops  is the easiest thing to do.

If you go through the post that prompted me to make the comparison between a state and India it will be very clear to you. It wasnt just one incident that was cited from a particular state . All examples quoted and the leaders quoted in that post belonged to that particular state thereby conveying a state centric focus. However the later post cleared some of that and I stated so in my earlier post.

I would still like to know your reasons, why you think it is futile.

Blaming/ criticising is always done in hindsight, atleast as far as I'm aware. Please do let me know if someone has devised a method to blame/ criticise a person even before knowing the outcome of his actions.

Whether Gandhi started his movement with selfish/ altruistic motives, how much altruism, how much selfishness, which weighed more heavily, etc. all of them are debatable.
However, it's not his involvement in the freedom movement and his personal motive that is in question at present. If you want, you can debate that as well separately over here or in a new thread. Right now, it's his decisions, his methods and their efficacy that are being scrutinised. Scrutiny and criticism always happens at a later date, whether it's about Gandhi or Gautam Buddha or Alexander. That at present India is free and we have laptops has nothing to do with it. Please do let me know if I'm wrong and if you have established that laptop owners in a free country shouldn't criticise.

I'm quoting Tannistha's post to show the extent of mention of Bengal and a Bengali leader in her post:
Originally posted by Tannistha

... he did nothing to prevent the atrocities of surahbardi and let bengal suffer, he indulged jinnah and  stoked Ego of Nehru, he marginalised subhas bose and forced  him to give up his right ful position as congress president to satisfy Nehru, else things would have different...

@Bold in your post:
All examples - since when did one example become all examples?
The leaders - since when did one leader become a bunch of leaders? Or do you consider Jinnah and Nehru to be Bengalis?
If I cite the example of Gandhi and the Dandi march, will you say I'm only interested about Gujarat?

I hope you'll agree that partition was an event of immense significance for India; and Subhas Chandra Bose was a leader of national importance in India.
Congress, which was the prime political party at that time, failed to see Suhrawardi's intentions and failed to protect the Hindus in Calcutta from being butchered.
Earlier, Gandhi had forced Subhas Chandra Bose to leave Congress.

Therefore, Congress failed to protect the interests of the people they were governing.
Congress failed to protect the interest of it's own member who had won the presidential elections by fair means.
Gandhi = most prominent leader of Congress at that time and therefore had the most influence in Congress
Failings of Congress = Failings of it's leaders
Since the most prominent leader was Gandhi, therefore, he should share the major part of the blame for the failings of Congress at that time.
It can't be one way. You can't attribute success of India's independence 100% to Gandhi and yet in case of failings remove Gandhi's name from it absolutely.

Edited by souro - 09 April 2012 at 8:20am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PratameshaanyakunatLeadNitrate-x-Reshu-x-

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 11:01am | IP Logged

Pratamesh

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarblue-ice.

Go to top