Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

reality of Mhatma ... (Page 11)

peridot. Senior Member

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrrodrummedupblue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged

Ah my good friend Gandhiji.
I think it is quite common to always see imperfections in others.
The Earth is not round either, but it works well for me.LOL
But then we always see what we want to see.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged

See, everyone has good and bad qualities in them. And one must appreciate where it's due.

You have to take good qualities.. he played a major role in imparting the non-cooperation movement, concept of ahimsa, Swaraj etc etc. Now, just imagine how much of chaos would there have been in India if people did not resort to non-cooperation movement, went crazy and caused riots in a destructive manner ??

He saved the society from plenty of destruction and loss. He also had a good influence over the colonials through his gentle passive approach.

He also opposed child marriage, purdah, untouchability for the emancipation of Indians.

Coming to him sleeping with girls, that's his PERSONAL life. One has no right to comment on it... I also read that he trashed his wife in public for not doing some domestic chores, again, that's his personal life..PLUS - there's no reliable source to prove such rumors or whatever. Anyways, whether he has slept with girls or abused his wife, it's all none of my business.. What matters is how big an influence he has made in India, and his beautiful concept of non-cooperation and non-resistance movement in a passive manner :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.zorrroForever-KAblue-ice.

Pratamesh IF-Dazzler
Pratamesh
Pratamesh

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by Pratamesh

WHY I KILLED GANDHI - Nathuram Godse's Final Address to the Court,
read it to know what gandhi had been doing and why he isnt a mahatma
http://smileosmile.com/celebrities/why-i-killed-gandhi-nathuram-godses-final-address-to-the-court/

Awesome.I am impressed. How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his and Mahan act [:D]That should make Gandhi's detractors happier [LOL]

if u cant make out the difference between criticism and hater's and m very sorry i cant help u
m nt a gandhi hater i hav given the link in context of the title of the thread which is opened and not to degrade the character of gandhi
he was,is and will be a freedom fighter but i dont agree with the title mahatma given to him,all said thats my view its upto u to agree or not.
If i say nehru was responsible for india's defeat in 1962 not becoz just that he was the PM no one would agree i could well give the facts to u but the large majority of people in india dnt knw that n consider him a great person,same goes with gandhi the facts have been hidden from public preview so how can u debate when people are not able to believe only what is the otherside of the story (i hav given here facts stating that if u hav read earlier posts)

aanyakunat

Pratamesh IF-Dazzler
Pratamesh
Pratamesh

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by Pratamesh

WHY I KILLED GANDHI - Nathuram Godse's Final Address to the Court,
read it to know what gandhi had been doing and why he isnt a mahatma
http://smileosmile.com/celebrities/why-i-killed-gandhi-nathuram-godses-final-address-to-the-court/

Awesome.I am impressed.
How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his brave and Mahan act [:D]That should make Gandhi's detractors happier [LOL]

lMAO Zorro ji[=))]...I was thinking the same thing...ki ab ye naubat aa gayi hai...ki hume ab murderes se shiksha leni padegi[xx(]...BTW do u know if Mahatma Osama B laden...and Mahatma Kasab have written any books to enlighten us?

dnt mock other people just coz u cant take what is being said or debated,
i never said i agree with what nathuram godse did but that is also other side of a story which remains to be told
and dnt use name of terrorist,i respect the freedom fighter's although i may not agree with what gandhi did
Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
@Minnie and Kirran - I m a Lahori .. i often pass through Shadman interaction...where Bhagat Singh was hanged... But i honestly don't know why it is said Gandhi could have saved him (admittedly i m very ignorant about alot of things LOL)

blue-ice.

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Arwen- Maybe you should ask your Grandparents or maybe even parents about it, they must know it! Whole Punjab knows it and that's why you would never find any Punjabi who adores or likes "Gandhi". Gandhi couldn't stand the fact that the youth was more behind Bhagat than him, he could have done more or put more pressure on the British to save Bhagat but he never did it because of that.

MithiBani

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by King-Anu

[

awesome post King ji...Star
Regarding the higlighted part...please don't keep any doubts...Gandhi ji is respected by billions all over the world and India...on this thread you will see members like Souro, RTH and Tannishta discussing his actions and putting their views...if they disagree with some of his actions doesn't mean DISRESPECT...Now as a grown up when I look back...I do question some of the decisions my parents made...but that was their perspective...and even I may not agree with some...I have the utmost RESPECT for my parents...

You would only see a few thumping their chest in glee here...that oh...good that some f*cking a*shole...Godse killed Gandhiji...but people holding these views and who feel happy that a leader was assassinated...are thankfully...just a handful...and they are entitled to their views...which they form probably after reading books and articles by looney tunes and even murderes...well this is the perk of living in a free and democratic country...for which I ofcourse thank Gandhiji and all the freedom fighters...Tongue

thanks though i think i got a bit harsh with my advice there lol. however we are being called fools too. that was just me being sarcastic. dont worry i have no doubts and nothing that has been said here has convinced me to be otherwise. i rarely change my views about common people let alone such a great leader of past so many centuries.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroblue-ice.

Go to top