Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Professional debaters don't write in SMS lingo.
Professional debaters don't open with a post which is biased to the extreme.
Professional debaters don't carefully pick only one book and cite it endlessly, especially a book whose claims have not been validated by other experts.

Professional debaters don't come on DM, period.

beforesunrise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

Professional debaters don't write in SMS lingo.
Professional debaters don't open with a post which is biased to the extreme.
Professional debaters don't carefully pick only one book and cite it endlessly, especially a book whose claims have not been validated by other experts.

Professional debaters don't come on DM, period.

hahahaha stop being biased mentor ...dont teach me rules i know more than you ...m nt the one who has crossed limits with words ðŸ˜Š  

Originally posted by: Pratamesh

I agree on quiet a few points with u specially the once relating to the injustice that was done with rest of freedom fighter's of that time bhagat singh,subhash chandra bose,azad i rate their contribution to our country much higher than gandhi they wer never given due recognition by gandhi and always sidelined them, what dr.babasaheb said was also true,gandhi stopped dr.ambedkar from bringing reservation stating that it would lead to disintegration in society but he never sided with untouchables like what dr.ambedkar was doing at that time also india didnt get independence coz of gandhi but it was due to WWII consequence and d new govt that had come for the 1st time in england

You have the right to grade the way you fancy. No one is stopping you from giving recognition to whoever you want to. You think reservation was a brilliant idea !!!!! Cant figure out how you reached the conclusion that WWII and the new govt in England was the only reason that led to our freedom
My laptop battery is almost over now , will be back tomorrow if all is well .

Originally posted by: anu_luv_maan

hahahaha stop being biased mentor ...dont teach me rules i know more than you ...m nt the one who has crossed limits with words ðŸ˜Š  

There you go ALM you granted yourself another certificate 😆 You dont need anyone teaching you THAT 😃
beforesunrise thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

You have the right to grade the way you fancy. No one is stopping you from giving recognition to whoever you want to. You think reservation was a brilliant idea !!!!! Cant figure out how you reached the conclusion that WWII and the new govt in England was the only reason that led to our freedom

no i dnt think reservation was or is a great idea but cant help it why i put name of BABA here cuz he was alive then he has seen and experienced everything m always against reservation but then it becomes the another topic of DM ... noI dnt say WWII was reason of our freedom but i strongly say only efforts of Gandhi were not purely reason of our freedom ...i jsut hate it hoe Bhagat singh nd Shekhar were killed ...Gnadhi cud have stopped that ...till 10th i myself admired gandhi but that was until i read few other books of those era 
beforesunrise thumbnail

There you go ALM you granted yourself another certificate 😆 You dont need anyone teaching you THAT 😃

no , i dnt want anyone teaching me anything , i bliv in studying , m teacher of my own self i dnt take lessons i learn them 
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I'm not a fan of Gandhi myself, however this accusation of Gandhi not saving Bhagat Singh and therefore he must be bad is something that I totally fail to understand.

Did Bhagat Singh ask for Gandhi's permission before he did whatever he did? If Gandhi had asked Bhagat Singh to protest on his behalf and then refused to protect him, that would've been condemnable. Bhagat Singh took the decision himself, the consequences were for him alone to suffer. It's foolish to expect Gandhi or any XYZ person to intervene and save them.

And why should Gandhi suddenly bend over backwards to save someone whose chosen path was radically different than Gandhi's? Do you think that would've reflected well for Gandhi's credibility?
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

reservation isnt a good idea?? For untouchables at that time??what dr.ambedkar was doing and gandhi sat on fast so that ther wernt be discrimination into society
wher was gandhi when untouchables wer suffering??
In order to remove reservation 1st get the society at same level than v will talk,what gandhi did was wrong and it was only after his death that reservation and recognition to untouchables and poor came in our society
abt WWII and independence interlinkage,after WWII the new govt of england which came tabled the bill to give independence to india and at that time ther wer no lobbyist to put infront indias claim to the new govt so that was a major reason if u know
the freedom struggle being the second
bt what if that government hadnt come we could wait another 10-20yr's doing ahimsa what diff would that make isnt that true??
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm not a fan of Mahatma Gandhi myself. As a leader and human being he was by no means perfect and we can have a very interesting debate on his flaws, missteps and mistakes. However, such a discussion has to be balanced and well founded in facts. Unverified conspiracy theories in some books not backed by history are interesting gossip but not valuable for a factual discussion.

@ Souro - I think in the case of Bhagat Singh, it seems kind of contradictory for a man who was so strongly in favor of 'non-violence' and against British rule in India would easily allow a death penalty. At the same time perhaps there was nothing Gandhi could do and we just expect too much out of him.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
I am personally not a big follower of Mahatma Gandhi. He committed a lot of political mistakes, his ideology was a large utopian idea with no practicality, he did nothing to prevent the atrocities of surahbardi and let bengal suffer, he indulged jinnah and  stoked Ego of Nehru, he marginalised subhas bose and forced  him to give up his right ful position as congress president to satisfy Nehru, else things would have different.

As a man he had his failings, and because of the influence he had, his failings have had bigger impacts.
However it is not wise to bring his personal life here according to me. His personal life is rife with controversies and there can be an altogether different topic and i rather not discuss anyones private and personal life.

All said and done, we cannot ignore his contributions , he definitely set a separate and different path. Although now , when i am no longer an innocent school child, i can not say he is the father of the nation.

TO those who say things are not mentioned in school text book, please do not trust them blindly.