Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective: Logic that follows emotions... (Page 12)

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sush-

He has become a beast one can still LOVE.    

I agree --- he's still the show's most interesting character. I don't say this as a Sobti fangirl although Barun is droolworthy, but that alone wouldn't cut it for me. The trouble is that the writers have topped the balance so much in Khushi's favor in terms of what's right and wrong. The draw for me with the show was that was never the case earlier. Khushi had a fair share of quirks, she was a busybody but cute with it. 

Now she's a wife that does no wrong, an ideal sis-in-law, an ideal sister --- ideal characters aren't as interesting. To top it all off she's the victim of sexual abuse from Shyam and has no one to turn to for help. How much can you weigh down one character? It's not just the misunderstanding that is the problem. I get the need for drama and plot progression with that. It's that the weight of that crisis is making Khushi a punching bag and that's depressing and not fun to watch. Or at least it's changed quite dramatically hat really made the show spark for me. 

ETA: Jamba Hug . Just saw your post. Now you know I'll blame you for my notes languishing! Wink I think the MU is less of a problem if Khushi had an greater share in furthering it.  But they're determined to deify Khushi and put ASR on the path of deep remorse and grovelling. That may be just in terms of outcome, but I don't know if it'll be fun to watch. 

Edited by docgirl - 08 April 2012 at 8:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSoShy-Jamba--Sush-sbk2-Vee05-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Sheila and Jamba ... I couldn't agree with you more that the show was more fun to watch with the dynamic between the two of them...out of sheer personality clashes...without other characters like Shyamu weighing in...even though there has been another MU...right in the beginning...when ARnie thought she destroyed his fashion show on purpose...

This Current MU with Shyamu and the sexual abuse angle has really made the story too heavy...Dragged it down to a place that is not even fun...The balance has been shifted,...lost...

I still think it is due to the Cvs (probably Gul's) obsession with Sehr E Dil Ke Drawaaze story ...that they keep trying to insert ...in an otherwise quite modern and nterestng story...without that...

I don't understand the obsession with a plot that is not even original...

The thought that this was the original story makes my heart sink...It is too regressive...

Edited by -Sush- - 08 April 2012 at 8:28pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSoShydocgirl-Jamba--Vee05-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
@ Sush... they've had other MUs but those were all because of their prejudices and blinders, not because of an external influence. In fact ASR is responsible for that Fashion show fallout that lead to Khushi meeting Shyam, so in many ways he's dug his own grave. That made it interesting...

This MU is awfully contrived --- it needs too many silly crutches to exist. I would be ok with that if Khushi had more agency in furthering it - if she was less of a victim. Instead they continue to beatify her and we'll all be rooting for Arnav to suffer deeply to redress the balance and earn his way back to her heart. That's a lot more cliched and uninteresting to me. 

As for the Pakistani novel, it may have been an early inspiration and I get that. But after 200+ epis and the sort of popularity the show has seen, it has outlived its utility. Time to stick it way back on the shelf it came from and forge a new path. The fact that women like us who aren't the typical soap audience are hooked to the show seems like a opportunity not to be squandered. Despite all the terrible romance tropes and horrible production values, we're here becuase the ArHi dynamic was set up to be novel and one that captured the imagination. Arnav and Khushi were their own best friends and enemies in their relationship. I fear we've lost that spirit forever! Cry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePomme-Jamba--Sush--Vee05-

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
I wanna join the Sunday night party tooo !!!!! LOL

So I was thinking about this on my flight back from Chicago (Yup apparently this show is consuming me slowly!) why did they not just send them to Mumbai on their honeymoon? Um they already are in Mumbai so the cheapy PH wouldnt even need to do anything major just show them going on a Fieldtrip photo shoot to Hanging Gardan oops I mean Garden...Confused

I also still call their marriage a Situation...there is nothing relationship like yet...they only say I hate you to each other...the day they say I Love you to each other I might faint or cry I havent figured that out yet Embarrassed

This MU is barfworthy...ehhh regardless of what Arnie thinks if any other woman touched or looked at my husband who I loved a lot (even if he didnt feel the same about me) I would be punching the living daylights out of her! One sided love is okay t feel, show and respond to personally...he needs to explode and for that matter I dont care who Khushi is trying to protect she needs to really just kick Shyam in the nuts the next time he touches her regardless of situation. The guy is just out of control and limits. Dead

Edited by vee05 - 08 April 2012 at 11:58pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SoShy-Jamba--Sush-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
aww Vee, welcome to the pity party on Sunday nite! I'm making very slow progress on my notes that I need to have done before I see patients tom Tongue, but it's fun to hang with you chicas. 

Vee, the interesting thing is that not one of us here, I'd wager to say,  would put up with the sort of nonsense that Arnav dishes out. But still in the early epis Khushi was at least his match in terms of sheer cussedness.

I'm actually less troubled by the fact that he's terrified of confronting Khushi with what he knows for fear that the ugly confirmation will be more than he can bear. Men can be emotional cowards, I think women are way stronger. My hubby is putty in the hands of a woman who turns on the waterworks - I'm way tougher! I think we're meant to buy into the idea that the heart wants what it wants --- however soul destroying that may be. A pretty concept in drama and fiction, not sure many of us here (self sufficient women with agency) will ever accept that notion for our lives. 

As for the sexual abuse, that's a complex one. Women who are victims are often paralyzed and unable to act. Not sure that that's the line they want to cross with Khushi, who's generally spunky and spirited,  but it's hard to insist that she cope when a lot of the evidence suggests otherwise. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePomme-Vee05-

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

aww Vee, welcome to the pity party on Sunday nite! I'm making very slow progress on my notes that I need to have done before I see patients tom Tongue, but it's fun to hang with you chicas. Hahaha I had to work...um but thats what tomorrow is for right? I just cant convince myself to open my work laptop and get anything done. ANother week from sheer hell awaits me bright and early Monday morning.Cry

Vee, the interesting thing is that not one of us here, I'd wager to say,  would put up with the sort of nonsense that Arnav dishes out. But still in the early epis Khushi was at least his match in terms of sheer cussedness. I think the wrter who wrote the initial character sketch is back because this week after a VERY long time I saw the same only Khushi that was there June-Decemberish. Thank god for that because her crazyness was driving me up a flipping wall. Arnie's character has had shades of crazy but overall its been very consistent. 

I'm actually less troubled by the fact that he's terrified of confronting Khushi with what he knows for fear that the ugly confirmation will be more than he can bear. Men can be emotional cowards, I think women are way stronger. My hubby is putty in the hands of a woman who turns on the waterworks - I'm way tougher! I think we're meant to buy into the idea that the heart wants what it wants --- however soul destroying that may be. A pretty concept in drama and fiction, not sure many of us here (self sufficient women with agency) will ever accept that notion for our lives.  You are right here men are made of wax they melt so quickly its pretty cute and funny. I have to shed to fake tears and I have mine wrapped around my pinky. But then I guess any guy would be petrified at knowing the girl hes in love with doesnt feel the same about him and feels that about another guy but as an audience its frustrating I guess knowing everything about the story I wanna just shake them hehe. Ah I luurrrveee fiction so much its nerve wrecking on some days right? Geek

As for the sexual abuse, that's a complex one. Women who are victims are often paralyzed and unable to act. Not sure that that's the line they want to cross with Khushi, who's generally spunky and spirited,  but it's hard to insist that she cope when a lot of the evidence suggests otherwise.  But she hurt him in the kitchen I dont see why she cant just carry Mace! Just spray the damn creep Angry

Edited by vee05 - 08 April 2012 at 9:33pm

docgirl-Sush-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
@ Vee: hahaha... it's a good thing we know exactly how to get our way with the men in our lives! LOL

I hope you're right about getting the old Khushi back, bcos the prospect of banshee Khushi showing up Monday doesn't inspire confidence Wink . 

Khushi is on that seesaw with Shyam, no? One moment spunky and full of purpose and the next helpless at his brazen advances. This is the problem with the MU --- it's full of holes and needs all sorts of contradictory plot points to keep it afloat. 

And now the hubby has sounded the clarion call to shut down laptops, so I'll say good nite. Until tom for more fun discussion. Big smile

-Sush--Vee05-

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 7:26am | IP Logged
I wish I had not see todays SBB now I am annoyed! Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

premparbat

Go to top