Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective: Logic that follows emotions... (Page 11)

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Hiya Sush, lazy Sunday evening out here and it is back to work reality tomorrow!

Over the weekend I was catching up on some of the posts in IF and needless to say we have some wonderful writers out here. One of the posts that I really enjoyed is an OS piece written by @mommmia. It is about Khushi being wooed by Arnav. I always was thinking about that plot as part of Arnav's RTR and it was really nice to see this OS in that regard. That girl really deserves to be wooed and treated well (albeit  late) and I hope we get to see some of these play out in IPK

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2922605&PID=55498433&#55498433

Sri

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirl-Jamba--Sush-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Contd

Sheila...you are a tough one to please...but I think I Know what you mean...the element of surprise is always a good thing for a story...

Rag1ni...Yup...the shyam thread thing was so nothing like many of his other clues are...Daljeet should have an issue with this much dumbness for ANjs character...

Sri...thanks for the OS link...I try not to read fantasy..., raises expectations...and usually leads to disappointment with the real track... Big smile

Edited by -Sush- - 08 April 2012 at 7:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirl-Jamba-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
hola sush and anyone else peeking in with sunday evening blues Unhappy . Trying to finish up some notes I need for work tom morning and of course I find ways to procrastinate by showing up at the forum. Big smile

A quick look see at the thread titles seems to suggest some spoiler action this week - didn't stop to check deets, I try not to get caught up in what lies ahead. For the same reason that I tend not read FF. Like you Sush, I feel like it raises expectations ---- prefer to take the story as it is being told. 

Sush, I was thinking about my reactions to Friday's epi... it came as a bit of a surprise to me, coz the epi did pave the way for the story ahead. Of course I'm bloody minded and tough to please so maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise! Wink  . That said, ever since the wedding happened though somehow the story doesn't seem quite as appealing to me. 

There was something about the early epis right down to the big terrace scene  that was charming and interesting in the way the ArHi relationship was developed - two strong minded stubborn individuals absolutely convinced that each was right overtaken by an attraction that they struggled to understand but couldn't escape. He was brutal emotionally (the physical cruelty I always hated and never saw the reason for in the story; the plot didn't need it!) and she was an annoying, interfering ninny who couldn't keep her nose out of his business. But when when he looked at her you could see his vulnerability and she was his sunshine and lightness. Subtle it was not but  it was complex and fun and had a sort of irresistible appeal. 

Then the big reveal with Shyam happened and everything seemed to go downhill - Khushi became a sort of martyr, cruelly imposed upon, abused and trampled on. ASR became the bitter perpetrator of pain and cruetly. Somehow the balance that existed  between where they were both responsible for the way the relationship seesawed disappeared. It's so loaded in Khushi's favor in terms of goodness and so much against ASR. I guess that's been killing the fun for me a bit - I liked the balance and the ambiguity in terms of whose door to lay the blame. 

So last Friday comes the epi where they set up a host of plot points for the future, and somehow it hits an even lower pitch for me. There's no fizz, no excitement - it feels absolutely flat. Oh well, I wonder if the highs the show hit earlier emotionally and in terms of interest are it and I won't sense that again. Now the IPL has begun and that spells doom for all other entertainment, so I'm wondering of the misunderstanding will get dragged on until the end of May when the IPL ends and it's safe to unveil new twists in the story in a bid for ratings glory. Let's see... Now I guess I absolutely must get my notes done! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSoShy-Jamba--Sush--Vee05-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Sheila ...I think I can understand where you are coming from...   Felt the same until a point about Arnie really going to the bad side...and KHushi being the martyr...That wasn't too great...when I thought Arnie crossed the line of being decent...

But after they cut the outside sleeping crap...my anger towards ARnie disappeared... Think now they are back to personality clashes and ego clashes...ARnie wanted to apologize but in his egotistic manner ...which didn't work...Yes...they still have him very dark...and unreasonable at times...but his reactions are not offensive...to me any more...they are a result of his personality...   

He has become a beast one can still LOVE.    

Edited by -Sush- - 08 April 2012 at 7:47pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommepurplenpinkSoShydocgirl-Jamba--Vee05-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

hola sush and anyone else peeking in with sunday evening blues Unhappy . Trying to finish up some notes I need for work tom morning and of course I find ways to procrastinate by showing up at the forum. Big smile

Sheila - the notes will take care of themselves - Sunday evening calls for an IF break! (Yeah, I know - I'm a terrible influence Embarrassed)

There was something about the early epis right down to the big terrace scene  that was charming and interesting in the way the ArHi relationship was developed - two strong minded stubborn individuals absolutely convinced that each was right overtaken by an attraction that they struggled to understand but couldn't escape. 

You nailed it. These two never needed a third party to assist or destroy their budding relationship. That's why it clicked - there was never any interference, and it was just about two people finding their way toward each other and stumbling a lot along the way. This whole MU takes it down several notches to dusted off, reused cliche. Confused

Now I guess I absolutely must get my notes done! 

Yeah, right - good luck with that! LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SoShydocgirl-Sush--Vee05-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sush-

He has become a beast one can still LOVE.    

I agree --- he's still the show's most interesting character. I don't say this as a Sobti fangirl although Barun is droolworthy, but that alone wouldn't cut it for me. The trouble is that the writers have topped the balance so much in Khushi's favor in terms of what's right and wrong. The draw for me with the show was that was never the case earlier. Khushi had a fair share of quirks, she was a busybody but cute with it. 

Now she's a wife that does no wrong, an ideal sis-in-law, an ideal sister --- ideal characters aren't as interesting. To top it all off she's the victim of sexual abuse from Shyam and has no one to turn to for help. How much can you weigh down one character? It's not just the misunderstanding that is the problem. I get the need for drama and plot progression with that. It's that the weight of that crisis is making Khushi a punching bag and that's depressing and not fun to watch. Or at least it's changed quite dramatically hat really made the show spark for me. 

ETA: Jamba Hug . Just saw your post. Now you know I'll blame you for my notes languishing! Wink I think the MU is less of a problem if Khushi had an greater share in furthering it.  But they're determined to deify Khushi and put ASR on the path of deep remorse and grovelling. That may be just in terms of outcome, but I don't know if it'll be fun to watch. 

Edited by docgirl - 08 April 2012 at 8:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSoShy-Jamba--Sush-sbk2-Vee05-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Sheila and Jamba ... I couldn't agree with you more that the show was more fun to watch with the dynamic between the two of them...out of sheer personality clashes...without other characters like Shyamu weighing in...even though there has been another MU...right in the beginning...when ARnie thought she destroyed his fashion show on purpose...

This Current MU with Shyamu and the sexual abuse angle has really made the story too heavy...Dragged it down to a place that is not even fun...The balance has been shifted,...lost...

I still think it is due to the Cvs (probably Gul's) obsession with Sehr E Dil Ke Drawaaze story ...that they keep trying to insert ...in an otherwise quite modern and nterestng story...without that...

I don't understand the obsession with a plot that is not even original...

The thought that this was the original story makes my heart sink...It is too regressive...

Edited by -Sush- - 08 April 2012 at 8:28pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSoShydocgirl-Jamba--Vee05-

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
@ Sush... they've had other MUs but those were all because of their prejudices and blinders, not because of an external influence. In fact ASR is responsible for that Fashion show fallout that lead to Khushi meeting Shyam, so in many ways he's dug his own grave. That made it interesting...

This MU is awfully contrived --- it needs too many silly crutches to exist. I would be ok with that if Khushi had more agency in furthering it - if she was less of a victim. Instead they continue to beatify her and we'll all be rooting for Arnav to suffer deeply to redress the balance and earn his way back to her heart. That's a lot more cliched and uninteresting to me. 

As for the Pakistani novel, it may have been an early inspiration and I get that. But after 200+ epis and the sort of popularity the show has seen, it has outlived its utility. Time to stick it way back on the shelf it came from and forge a new path. The fact that women like us who aren't the typical soap audience are hooked to the show seems like a opportunity not to be squandered. Despite all the terrible romance tropes and horrible production values, we're here becuase the ArHi dynamic was set up to be novel and one that captured the imagination. Arnav and Khushi were their own best friends and enemies in their relationship. I fear we've lost that spirit forever! Cry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePomme-Jamba--Sush--Vee05-

Go to top