Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective: Logic that follows emotions... (Page 10)

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jamba111

Personally, I think the bigger issue is the insane schedules they have - not the paychecks. These guys shoot each epi on a day by day basis - to be aired the next day. There's no episode bank built up, which is completely NUTS.Confused

For daily soaps in the US, the scenes are shot about 6 weeks before they actually air. This allows the actors to have some semblance of a normal life like 5 day work weeks,  vacations, allowances for sick days, etc.

The best example I can think of is when SI lost her voice during that confrontation scene after the wedding. If this had been shot well in advance, they would have had time to allow her voice to recover, and then dub the scene, as opposed to having to use a stand in voice Confused

Until production values improve on Indian soaps, we're going to continue seeing the use of body doubles, stressed out actors and shoddy editing. 

I think that can only be combated with trust in their storylines, which honestly no PH has because its all about the TRPs. And to be fair, their schedules are crazy because of us, we go crazy every time a BD shows up. I'm sure so do other show fans like Bade Ache Lagety's, but Ekta just ignores it. She focuses on the actors in that case.

I can see the aprehension here with the PH, given the show and PH is new, but its going to be a year now, and they've made really good shows in the past, so I'm hoping once this track ends, they'll get a better grip. They don't have to OD on mushy A-K scenes, in fact even with the RDR we don't have to see just 20 mins of A-K. They can start moving it around. I feel selfish for enjoying 20 mins of footage of overworked actors, I have a super busy lifestyle with very little sleep and I get cranky, but I do get my weekends for some rest, something these two don't get. And its probably more stresful for him because he's still newly-married and would like to spend more time with his wife and at home. Sanaya still lives at home so its a little bit easier for her, but still, overworked actors needn't be daisy fresh 24x7 and the moment they're not, it'll reflect on their work onscreen...  Like Barun's eyes last week, it did look like he had pulled multiple all-nighters!

And US shows have like a min of 15 main characters, so they can switch multiple storylines in a week... This show has 4 main characters and they focus only on the 2.. so its definitely harder.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommespsharmila-Jamba--Sush--Vee05-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
I will say again...I feel the creatives have even a harder challenge than the actors...They have to pull it together...I am directing a small play...nothing close to putting up a production like this...and even that needs so many details to be thought about...From the scene to the lines to the sets to the costumes...in their case, also the camera...the back ground score, the character sketch, the  demand to keep it entertaining for a wide range of audience and so on...

It ain't easy...Most of the creatives ( I am sure) don't even get recognized like the actors...or get paid like them...

But then again...it is not one person...who does it ...it is a team of individuals...still can't deny the work is not a small one...and a lot of management skills are needed...beyond the creativity.

All said and done...I still think Sanaya's stylist has no excuse...He/She has to execute just one ofthose numerous task I emntiond...that is to make Khushi look good...and I feel he/she is completely failing at that task...

Edited by -Sush- - 07 April 2012 at 9:34pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePomme-Appy-sugar_babe-Jamba-showstruckbikeriderDiamondLife-Vee05-

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
sush me very late this time Cry

did not read fully but some random posts.

the ipk is finally back to the point why i liked it in the first place. and 4th promo in full swing. but it still lacks the intentisty i had scene it in the promo which is of course quite natural .

i still feel that they are keeping sanaya's beauty under wraps for future track  LOL
the mighty ASR has fallen for KKGSR not for her beauty but a whole package deal Wink

i so agree with you CVs and creative team always gets less credit compared to the actors. but thats how it works

Cvs job are never easy but i still feel that SP should take a risk and go ahead with story  rather than getting influenced by the TRP

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePomme-Appy-showstruckpremparbat-Jamba--Vee05--Sush-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Ah - I see the Sat night (or early Sunday morning for the night owls) hangout is now open Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

premparbatshowstruck-Sush-

Simran234 Goldie
Simran234
Simran234

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
I was so happy with the episode, I can't describe it! I am so happy that they are finally showing Khushi as mature and independent. I love the fact that now she refuses to be the victim and does want he wants, which is to go away from him. I actually want him to learn it the hard way and I can't wait for the day when she walks out and he repents it!

Simran :D...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sush-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged

Ah - I see the Sat night (or early Sunday morning for the night owls) hangout is now openWink

Ha ha...have my office lap top + my iPad + DVD going on at the same time...Trying to catch up on some recent Hindi songs, while putting a presentation together...so far DON2 and Mausam seem to be the most catchy ... Big smile

Edited by -Sush- - 07 April 2012 at 10:37pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Jamba--Vee05-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sush-

Ah - I see the Sat night (or early Sunday morning for the night owls) hangout is now openWink

Ha ha...have my office lap top + my iPad + DVD going on at the same time...Trying to catch up on some recent Hindi songs, while putting a presentation together...so far DON2 and Mausam seem to be the most catchy ... Big smile

Multiple monitors - Sush! Am pretty much in the same boat - spending Sat evening catching up on work email on one monitor, and the IPK uncuts streaming on the second (the early days)

Am up to the Teej episode so far - just as long as I don't wind up sending an email to my boss addressing him as Arnav Wink

premparbat-Vee05--Sush-

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 07 April 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sush-

London Paris New York, agneepath, agent Vinod, ladies vs Ricky bahl has some good music too Smile

docgirl-Jamba--Sush-

Go to top