Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

When a man loves a woman, he neednt be Devdas (Page 2)

ASRism IF-Dazzler
ASRism
ASRism

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
@JW as usual wonderful post

Yay,..I am so happy watching today's episode. This is what we want.

Barun was rocking today portraying various kinds of emotions..take a BOW manClap. I so loved when he initially said NO to Nani and later obeyed her in order to make her happy. Same is the case with Anjali...how fortunate to have a brother like that. Wonderful. Yippee.ASR is back to business.

BS in 4 outfits..I am in heaven already Day Dreaming

And also Sanaya rocked today with her performance even though episode was of Barun's.

You are so right about below two.

a) You don't need such a contrived situation to know where keys are kept

b) Where is HP

What's with sacred thread.. Forum ppl have written so many predictions, OS, FF's what not...LOL..and what did CVs do Tai tai phishThumbs Down... Still I feel that thread going in hands of Anjali may be..may be..I don't know..dimaag kyon use karni chahti hoon yaar mein

Chao..

Edited by savvy76 - 06 April 2012 at 12:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazyJWMRK

Arnav_Fan Senior Member
Arnav_Fan
Arnav_Fan

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JWMRK

HurraayyyBig smile

Reason no 10: Barun Sobti in all of the above avatars.liner (From the attitude to the sleeping on the recliner in the most babyish way...awwDay Dreaming), to the subtle hand movements when he steps out of the bathroom when Khushi is not arount...subtle, everyday mannerisms...WOW...Barun excellent portrayal of the many moods above...and the cheery on top...the absolutely tender expressions during the Rabba Ve...loved youEmbarrassed

When a man loves a woman, he needn't become a Devdas
A lot of times I wonder when everyone is busy trashing ASR why do I like him so muchEmbarrassed...is it just because he is handsome...or because he is enacted so wonderfully...no ...it is becuase ASR is as real as me...with all the failings, all the shortcomings...all the warts that real people like me have

Yet ASR is someone who surmounted all odds to provide for his family...who loves each and evry member there...no matter the self absorbing atrocities they throw at him (save for now only AkashClapClap) ...who has not one episode in his life colored all other functioning...who despite what he has seen ...time and again...is yet where he was when he first fell in love with Khushi...just a regular guy who felt love and wanted to cherish itEmbarrassed
JW

Hi JW:

Lovely post!!! Clap

Loved all your reasons. Great to see CVs moving towards recapturing the life and soul of IPKKND. Yes, I never quite understood the literary fascination with characters like Devdas whom I consider emotionally weak and somewhat cowardly (sorry if I am upsetting someone out there who may love Devdas. This is my take of fictional character). I always thought Sarat Chandra had more affection for his female protagonists - be it Paro, Chandramukhi, or Lolita of Parineeta. In fact Shekhar of Parineeta was another example of guy in love who was emotionally weak, it was Lolita who was the strong one.

Therefore, it was quite a treat to get a character like ASR on TV, that too on daily Indian serial who was strong and flawed. And yes, even though he does shy away from emotional confrontations in front of people, he does confront his emotions. The people he loves, he loves them unconditionally. So I also hope that he won't be turned into a Devdas or Majun down the line when MU clears, and Khushi (based on spoiler from Zee) leaves/does not forgive him.

Cheers.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazyserendipity235JWMRK..Apz..

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Parsha

Nice!!!

hey thanksSmile
Punkin22 IF-Rockerz
Punkin22
Punkin22

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Very good and well written post...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

-CoolChick- IF-Sizzlerz
-CoolChick-
-CoolChick-

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:58am | IP Logged
hey J...dat was one helluva post !!!!! StarClap

loved it to bits !!Clap

n loved today's epi as well...of all the times i cringed seeing the nonsensical CAAMEDY...this was the perfect way to end the week...on a HIGH...!!! ClapClapClapClap

Well Barun as always leaves us awestruck and spellbound by his power packed performance...n today he was just on FIRE with the varied emotions he displayed...EmbarrassedClap it'll be really tough to see him during redemption, bcz this guy just puts in tooo much in emotional n intense scenes...CryCryCryCryCry

The only complain i have from CVs is dat...like Arnav...khushi shud also go on a redemption path which obviously CVs r in no mood to show coz Naari is alwaz right...n SP has this rishta wahi..soch nayi concept...Angry...but it really wont make any sense for ths one-sided redemption, coz mistakes happened from both sides...so repent shud be from both sides too...:-(

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazysanjanashaikaserendipity235Aerynamisuvprathikri..Apz..JWMRKsunflower52SillyPepper

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
I wholeheartedly agree with reasons 1 through 10.  It was just a showcase of all the shades of ASR.  To tell you the truth I cannot imagine him as a Romeo/Majnu/Devdas type.  He was never one to patronize Khushi.  Ever.  He is the only one who can handle her sanka deviness.  He will definitely lash out at himself for the hurt he has caused her (IN PRIVATE), he will apologize and he will set it right (as he did when he fixed Payash wedding).

I love ASR because he owns his flaws.  This is me, take me for everything I am, and if you are lucky and if I trust you and myself in your presence, I might show you a glimmer of the man I could be if I wasn't busy holding up my family.

He doesn't apologize for his anger, he doesn't apologize for his arrogance, he doesn't apologize for not believing in God.  Love the I don't care about anyone's opinion of me because those who know me, know that I care - give him back love with interest and he will bring you the world.  And I love that it is so directly a foil to Shyam who is such a people pleaser with  a heart of poison.  

Arnav Singh Raizada - man of action, very few words, but his eyes say it all

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

IPKKNDcrazyJordinserendipity235sanjanashaikaAerynDCgirlprathikri..Apz..stardust-JWMRKsunflower52nyxxSillyPepperSunoNa...shybabe

jnsv Senior Member
jnsv
jnsv

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Nice post. fro me reason 11:is belongs to sanaya .ofcourse 2day episode belonged asr/barun n he rocked,  eventhough kushi/sanaya has only 2 scenes but she made great impact on dis episode i have to say.she clearly potrayed d pain of kushi...needless to say she is one of fine actress of al time. ipkknd fans r always gifted by 2 such great leads...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pacsun

in practical life you need "real" men and women...who help nurture you, provide for your homes...earn the bread and chaaawal on your tableEmbarrassed...support their familiesEmbarrassed

For me...they are the men and women one needs around...they are the men and women one should perhaps love...No problem if they have less of passion...what they should have is love, responsibility and a fortitude to be there for others

>>>>>>>

Wow !! I re read this many times...and hit a eureka moment that I too have someone like that in my life...but sometimes, I too get idealistic about the Devdas /Romeo types. But yes, you are right. And maybe is why I am still with this "real" type Smile

Ok back to the "reel" life...YES ! liked ASR / BARUN. Waiting to watch again with subtitles later on.
Had to make a comment cos I loved your post.

I am gonna chew on it .. for more reasons that IPKKND /& ASR.

Thank You O-Wise One Hug

Hiya pacsunHug

you are just being very generous here...Embarrassed

And your first para...am very happy for youSmile...hold on to that pacsun...whan all is said and done...when we wont be looking like beauties...thats what countsSmile

Barun was awesome today...loved him...understated and awesomeClapClap

I appreciate your heartfelt comments...thanksSmile

JW

Edited by JWMRK - 06 April 2012 at 12:04pm

Go to top