Punar Vivah

6/4:Dragon Club:Aarti Puts her Mark in Yash's life - Page 20

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
@Jyo: Yeah, I actually watched the scene again and Arpita asks for shayari and then as soon as Yash starts she keeps cutting him off and finishing the lines. And then she declares that his shayari is old-fashioned and unimpressive. 😕

So from the beginning of their relationship, Yash was in "proving" mode, submitting himself to her wishes, and thus gave Arpita the upper hand, and we don't know whether or not she wanted it that way.

There was also a really interesting dialogue in that FB. Arpita says that there has to be some reason to get married. She asks him what the reason was for him on seeing her picture and what the reason should be for her. Yash's only answer is "acchi lagti hain", which let's face it is not really a substantial base for marriage.

On the other hand, Yash could now much more clearly list the reasons he is getting married to Aarti and the reasons she should marry him are equally clear. All the qualities were always there but his relationship with Arpita helped him define them, as a son, as a father and as a man. Now he is much clearer on what he does and does not have to offer Aarti, while in that scene he was looking to Arpita to tell him what was lacking in him (which she did happily, geez woman!) that could make her say no.

So ironically, Yash is the guy that Arpita seemed to want, only after losing her. I want to call it poetic justice but I don't know if I am allowed, considering she died in the process.

@redeye: I too am thinking that the progression we see is intentional because a lot of the issues they brought up in the pre-release interviews are being addressed now and when you go back and watch them, there are definite, "Ooohh!" moments. They seem to be on a very slow but very deliberate trajectory and frankly, I am not opposed to the pace if the integrity of the characterisation is kept at this level.

@Indu: Yup! Contrary to the image we have of Arpi, Aarti is a girl that likes to "keep it real" (well, in all matters other than Prashant) and I hope she will get Yash doing the same!
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Right Samana. Aarti will reintroduce his own family to him...He is already appalled by some decisions taken by his family. He has been on the lonely wagon for too long...Because of Aarti, he'll come face to face with many realities now. Edited by InduG64 - 12 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: Gurtiluv

I don't know whether it is that Aarti took the time to notice and understand his feelings than stand up against Gayatri. Because from the way Arpita's mom describes her while they sorting kanadyan issue it seems she very much like aarti would voice and stand against something that was wrong. Maybe Arpita and Yash did not connect on a deep emotional level since he fell in love with her picture.

Yup I feel Arpita-Yash connection was more of puppy love ..he saw her photo ..fell for her looks ...and love happens 😆 ...most of his flashbacks showed he is more of spellbound with her looks or gestures or whatever she says ...the deep emotional bonding or a deep friendship type bond was never there between both ..it was more like whatever Arpita said ,Yash accepted it blindly because he was in a trance of her beauty and personality ...he never got the chance to voice his own opinions ...🤔

With Aarti ,it will b different since noone is attracted towards each other's looks 😆 ..they r trying to connect more on a emotional level like reading each other's eyes and helping each other out from getting out of their dilemmas like Aarti helping Yash out from that hand-print dilemma or Yash helping Aarti out from Ansh dilemma ...this kind of bonding was missing in Yash-Arpita relationship as there it was a one-sided dominance came from Arpita's side since I feel Arpita had more maturity in that relationship but now its like both r equals and Yash has grown more matured over the years ...😳

Arpita and Aarti might b same in nature and thats why Arpita's mom could feel Aarpita's presense in Aarti but since Aarti has seen the worst in her past relationship ,so unlike Arpita ,she might not try to b the dominating force in her relationship with Yash but more like a friend to him and so if both feel they r equals in this relationship ,it will work out better in the long run 😳😳
jyoti06 thumbnail
@Samana :That reminds me of Angake's take on few soulmates who comes in someone's life with a purpose but might not stay forever ...Arpita was that soulmate for Yash who changed him ,made him more matured in the process and then went away from his life and today Yash knows his worth and also what all he can give in this new relationship with Aarti 😳😳...May he has learnt it all from Arpita only but his forever soulmate was destined to b Aarti 😳
jyoti06 thumbnail
This one picture on today's SBS says it all ...a bond forever 😳😳😳 

redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gurtiluv

I don't know whether it is that Aarti took the time to notice and understand his feelings than stand up against Gayatri. Because from the way Arpita's mom describes her while they sorting kanadyan issue it seems she very much like aarti would voice and stand against something that was wrong. Maybe Arpita and Yash did not connect on a deep emotional level since he fell in love with her picture.

@gurtiluv: (Bold)  Aah...some insight into Yash's picture fetish 😉... 2 sides of a wall (that I recall) filled with pictures of all sizes...his frequent monologues with these pictures...
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jyoti06

This one picture on today's SBS says it all ...a bond forever 😳😳😳 

A bone-crushing bond..it appears...
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Jyo: Yes! I love how this show has a sense of destiny woven into the whole narrative. It doesn't discount the importance of Yash and Aarti's previous relationships but also weaves the lessons they learned into what makes this one so much more guaranteed to succeed in a much deeper way. Aarti and Yash are soulmates now only because they encountered Prashant and Arpita in their lives before. They had to undergo that tragedy to make them connect. So in a way Arpita and Prashant were soulmates too, just ones that were meant to pass quickly, as Angake and Indu so beautifully described a few pages back.

And it is interesting that you should point out the similarities between Aarti and Arpita. Maybe Aarti was also quite dominating in her relationship with Prashant, not in the literal way that we see Arpita being, but in a more passive-aggressive way, where she would get what she wanted because he was too tired to argue with her. And this went on until Prashant felt suffocated and Nida became his escape route. Her relationship with Prashant and more importantly his recent reality check for her, may have broken that streak in her and make her more open to building something from scratch rather than trying to impose her expectations on it. I had written that post about listening a while back and in the hand print scene, for the first time, Aarti listened to Yash's silence and acted accordingly. That is one of the reasons the scene was so powerful.

On Yash's, it is Arpita's loss that has given Yash this new found power in his family, as redeye discussed, and perhaps he was not in the same position to help Arpita for this reason. So now because of the power of his word in the house he will be able to better help Aarti, as he already has.

But Yash is so perceptive as we see him. That is one of his biggest character traits. Was that lost in the Arpita-nasha? Why would he not be able to see if she was having issues? Or is this again a trait he developed after her loss, with a conscious mind to do better?
InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Jyo: Loved your take on what actually was missing in Yash-Arpita relationship.👏 Yes, Arpita and Aarti might be similar in nature, but their personal experiences being different, their respective approaches  to relationships would be different. It will be interesting to see how the creatives slowly wean Yash away from Arpita and make him fall more deeply for Aarti...In their relationship, I feel there will be more visible changes in Yash compared to Aarti.

@Red: He does have a picture fetish, doesn't he? There's such a visible desperation there to cling to the past, while all that is required is to embrace her memories and move on. And to move on, he needs to remove the pictures from the bedroom and display them elsewhere...the kids' room, living room, corridors, anywhere but the BR. The shrine has to go...period. 
jyoti06 thumbnail
@Samana :Its more like there were few mistakes committed by both Yash and Aarti in their first relationship and so destiny has given them a second chance again to learn from their previous mistakes and make this relationship a better and forever lasting one 😳😳

Yup Aarti definitely was also a bit dominating in her relationship with Prashant where mayb she wanted things going her way like wanting a joint family ,homely atmosphere whereas Prashant had different dreams ...

So in this new relationship both Yash and Aarti will try to give equal space and freedom to each other and try sharing their views with each other 😳