India-Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai
Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Are we at fault? (Page 10)

xenots Groupbie
xenots
xenots

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Well, I think the main reason why audiences prefer drama/negative/separation tracks is that the unpredictability and masala in these serials is what people lack in their own life.Most people today are reduced to functioning machines.. And characters doing something wrong on TV gives audiences the comforting thought that they are, after all, not super humans but ordinary mortals like them and gives them a reason to hide behind their own shortcomings...the 12th March episode uproar was the result of the hypocrites actually wanting to do something like that but due to their own shortcomings, unable to do so and then labeling it as vulgar and questioning its moral impact on people..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pink27chitlonerjakther7

chitloner IF-Rockerz
chitloner
chitloner

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xenots

<font size="4" color="#0000cc" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Well, I think the main reason why audiences prefer drama/negative/separation tracks is that the unpredictability and masala in these serials is what people lack in their own life.Most people today are reduced to functioning machines.. And characters doing something wrong on TV gives audiences the comforting thought that they are, after all, notsuper humansbut ordinary mortals like them and gives them a reason to hide behind their own shortcomings...the 12th March episode uproar was the result of the hypocrites actually wanting to do something like that but due to their own shortcomings, unable to do so and thenlabelingit as vulgar and questioning its moral impact on people..</font>

Clap clap Xenot. We proudly say we have watched it nd we dream abt something like that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jakther7

jineejiggs IF-Sizzlerz
jineejiggs
jineejiggs

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged
People want not drama but melodrama, rather high voltage drama, but does that really matter to us  who watch BALH, it is a very matured story with all the ingredients in it, it has a story, it has drama and also nok jhonk, may be it does not have any typical saas-bahu masala but still it have all the things, as this is a matured story so the treatment also should be matured one...definitely TRP is important but good TRP does not mean that the serial should have good story, ultimately what matters is story as far as my viewpoint goes...the story will find its own course and it will garner TRPs with twists and  turns coming in... BALH rocks and it will continue to rock with such powerful performances and good story 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pink27jakther7

LalitaLahiri Senior Member
LalitaLahiri
LalitaLahiri

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fosla

This question has been ringing in my mind for sometime now!
Watch all the shows in top 10! Lot of them are absolutely an insult to
The intelligence! But clearly have a reason coz one thing holds them together!
Uncertainty! Whether the female lead would ever be able to win the hearts of
In laws or hubby. Twists and turns however crazy being a life threatening disease
Or a divorce or negativity. While it may not appeal most times to someone like me or you,
That's what the TRP audience wants! That's what the people who unlike us contribute to
The tracking meter like to see! Coz the show has most things in the right place!

That's my question! Are we at fault for crying out loud every time there is a talk abt either the
Word of separation or at any negative track? We don't like to see even 5 mins of the evil trio
Together. But clearly overdose of romance isnt working! We need spice! And it ain't gonna happen
If there are no tracks of misunderstanding or evil plans working.
Can thr forums hold on petitions to actually let the Cvs give what the audience in real world want?
Have the virtual audience(meaning Us) creating the wrong impression?

Your views are highly appreciated!

Angie,

I haven't gone through all the pages...so forgive me if if my points have already been discussed..

TRPs... i don't know how they're derived...online/offline/different countries etc..

But... why do these TRPs matter? Is it ONLY because of advertising? The amount of moolah Ekta can rake in? If that is so, then I think TRPs shouldn't matter for BAHL... see, the advertisers know who actually buys their products... (and im not talking about low cost washing powder...which may remove its product from BAHL cause rural guys masses will not watch it..) .. but with the kind of euphoria BAHL is generating online... why cant these advertisers advertise online and ekta makes money out of it? SRK's last movie... he himself admitted that he profited by way of the merchandise he created...school kids went beserk buying that stuff...

Look at the number of FB pages for this serial...and the mass hysteria... why cant she ncash all that and maintain this as a show for the "classes" ? Why spoil the storyline?

She's anyway winning all awards.If you remember, there was an interview...when Ekta decided to introduce the breast cancer track... there she specifically stated... TRPs dont bother me...  so if that is true, then I think we're unnecssarily panicking... and looking forward to a separation...

I think lets wait and watch...and not anticipate the worst... look forward to the "LOOK" over and over again...Wink

I saw the KBC episode over the weekend and was awed with their chemistry, all over again. I think as long as Ekta keeps that as the base...the chemistry... maybe dedicate last 5 minutes to RaYa exclusively every day and move the story forward in the 1st 15 minutes with the rest of the characters, that should do the trick...

Lalita

P.S. Mitu postive thinkers (creatives for BAHL) have tweeted that monday episode will be a blast... .. hoping they keep up to their words

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26mem1jakther7chitloner

Go to top