Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Are we at fault? - Page 7

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: SriB

Angie, my thinking is somewhat like this.everyone has troubles and problems in life. When they see in serials  that the bahu is suffering to the tortures given by her saas, a bahu in the audience thinks thank god my saas is way better than that, boy I am lucky I am not suffering like her.then when the wife is mistreated by the husband in the serial , wives in the audience think, boy I am so lucky that  my hubby loves me and treats me with respect. So there is a feel good  feeling  that I am better than what these people on tv are suffering.my life is better that I am not suffering like them.thats why these Rona dhona serials have such a following because those who are feeling down feel good about themselves.

Now coming to BALH , only those who have a happy disposition and positive regards towards life will enjoy this show .because they can imagine that good and positive things can also   happen ,the audience are content and secure in their lives that  they want happy and good feel giving shows . Because you are happy , you want others to be happy too.
Those who re going through problems  in their lives while  watching. BALH may think koi bina problems ke kaise  ho sakta hai,only happy happy is total bull . It's because of the phase in life .
Anyway this is just my thinking,my pov why the extreme drama is a trp gainer.
 Wanted to give examples too but already it's too much to read. 

Are yaar Sri  come and share all your thoughts...It doesn't matter in Angie's threads..I for one want to read more ...yes BALH  is a different cup of tea .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: TVserialfreak

@fosla

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š can I call you akka?...happy to know that one of the most serious contributors of this forum is from Chennai - my dream is to see Ram or Sakshi in Chennai and meet them here...in fact I am planning to write an imaginary story of Ram and Priya coming to Chennai...

Kishore.. First tell me how old are you?? Then will make the decision of akka or thangai๐Ÿ˜†

You shld write the story then.. Madraasa suthi paaka vanden types.. it would be a super good read..
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AshuNaik

Agree with ur post Angie.. But BALH is related to reality. The other shows are high on trp's no doubt but its really frustating to watch such things like always leads crying, miscarriage, seperation, divorce etc etc..

BALH cv's i agree should always not show only good things.. They show also have some twists but it should always relate to the reality and should stick to reality only.. So they will not loose the viewers and also more viewers can be attracted..

Absolutely Ashu!! It's frustrating to watch sooo mugh negativity and torture in high TRP shows. But all I am asking for is some twists that would keep us in the edge, We definitely stick to reality for most parts but even real life is nt all hunky dory right. 2.9 to 3 is our loyal base. We need to just attract more viewers!
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pink27

I have a feeling that we are going to get some drama in near future..The current episodes are surly building up for some drama..

Agree'only goody goody sweet saccharine romance between Raya will get boring with time'We ourselves would complain that the 'spark' is missing'we need something sour to appreciate the sweet'some dark clouds to appreciate and enjoy the sun'

Exactly my point dear!

I am game for   some conflict between the two'(they will  for sure never fall out of love with each other)'It would be treat to watch their interactions-the passion-the s**ual tension between the two..viewers would always be under anticipation how each one would behave/react'when the two will patch up etc etc..There would be some heart-touching scenes when they patch up'.Keeping the viewers eager and under anticipation is the key to good TRPS.

This is reality too! People face conflicts in real life and ofcourse the tensions(all fronts!) adds to the interactions. They had enough opportunity to extend it. I guess they wanna wait till IPL gains more momentum to leash their surprises!

Ekta is an old war-horse when it comes to introducing twists and turns and  lifting the dipping TRPS-I think the Trps are fine right now'but since the show has finished the first phase (Raya falling in love and consummation) it would need some drama to carry the story ahead and  to maintain/increase the viewership-Am sure Ekta has some trick up her sleeves. ..

My only request is-

-Handle the tracks sensitively/maturely-keep it realistic as far as possible-no typical OTT melodrama.

-No major butchering of characters'some creative liberty here and there is OK.

-RaYa interaction/romance should not take a backseat'We would like to see all sorts of interactions between the two---conflict filled,  the mature talk, the cute banter, passion filled with some s**ual tension, emotional heart touching ones.Would like to see all the 'Nava-Rasas''..they can be shown  in accordance with changing circumstances/situations as the storyline progresses.

If they show typical BT melodrama-then it would be very repulsive. It should be strictly avoided.

Thats the fear! don't bring up stuff to hike up TRP's and make it OTT and unreal. Maintain the balance and story momentum so that it doesn't look unfit and patched up. I lovd your NAVA Rasas theme. They can always use the melodrama for their masses soap and tweak it for BALH!
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ravichitra

We are being dreamy Anjie. We are actually close to the real world. But it doesnt work in Indian conditions. That is what is pathetic. The people who watch Indian soaps are in general from rural background. The urban background people are either busy with their life or we tend to watch Star World or something like that. Being from Andhra Pradesh, I myself don't get interested to watch either telugu serials or most of the Hindi serials. I prefer something which is real. I prefer watching Rom-Com movies rather than action and drama. I laugh when I see too much of drama. But how many of us, Indians prefer Rom-Coms to drama. We shouldn't feel negative. Let us atleast be fair in the feeling that we don't like rona-dhona which is very very bad for the atomic composition and movement of atoms in your body. Stay healthy, watch healthy and be happy

Chitra

The show has been different and a breath of fresh air. The loyal audience have stuck to the show for the same reason. It is real for most parts. But reality too doesn't give too many happy moments. Iam just asking them to add uncertainty which is very much part of real life too. Yes.. We can watch healthy and stay happy. But a conflict between the leads would only end up in healthier relationship. I don't want them to take the route of the top TRP shows but learn that as a long term drama show, mere happy days are not gonna take us there.
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ravichitra

haye haye Anjie, nee Tamil kutti na?

Aama Aama..๐Ÿ˜†
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sammy_108

it's not that there was nil. drama in balh , there were many, but what lacks is the quality promos alike honeymoon which if i remember garnered good trp's , the epi like the confession track , malfinctn , and many plottngs though small could have been played teasers , like they(sony) do it very good for crime thriller shows on sony , now a days merely any promo is aired before monday ๐Ÿ˜ก and it runs for whole mon to thu. schedule  , even other shows of sony are played during ipl season on set  max ! and cv's know they have such actors who can play anything quite well , even the last part of thu. epi  could be taken as serious issue of raya discussing about their family planning with good promos ! and merely not as a filler epi.  and even the side tracks should be avoided to be stretched too much ! and could be shaped up properly .

Sammy

The lesser said about the promos the better. We are tired of making hue and cry over Sony's marketing and nothing seems to get into the head of those guys. IN US, there are hardly any promos. THE C promo was running till the past week here. Can u even beat that? Angry

With dramas, I think they didn't capitalize the wardrobe malfunction.. Lots of things could have happned post that. But it ended up quite differently than expectations. Yes.. They shouldn't use these as filler episodes but the planning family track should be used effectively.!
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jainneha

i dont care abt  trps this is the only indian show i watch if they show separation and melodrama i will stop waching.

Exactly Neha!! YOu and I are not the TRP audience. Our absence or presence is not making a difference. CV"s should cater to the niche audience but not forget to add twists and turns. It is not a comedy circus for them to do mindless comedy and romance. It is a daily soap needs to be ups and downs. We can always choose to see when it suits us!
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jakther

Agree with u, i also don't care about TRP, but after seeing Thursday episode i m damn sure CVs bring some twist in near future, may be it will be separation track or something else but sure they create something very serious problem b2en RaYA, Did u remember Krishna ji speech? That was Ram ne ah thik nahi kya, uska ek galat faisele ke wasasei Priay ki zindegi main complication bohot khare hone wale hai, aur aane wale waqt main usse kare imtahan se gujarna hoga

Haan.. I remember..That's something we have been expecting for ages now Lakhi!! They have left a lot of open ends. Harry track hai.. Nutz abortion track hai.. Pregnancy track..separation track. Ram's past.Niharika.s truth.. so many are still pending.
fosla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shra28

its true tht people love twists nd turns...i mean much of negatives[xcept us]...but apart from tht as trps are concerned...there were many opportunities where we cud have made place in top 10...[i mean according to recent scenario]...i mean i have noticed 1 thing bout balh ki kabhi kabhi they make a lot of fuss of certain issues or kind of exaggeration about particular topics which amuses the audience nd make them desperate bout the scenes to come...for ex.bhaiduj at sharmas, wat say statue thingy, priya calling ram[honestly i dint like tht much]...nd many more to the list...they talked about it a lot...but wen it actually happend it was like a phusss...matlab kab khatam hua pata bhi nhi chala...it left no mark...  i mean they wud have promoted such tracks...especially the malfunction ...it was a big chance to be in top 5 if it wud have been promoted!

so acc. to my POV its not only bout the high time drama ...cvs are responsible to a gr8 extent...nd also the promotion matters a lot...jab jis chiz ki promotion hona chahiye woh toh hota hi nhi hai๐Ÿ˜ก
thts wat i think!

Shra

That's becoz there was sooo much gap between the scenes. People almost forgot abt it.Statue was talked abt in Diwali and happned post Holi. The potential of wardrobe malfunction was sooo high but it was wasted acc to me.And no promotions just don't help. Sony really has to buck up on promotions. Even their other shows that I have seen ads for seem to be static.