Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Well well well, it's been a while for this one anyway's. I know I wrote at the end of my SS Small Bump that I would be gone for a while, I still will be, but I will just update my fics every now and again. This *might* answer some of your questions so here you go :)

PS: Sorry it's quite short, promise the next bit will be longer x Oh, and haven't spell checked or read through it yet, so sorry :P

Part 2 (Dreams on Fire)

"You loved me once... That should be enough..." His words plagued her mind as she sat at her desk fidgeting with her pen. The rhythmic clicking of the pen soothed her hectic mind leaving her in her daydream until the bell rang signalling the end of the day. "Okay guys, I want a diary entry of your weekend for homework. I'll see you on Monday and have a good weekend." The children replied back enthusiastically as bags were stuffed and chairs were scraped against the floor. She watched as the children filed out of the room; her mind found itself shifting to her own child. 'It's three; Viren-ji will be giving her her medicine, right? Oh, Jeevika, don't worry, Ma is there, she'll look after her properly.'

She picked up the random pieces of loose paper and a few exercise books, stuffing them neatly into her bag. Collecting her mobile and keys from the drawer in the desk, Jeevika made her slow way out of her classroom and through the grassy playing field as the children ran between the large oak trees. The breeze picked up as the air lifted her hair, blowing the free strands across her face. Pulling her fingers through her hair, her momentary blindness alleviated as her eyes caught sight of two figures sat against a tree; a pair of alluring eyes staring right through her.

Viren had his daughter cradled against his chest as the soft sounds of her breathing rose against his. His eyes were fixed on the saree clad beauty making her way over towards him. He mused at her gracefulness as she fiddled with her hair, exposing her neck. He followed the contour of her collar bone, resting his eyes at the base of her throat, an area he knew so well, but looked so empty. He was broken from his reverie by her melodious voice, a hint of nervousness running through her words. "Viren-ji, you're here? What happened to Chandigarh..." His eyes rested on her rosy pink lips before reaching her grey eyes.

"I couldn't leave things between us like that. And besides, I had a question for you." He slowly got up, being careful to not stir the sleeping child. Jeevika's instincts shot up as she placed her hand on Rheya's back, not registering the larger, firmer hand on top of her own. The sudden warmth of the touch shook her, her body convulsing in shivers involuntarily. Retracting her hand, her eyes were fixed anywhere but from his. "It's a proper Indian summer's day and you're shivering?" The smirk playing on his lips left butterflies fluttering in her abdomen.

"What can I do? You were never good for me... We were always opposites." Jeevika's heart sunk for a few moments as she saw the faltering smirk, but faith restored in his complacent demeanour.

"Jeevika, basic chemistry... opposites attract." She turned instantly, not wanting him to see the smile spreading across her lips.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Rheya sat upon Jeevika's lap as she submerged her feet into the Ganga. She let her thoughts drift as the raging torrents danced between her feet. "Blue! Flow-wer. Flow-wwer. Flower." Rheya held a small rose in her hand, placing it between the stuffed arms of the teddy, mimicking her own position on her mother's lap with the teddy bear. Jeevika ran her fingertips through the short strands of Rheya's hair before applying a small kiss atop her head. 'Mummy, Pappa, can you believe how big she's grown? It's been two years already, I know, crazy right?

'Every time I look at her, I see Manvi's playfulness and your love filled eyes; bad days just disappear when I set my eyes on her father's smile. I remember Viren-ji would say how he wanted a complete duplicate of me; that he didn't feel worthy of having his child have a part of him; and I would just pray that: God, please, just give me that smile. I don't know how I could live without it...
' Her eyes glanced to the sudden presence beside her, the playful grin aimed towards the child in her arms.

"You know, before I met you, I thought fairy tales were the stuff of dreams, but then I found mine with you; but... why is it no one ever tells you happily ever afters don't exist?" Viren looked towards the surface of the water, eyes distant and his smile gradually fading. Jeevika turned towards his gaze, spying the floating stick atop the water.

"That's the difference between reality and dreams, Viren-ji... The harder you try to hold on, the greater the pain of letting go; our times been and gone, we both just need to look towards the future.."

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

It was late evening as they pulled up in front of the Chaudhary house; Jeevika's eyes were a buzz from confusion as she caught site of the unfamiliar car parked ahead of theirs. Taking her time to get out of the car, Jeevika made her gradual way towards the veranda, faintly registering the unbuckling of a car seat and the muffled closing of the car door behind her. Readjusting the position of her bag on her shoulder, Jeevika peered into the court yard of the house; the sound of voices quiet in the background. Making her way towards the hubbub of voices, Jeevika's eyes fell on the backs of four figures.

"Arre Jeevika, you're back. Come here, I want you to meet the Sharma's." Beeji motioned towards her, ignoring the confusion on Jeevika's face. Moving towards Beeji, Jeevika stared at the ground, lifting her joined hands softly before gently greeting them. Slowly, her gaze rose to fall on the smiling faces of the Sharma's, quietly uttering under their breaths.

The elder lady stood up, placing her hand on Jeevika's cheek; "Beeji, you're granddaughter is absolutely stunning and what great things we've heard about her." The lady softly smiled before turning her gaze towards Jeevika. "You know Jeevika; we're not the type of people who dwell on the past. We look at what is in the heart."

Jeevika smiled softly as the lady introduced her son, Rohit, who smiled warmly at Jeevika. Her smile faltered as she caught site of the figure of the father of her child slowly receding up the stairs.

Excusing herself, Jeevika took a hold of Manvi's hand leading her towards the open doors. "Mannu, what's going on here?"

Manvi rolled her eyes, wondering where Jeevika's mind was at. "Di, they've come for your rishta; they seem like nice people. Anyways, why are you getting so nervous, this isn't the first time?"

Jeevika fought the urge to scream in frustration shifting her gaze towards the stairs. "Mannu, Viren-ji is upstairs."

Manvi's eyes went wide as Jeevika's anxiety hit her hard. "Di, now what? Err... Di, I'll handle things down here, tell them you're not feeling well or something, but you need to go to Jeeju now." Manvi pushed Jeevika towards the foot of the stairs, giving her sister one final look of dismay before disappearing towards the crowded sitting area. Jeevika took in a deep breath as she started her ascent up the stairs, her heart fluttering uncontrollably. Her heart beat calmed as she gazed down at the sleeping figure of Rheya on the bed before it skipped a beat on seeing the nonchalant figure casually leaning against the rails of the balcony through the windows of her room.

He registered her footsteps on the stone tiles of the balcony; hesitant and slow. "Viren-ji, about downstairs... I can explain-" Jeevika found her back pushed up against the outer wall of the house instantaneously, her body caged in by his hands positioned on either side of her body. Glancing into his eyes, Jeevika found goose bumps forming on her skin as the carnal rage, lust and hurt flashed through his eyes.

"Explain what? What exactly? How you would let my daughter call another man father? You see Jeevika, I can't tolerate that; I won't tolerate that. Another man loving you like me? Never!" His breath on her cheek and the protruding vein in his neck calling for her to touch it and ease his pain was driving her crazy.

"And what about you? Have Rheya call another woman mother. The thought of that Jia touching you, loving you, being with you like I used too; you think I can bear that?" His hands clenched into fists against the wall; his gaze falling on the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest, the pulsing vein in her neck, her parted plump lips to her hazy eyes. He moved his hand to trace the outline of her bottom lip gently as his eyebrows contorted together in confusion. Her breath quickened as he moved towards her; giving in Jeevika closed her eyes in anticipation of his lips on hers. Her eyes flew open as she felt the pressure of his forehead on hers, his eyes scrunched together.

Slowly she lifted her hand to his cheek, gently caressing it as he sighed against her cheek. Holding her hand in its place, he interlocked their fingers whilst slowly opening his eyes; the pain in them clear as her own expression mirrored his. Moving away from her, he gently released her hand before making his way back into the room before gently laying a kiss on Rheya's forehead and disappearing out of the door leaving a hyperventilating Jeevika contemplating on their most recent angsty tryst.

Viren made his way down the stairs and out of the door, not sparing a second look towards the gathering of happy souls in the back of the house. Moving towards his car, he stopped in front of the driver's door, running a hand through his hair. 'Damn it Viren! What the hell?'

Edited by sabeeha - 11 years ago
puneetksingh9 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks so much for the PM!! I absolutelyy loved it and am already waiting for the next part... :)
jenna_p thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the PM...
Amazing...👏
Cant wait for the next part...update soon...
romanticgurl070 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice 
really loved it
cont plz
LoveforRaya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
awesum!!! i want d nxt part to be really soon!! dis one ws awesum!!👏
Virika_EHMMBH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome update... a different angle of virika, pls bring them together as soon as possible and thanks a lot for your PM
pallavi_bs thumbnail
Thanks for m dear
luvly update

Kryanian08 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome loved it, please update soon!!!!😊
Hawa-Hawaii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
firstly...plzz do add me in ur PM list...!!

next...both the parts are fab...thnk god i read both of them at one go...else the anxiety after the first part woul hv killed me...though 2nd part din clear everythng off...but definitely gves a better equation...!!!

Amazingly written...cnt wait for the next part :)
rev4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I just read both the parts and there were awesome.. Please PM me when you update and love the story alot