India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Odd things in JJKN (Page 13)

jademonkey13 Groupbie
jademonkey13
jademonkey13

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Actually tv is a babysitter for most parents and children.

jademonkey13 Groupbie
jademonkey13
jademonkey13

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you but the fact is that tv really does affect how a child behaves. I have done a very thorough research project on the effects of sex and violence in the media on children and there is definite prrof that tv can be a determing factor in chuldrens' lives.
jademonkey13 Groupbie
jademonkey13
jademonkey13

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
It did - if parents were involved in the childs life enough, the tv would not be the one teaching the children. but since they are not, society must pay the consequences
Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 5:00pm | IP Logged

I agree with you,Jade.

Children are influenced by everyone/everything that they come in contact with. Their minds are like wet clay...can be molded easily. Parents have a big influence...but it is just not them...teachers, peers, TV, movies, books have an influence on them too. If they see their favorite actor/actress doing something, they might want to emulate them. Even adults get swayed at times with the stuff they see on TV, movies and shows...Even a well written book can influence an adult.

Yes, it is realistic what they are showing on this soap, but I, personally, do not want them to promote it, to make it look that it is 'okay' or 'right' (now again this has a wide meaning) to have sex before  marriage.

jademonkey13 Groupbie
jademonkey13
jademonkey13

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Thansk Ash Clap
Purabkidewani Newbie
Purabkidewani
Purabkidewani

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
What about Mady then? Is it apt for them to show a gay club and mady with his boyfriend? GROW UP. According to the TAM Ratings, the viewership of kids is very much at its zenith in Balaji telesoaps where everyone has had sex before marriage. That acc to your stands would be criminal to show on television. JJKN is realiztic,Balaji soaps are over the top and downright cheap. Get your thinking right and come back to the century (which ever it is!)  Purabji ki Jai!
Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 5:30pm | IP Logged

Purabkidewani, please curb your emotions and do not pass personal unfavourable (example:Get your thinking right) comments here. You are welcome to post your thoughts, view, opinion. If you have different views, opinions, state those views, and not what you want the person to do.

I do not watch Balaji soaps, so I cannot comment on them. I know for a fact that media has a great influence on people.

About Maddy, yes your are right. It is not apt especially for a Indian TV soap which is meant for all generation. However, whatever episodes I have seen, they haven't come out and said the word 'gay' for Maddy or shown him in or out of bed with another guy, or getting mushy with another guy. 

Purabkidewani Newbie
Purabkidewani
Purabkidewani

Posted: 10 August 2004 at 5:42pm | IP Logged

I was not targetting you personally. I just meant in general that the population needs to get their thining right. What is wrong with that! Thank you for your 'sweet' lecture on forum rules. I will keep that in mind along with the slogan I chant day and night. I see nothing wrong with gay being potrayed on television. It all lies in the way a person wants to see it. to the pure mind everything is pure, to the immoral everything is evil. yes they have shown Mady being mushy with guys. JJKN has always been out of the way show. Purabji is a winner!

Go to top