Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Something related to MNIK performance in India (Page 3)

don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkat

Originally posted by don12

Originally posted by pria4ever

not giving excuses...MNIK didn't get a 100% opening in Maharashtra 1st thanks to Shiv-Sena's threatening SRK-most multiplexes were closed wen the movie was released..then the German Bakery bomb blast...i myself got to c the movie towards the end of the 2nd week,after all the mess was cleared up..

Mumbai forms a major crux in the BO collection, tats one place where MNIK suffered...

Ya its unfortunate that the collections of MNIK got badly affected in Mumbai due to stupid shiv sena

I think you need to thank Shiv Sena. If not for Shiv Sena this movie would have tanked in Mumbai.

Highly over-hyped movie. Curiosity kills the cat well in this case it it brought in the audience to see what was so much hala-goola about this movie.

I feel that My Name is Khan is a really good film. Curious to know why u didn't like it :)

I will give KJo credit because he went out of his comfort zone but SRK killed this movie IMO. Hamming at its best. SRK over-acted. He was very loud. If it was say actor like Aamir Khan or Irfan Khan the outcome could have been very different.

I will not go in detail why i did not liked the movie because there are quite a few reasons and its almost midnight here now and i am lazy to type themSmile. This are the view of another person and i tend to agree with him. I will just copy it over here.

The movie tries to tackle way too many issues: Hindu-Muslim marriage, Divorcee, Muslim stereotypes, Autism, Extremists, etc. In the end, it doesn't do justice to any of them.

The use of Khan and "I'm not a terrorist" phrase in every frame was unnecessary to make the impact.

The writing lost its steam and dragged during the last 30 mins.

The hurricane scenes were completely tacky and defied any logic. The television crew and only the Muslims reach out to help the village and no one else in the world cares about them? Who carries them to the village through the storm and how?

Biggest Flaw of the movie IMO:

The movie that is set out to clear the stereotypes but the movie itself is ridden the sterotypes. Why the security, FBI, police is all so dumb and ignorant? Why are whites bullies (school/shop/motel attacks), and blacks the nicest but poor and overweight? Why the motel owner has to be Gujju?

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:59am | IP Logged

not giving excuses...MNIK didn't get a 100% opening in Maharashtra 1st thanks to Shiv-Sena's threatening SRK-most multiplexes were closed wen the movie was released..then the German Bakery bomb blast...i myself got to c the movie towards the end of the 2nd week,after all the mess was cleared up..

Mumbai forms a major crux in the BO collection, tats one place where MNIK suffered...

Ya its unfortunate that the collections of MNIK got badly affected in Mumbai due to stupid shiv sena

I think you need to thank Shiv Sena. If not for Shiv Sena this movie would have tanked in Mumbai.

Highly over-hyped movie. Curiosity kills the cat well in this case it it brought in the audience to see what was so much hala-goola about this movie.

I feel that My Name is Khan is a really good film. Curious to know why u didn't like it :)

I will give KJo credit because he went out of his comfort zone but SRK killed this movie IMO. Hamming at its best. SRK over-acted. He was very loud. If it was say actor like Aamir Khan or Irfan Khan the outcome could have been very different.

I will not go in detail why i did not liked the movie because there are quite a few reasons and its almost midnight here now and i am lazy to type themSmile. This are the view of another person and i tend to agree with him. I will just copy it over here.

The movie tries to tackle way too many issues: Hindu-Muslim marriage, Divorcee, Muslim stereotypes, Autism, Extremists, etc. In the end, it doesn't do justice to any of them.

The use of Khan and "I'm not a terrorist" phrase in every frame was unnecessary to make the impact.

The hurricane scenes were completely tacky and defied any logic. The television crew and only the Muslims reach out to help the village and no one else in the world cares about them? Who carries them to the village through the storm and how?

The movie that is set out to clear the stereotypes but the movie itself is ridden the sterotypes. Why the security, FBI, police is all so dumb and ignorant? Why are whites bullies (school/shop/motel attacks), and blacks the nicest but poor and overweight? Why the motel owner has to be Gujju?

Interesting views. Personally I think the film got across it's point quite well about how there's only two types of people n the world: good people and bad people.
don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 4:54pm | IP Logged

Interesting views. Personally I think the film got across it's point quite well about how there's only two types of people n the world: good people and bad people.

Fair enough. I know quite a few people who liked MNIK and these people are not SRK fans.

Aamir Khan said in an interview that movies are subjective and rightly so. Everyone has an opinion about a movie and not all people will either love or hate a particular movie.

I have disliked so many movies but they have went on to become Blockbusters. I will say as long as majority of the people like a movie its well n good.Smile

Now i thought Don 2 was far far superior movie to MNIK but i think quite a few people might disagree with my view.Smile

Edited by don12 - 20 July 2012 at 4:55pm
srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged

Fair enough. I know quite a few people who liked MNIK and these people are not SRK fans.

Aamir Khan said in an interview that movies are subjective and rightly so. Everyone has an opinion about a movie and not all people will either love or hate a particular movie.

I have disliked so many movies but they have went on to become Blockbusters. I will say as long as majority of the people like a movie its well n good.Smile

Now i thought Don 2 was far far superior movie to MNIK but i think quite a few people might disagree with my view.Smile

ahaha in my view Don 2 was half of what MNIK was! Smile

Go to top