Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Oh yay! Someone copied my work too! (Page 3)

cmileyfreaky Senior Member
cmileyfreaky
cmileyfreaky

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Originally posted by cmileyfreaky

god i am SO pissed off at these people.
i have an account in deviant  art so i commented and told her to take it down. twice. (i thought the first one hadn't gone through.)
hope she gets it.
pathetic bitch.

BIG THANK YOU! I really didn't want to register and all that. Is this a popular website? I have no clue whatsoever. 

no problem! and yeah, it's popular, but mostly for artworks/photographs. i never knew they had arhi there.
but the rules are probably slacker there since it is an arts website, and the focus is on art.

but i think i kicked her cyber butt. replied to the people who had commented there that she's a good for nothing !@@#$%%^&**(*&^%$#$^!!!!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxine

321abc Senior Member
321abc
321abc

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Hey Vidhya!
 I feel truly shocked, disgusted and upset of this situation as a reader of this ff and other fanfictions of the IPKKND forum.

I cant believe this actually happened, I mean I was reading about some writers being scared to post in case someone else copied their work and I was wondering what are the chances of this happening though and this happened, hopefully the other writers don't face this situation as well. 

I feel really sorry for you, hopefully you are not hurt too much and still continue writing and hopefully someone takes action for your issue. Also I just wish there would be some way of posting on IF where copy and paste is prevented and I think writers should start watermarking their work as well as suggested in the other thread you started about solutions to plagiarism. 

Edited by 321abc - 05 April 2012 at 9:00pm

madmaxine

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madmaxine

god i am SO pissed off at these people.
i have an account in deviant  art so i commented and told her to take it down. twice. (i thought the first one hadn't gone through.)
hope she gets it.
pathetic bitch.

BIG THANK YOU! I really didn't want to register and all that. Is this a popular website? I have no clue whatsoever. 

no problem! and yeah, it's popular, but mostly for artworks/photographs. i never knew they had arhi there.
but the rules are probably slacker there since it is an arts website, and the focus is on art.

but i think i kicked her cyber butt. replied to the people who had commented there that she's a good for nothing !@@#$%%^&**(*&^%$#$^!!!!!!!

I read your comments! You really did kick butt. Thank you many times over. Sending a virtual hug your way now. 

cmileyfreaky

TeriGalliyan. IF-Rockerz
TeriGalliyan.
TeriGalliyan.

FF Graphicer

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
GOD! Not again! Angry
What the hell is wrong with these people?
The name is LOVE or HATE? =O
Gosh!!
Its sicken to know people can come so low.
We are all with you Vidhya! :)

Regards,
<Nisha>

madmaxine

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AngelTeen

I did what you suggested and although didnt find any of my work copied (Thank God!), found the work by a fellow author copied verbatim on another site. Have informed the original author.

This is disgusting!

I am sorry. But I am no longer surprised. It seems to be a very rampant disease. 
AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
I am so frickin pissed right now that I made an account there specially to scream at this good for nothing ass. :s :/

madmaxine

Neemsundari Goldie
Neemsundari
Neemsundari

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

First off Maxine and all of the original content creators,  I'm sorry that your work has been violated. You are understandably pissed! 

To the cheaters and thieves ---- hope god punishes you or if you don't believe in a maker, the universe gets even and gets even good!

Now that I have that off my chest ---- this is a question for everyone. Can't all the content creators use creative common licences? http://creativecommons.org/ . Most Flickr users seem to use them. http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ . It doesn't prevent plagiarism, but at least you mark your work officially. 

Also, perhaps someone with some know-how on this can investigate some kind of software that allows content creators to periodically check if their work has been stolen. Unfortunately I think the content creators will have to do the due diligence. But if it's something everyone can track regularly and easily AND create a stink about anytime it happens, we may see some improvement. 

Moving to a blog is certainly an option, but can't plagiarism happen anywhere? Plus my sense is people like to post on IF for the community and the fact that audience is large, eager and appreciative of original work. 

I'm certainly no expert on this, but figured I'd toss some thoughts out. If they're redundant, I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I do feel for all the folks whose work has been stolen! 

ETA: Just saw Neemsundari's very helpful and actionable post. Much more useful than anything I had to say! 

@bold: though the writers should do this, you're right, it does very little to check plagiarism.

Two things help, re: plagiarism checker: http://plagiarism-checker-review.toptenreviews.com/--- check this for good checkers: I've had people use iThenticate with good results.

A cheaper option is to set up google alerts on your gmail account with specific phrases from your fiction---if it gets copies, you'll get an email in your inbox.

Vidhya, for you and all the co-sufferers of plagiarism, I'd recommend installing the google alert--- it is simple, and free.

Contrary to what people think it is easier to control plagiarism of your work, thanks to google. It is tougher to control folks like one-we-shall-not-name who copied entire stories from somewhere else into IF.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-_-harsh42madmaxine

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 321abc

Hey Vidhya!
 I feel truly shocked, disgusted and upset of this situation as a reader of this ff and other fanfictions of the IPKKND forum.

I cant believe this actually happened, I mean I was reading about some writers being scared to post in case someone else copied their work and I was wondering what are the chances of this happening though and this happened, hopefully the other writers don't face this situation as well. 

I feel really sorry for you, hopefully you are not hurt too much and still continue writing and hopefully someone takes action for your issue. Also I just wish there would be some way of posting on IF where copy and paste is prevented and I think writers should start watermarking their work as well as suggested in the other thread you started about solutions to plagiarism. 

Thank you for the support and concern. 

@Blue: It would take more than a silly little fool who thinks they're being smart by plagiarizing my work to make me stop writing. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lexaxel321abc

Go to top