Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Oh yay! Someone copied my work too!

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Hello lovely forum! 

Another post with reference to Plagiarism. I was just curious to see if my work had been plagiarized and I randomly googled a few words. To my surprise, somebody had! But either they are super lazy or they didn't like the story too much, because I only found the first 6 chapters of Highway to Hell up on that site. I wanted to leave a comment but it wanted me to register and whatnot and I don't have the patience to do all that. I sent an email to their complaint section..let's see if they respond. To their credit, very accurate copy paste job. Good use of ctrl c, ctrl v. Well done. Oh..and even if they take it down..I took a few screen shots for proof. Anyway, here it is: 

http://kika567.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4nlq1z

And here is my work: 

And ignore the rest of my post but read the next 2 lines. 

IMP NOTE: I urge all writers to google a few words from their fics. You'll find out what's happening with your work in a jiffy. 

Sigh. I'm not angry. I'm depressed. And also, my ego is hurt that they didn't copy all 45 chapters. Bleddy hell...least they could have done is copy everything!

OK...seriously. I don't think copying from IF to another website is an issue that can be easily resolved. I think I hear a blog calling. I nurture some very fond ambitions of publishing something one day. Obviously making it easily available on the web ain't the way to go. Or someone else will be publishing it and stealing my million $ royalty checks! (In my head they're a million $ OK!) 

Best
Maxine/Vidhya

PS: OK..so that 2 bit website with those 6 chapters don't account for anything. Barely anyone's read it from what I can tell. But it's the principle that counts. 

PPS: For a post I wrote earlier in the day about what can be done to tackle plagiarism see here

PPPS: For a very good post by Nmyra outlining several issues on hand at IF right now, see here

Edited: Looks like it's been taken down. It says page not found now. Thanks to all the people who put pressure on this person to take it down. You are my heroes! 

2nd Edit: Please go and sign the petition put up by Nmyra here to request a meeting with the head honchos and see what can be done about this and other forum issues. All support is appreciated. 

Edited by madmaxine - 06 April 2012 at 10:09am

The following 134 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjana_kapoorkpk1002Manahil192truth1-1Malnaray08Deepzy1991arshi41-PM4mRonnie-showbhamz.brarmumzalisowjrosalinda92kdkumarsruthirishiqueenie11zuaireahjankisoni86pc17nutsSehnila_shahrinlexaxelsavvzDee-frockstar321abcparit.mansimeluhanJewelsAndLaceT4YY4B4ilovesarunPrasRasAdd123winchfireshaam91-Devanshi-appy_12Glimmermandira1huny.thebestmirnaliniHADmishtiAsmara.pheonix24suadvanioh.petite.oneOrion_NneverbeforekarismaTeleFanprerna31sfanARrenee27pieperrthecraze92inspiringstars-Siaa-adeeti10rockinggirl5OnlookernonasiElectric_BuBBleshwetachauhanhararnavArhiIPKKNDsmileyhug7679nature-lovernareshSVpurplekidnishisparikhwarriorprincessdbr_kmichiKraniSunriseGreenDesai09Rozy77Cute_GalTheCaptain-Shobhu21--Chinky-ipkkndanksharneil92-Dee-littlemoiminimuffin86pinkpearlzYellow.pri12cherry227anjaani07--Siva--RB81Aanya.Water.Krishnaluv94ShiningStar18Nandalala-Garima-bmtdluverzooni.bluedesigirl_18.Euphoria.--drama_queen--prpk525paru_roxAquaBluez17HaRul-loverBunny_Bearshena07zafiRibelleMentalExoticaJerryTheMouseTeriGalliyan.PepsiGirl101SamiyaIPKKNDGayuArnavCravingKhanaserialjunkieNaughtynattyAngelTeennyxx.Saraa.HansaNtinselareeba_blossom-Zara-SublimeSanayaSunoNa...incandescentChitraFdumasprincessunara

--drama_queen-- IF-Rockerz
--drama_queen--
--drama_queen--

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

oh god wat are those ppl??

mentle?
why the f*** do they have to copy ppl?
they just piss us off badly.
why cant they just get a single thing?AngryAngryAngry

Edited by darksydeangel - 05 April 2012 at 8:41pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxine

AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
You have effectively scared me now. Good job. :p

madmaxine

inspiringstars Goldie
inspiringstars
inspiringstars

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
very lousy job at plagiarizing, even the names are the same lol..if u wanna cheat atleast be smart about it!! lol..i am just kidding, and i am not in any way a supporter of this...i absolutely hate people who do not give credit to other people's work!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasimadmaxine

..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
It's high time now that IF must take some drastic steps in this direction otherwise we will lose more brilliant writers

321abcmadmaxine

nareshSV IF-Dazzler
nareshSV
nareshSV

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
I love tht highwy to hell...its so sad to know this...

madmaxine

nyxx IF-Sizzlerz
nyxx
nyxx

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
and they named it love?? Or Hatred?...Uhh wth.

What has the world come down to, Vidhya. All this plagiarism fiasco is quite disturbing even though I dont write anything as such. You writers should add in that [ NOCOPY ] on all your works, so atleast if other weirdos want to copy,theyd have to type it ALL out...and that itself would prevent them from stealing others talent!!

and its funny how she introduced the characters and the story, her english is well...very poor...and then, you read the chapters, audience would surely wonder how can someone write like that, but it looks like there arent much readers there, thats why they've only posted 6 chapters (Your ego is hurt about that?...LOL)...

In all, this is disturbing and sad. Something should surely be done about this. Even if you plan to move to a blog or anything like that, you know Im going to follow no matter what. LOVE HTH!!

Edited by nyxx - 05 April 2012 at 8:37pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovesarunnonasiRibellemadmaxineincandescent

cmileyfreaky Senior Member
cmileyfreaky
cmileyfreaky

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
god i am SO pissed off at these people.
i have an account in deviant  art so i commented and told her to take it down. twice. (i thought the first one hadn't gone through.)
hope she gets it.
pathetic bitch.

madmaxineRibelle

Go to top