Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

HOUSEFULL 2 - 17 Days 100 Crore \m/ (Page 12)

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Just saw the film, since I found Housefull actually funny, I thought this would be too. But really...whata  circus and mess this film was! I didn't find it funny, it kept dragging on with the same joke. Good if the film is a hit though...Akshay needs one so hope he gets it :)

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 06 April 2012 at 3:19pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

Masand: 'Housefull 2' is for four-year-olds

inShare
Email
Print

Cast: Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Ritesh Deshmukh, Shreyas Talpade, Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Boman Irani, Chunky Pandey, Johnny Lever, Asin, Jacqueline Fernandes, Zarine Khan, Shahzahn Padamsee, Ranjeet

Director: Sajid Khan

It's ironic that the funniest joke in Housefull 2 should appear after the film has ended. In the outtakes during the closing credits sequence (if you're brave enough to still be watching!), Akshay Kumar brings Asin to meet his father, a sleazy shrink named Dr Ranjeet Vasna K Pujari, played by yesteryears villain Ranjeet. Inching towards the girl, unbuttoning his satin black shirt, the leering senior mutters salaciously: "Baby, baby, baby!" When informed by Akshay that she's the soon-to-be wife of his son, he instantly retraces his steps, buttoning up again, now muttering "Beti, beti, beti!"

Masand: 'Housefull 2' is for four-year-olds

Housefull 2, directed by Sajid Khan, is 'bigger' than the last film, but not necessarily better. To be fair, you can't use words like 'better' or 'funnier' to compare these films; and asking me which one I preferred out of Housefull and Housefull 2 is like asking me what I'd rather have between a migraine and a hernia. Thank you, but I'll pass.

This lazy sequel recycles the same pedestrian humor we were served the last time round, although the canvas has evidently increased. Rishi Kapoor and Randhir Kapoor are bickering half-brothers Chintu and Dabboo, who're both seeking a rich groom for their respective daughters, played by Asin and Jacqueline Fernandez, who are named what-else-but Heena and Bobby! Ritesh Deshmukh is Jolly, the petrified son of his dacoit-turned-millionaire father JD, played by Mithun Chakraborty; and Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Shreyas Talpade are his buddies, each of whom must assume the identity of Jolly at some point during this mindless film.

Akshay is paired opposite Asin, John opposite Jacqueline, Shreyas opposite Shahzahn Padamsee, and Ritesh opposite Zarine Khan. Before the end of this film, every single one of these characters – and a handful more – lands up at the sprawling home of JD for matters involving marriage.

Director Sajid Khan's gags have no lofty aspirations, they only want a laugh out of you – never mind if your laughter is forced or unintentional. In one scene, an alligator repeatedly snaps at Ritesh's bum, and a python attaches itself to Shreyas' crotch. An equal opportunity offender, Khan directs tasteless jokes at everyone from gays and midgets, to the physically handicapped and the dark-skinned. But the problem isn't that the jokes are rude. They're infantile and unoriginal, and Rohit Shetty's Golmaal films do them better.

Comedy is all about timing, and save for Ritesh Deshmukh who is genuinely funny in many scenes, and Akshay Kumar who gets a few moments to shine, the cast of Housefull 2 largely disappoints, with John Abraham leading the pack as he fails spectacularly in matching his brawny physicality with a surprisingly effete demeanor. The girls – who between all four of them don't possess a single comic bone – have a permanent deer-caught-in-the-headlights expression, and each time they're on screen together you'll feel you're watching an advertisement for collagen and Botox. Even the usually dependable Rishi Kapoor hams it up like there's no tomorrow, his performance more or less reduced to dishing out corny barbs like: "You son of a slimy pseudopodia!" and "You have piles in your brains!"

Housefull 2 is for four-year-olds who don't know any better. For anyone with taste, or anyone seeking genuine laughs, there's nothing here. I'm going with one out of five for director Sajid Khan's Housefull 2. I'd rather watch reruns of his TV shows instead; they were pure gold compared to this drivel!

Rating: 1 / 5

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeeIHeartDeepika.Nkapoor3

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Anupama Chopra's review: Housefull 2
Anupama Chopra, Hindustan Times
April 07, 2012
  Email to Author

First Published: 00:31 IST(7/4/2012)
Last Updated: 01:52 IST(7/4/2012)
Share more...
1 Comment         
Email     print
Sajid Khan's multi-starrer Housefull 2 hits theatres today. Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Zarine Khan, Asin Thottumkal, Shazahn Padamsee and Jacqueline Fernandez are among the dozen stars who feature in the film.
Housefull 2
Direction: Sajid Khan
Actors: Akshay Kumar, John Abraham
Rating: **

Years ago, Karan Johar had joked that the credits in his films could be somewhat altered - instead of saying 'A film by Karan Johar,' it could say 'The same film by Karan
Johar.' I think this would work well for Sajid Khan. Irrespective of what you think of the man and his cinema, you must admire his consistency.

Housefull 2 has exactly the same mix of stars, foreign locations, farcical plot and spectacularly dim-witted comedy as the first Housefull.  This is the cinematic equivalent of junk food - when you walk in, you know exactly what you're going to get.

Several writers, including Khan, have been credited with the story and screenplay but to speak in any serious way about a plot would be a travesty. There are merely random happenings around four friends and their four girlfriends. There are also two warring half-brothers, the Kapoors played by Rishi and Randhir Kapoor, and one ex-dacoit turned NRI billionaire, Jagga Daku or JD, played by Mithun Chakraborty. These various characters are confined to a gigantic London mansion where the farce unravels.

If you are wondering about the quality of humour, here are some sample lines: At one point, a character says, "I got your virgin, I mean version" and "Langoors have my angoors." Another one remarks, "You have piles in your brain." One sequence has Riteish Deshmukh being bit on the rear end by an angry crocodile while Shreyas Talpade's crotch is sucked by a python. In another, item-queen Malaika Arora Khan serenades Chakraborty and Boman Irani. And just when you think you've hit rock bottom, Khan springs a level lower. My vote for the grossest visual is Chakraborty romancing a dwarf maid.

Did I laugh? Sparingly, yes. Ranjeet, Bollywood's iconic rapist, has a fun cameo. But mostly, Housefull 2 was so exhausting that at one point, I grew nostalgic for Rohit Shetty's Golmaal series - another full-blown nonsensical outing but with far more energy than this. However, the actors all look like they are having fun - Akshay Kumar and John Abraham also get to show off some nifty fight moves in a few pasted-on action sequences, which of course have little bearing on anything else. But the actresses are locked into a weird pouting contest. Each one sports lips that seem especially inflated for their close-ups. And the acting is laughably bad - Shazahn Padamsee and Zarine Khan (who inexplicably plays a character named JLo) are the joint winners of the worst performance award.

But then the Housefull crew never promised us story, performances, characters, craft. In an interview to www.glamsham.com, Akshay Kumar said that the film has 'love, letch and lots of adventure.' If that's what you look for in the movies, by all means venture in.

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

My Review

The movie was a laugh riot. yes, it can be mindless at times, yet it rocked and the people in the cinema were doing seethiyan and talliyanClapClap 

Akshay hot as usual and his comic timing just brilliant

Asin and him just complemented one another... rocking jodi.ClapClap

The  others great as well...

whoot whoot...Akshay tussi ho punjabi de shaan

and songs

right now now, papa ji band bajo, and anarkali disco chali  (sukwinder singh great voice) and sundhi tracks as well--- overall rocking music

do you know on my mobile ring tone--shaan and sherya G rocked the track

Overall--------true entertainer total paissa vashool

now looking on Rowdy Rathore which will be mindblowinggg

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by wat_up - 06 April 2012 at 9:13pm
pakeezah IF-Sizzlerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Anupama Chopra liked Golmaal 2?!!! That movie gave me a headache with its

slapstick comedy.

And she is criticizing acting of Shazahn Padamsee and Zarine Khan. Did she actually

go to see 'acting' in a movie like Housefull 2?!!

I normally like seeing her reviews and agree with them but not all the time.

She criticized Anoushkas acting in Badmaash Company and there was nothing

wrong with it, she played a badass girl to the hilt.

Im glad Housefull 2 is doing well. From the promos i loved Asin. and of course

Akshay.

wat_up

nikita_88 IF-Stunnerz
nikita_88
nikita_88

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
I can see this movie doing well this weekend - even internationally considering it is easter weekend! 

Best of luck to it! 

wat_up

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
The girls ' who between all four of them don't possess a single comic bone ' have a permanent deer-caught-in-the-headlights expression, and each time they're on screen together you'll feel you're watching an advertisement for collagen and Botox.
MASAND

But the actresses are locked into a weird pouting contest. Each one sports lips that seem especially inflated for their close-ups.
 ANUPAMA CHOPRA

The girls are all kitted out in make-up that screams for attention, not in a good way: if we are to take Asin seriously, she needs to learn how to use pancake better.
SHUBRA GUPTA

Glamour is not about pancake and fish lips..100 crores or 200 crores..the girls can crow about it forever..but will have no effect on their careers..

-Castiel-

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Gurgaon Top Ten First Days HOUSEFULL 2 Amongst Biggies

Saturday 7th April 2012 09.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Housefull 2 did very well at the high end multiplex centre of Gurgaon on day one as it collected close to 30 lakhs nett and the fifth highest first day collection ever in Gurgaon. The top ten all time first day collections in Gurgaon are as follows.

1. Agneepath - 40,19,815

2. Bodyguard - 36,11,121

3. Don 2 - 32,33,062

4. Dabangg - 29,86,875

5. Housefull 2 - 29,17,877

6. Three Idiots - 27,51,090

7. Rockstar - 26,24,789

8. Ready - 25,59,482

9. Agent Vinod - 24,64,257

10. Tees Maar Khan - 24,12,905

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4252&nCat=

Edited by -Radhe- - 06 April 2012 at 10:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-wat_up

Go to top