Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
I am loving this! This is an answer to all the people who were questioning his star power :)
it is 5 days already and it didnt cross the 60 cr yet and you are talking about star power πŸ˜†
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Housefull 2: Akki's biggest party has begun at the box office

The fiscal starts on a good note with 'Housefull 2' being touted as Akshay Kumar's biggest opening

According to distributors and theatrewallahs, the new financial year has started on a rather good note.

Reason being that they are pleased with the openings Housefull 2 and Titanic 3D have generated over the weekend. 

Pegging Housefull 2's first three days-India net collections at Rs 45 crore, Delhi-based distributor Sanjay Ghai says it's a good enough initial for the comedy that has cost about Rs 78 crore to make, including print and advertising. 

"After a long time, a complete entertainer has come to the cinemas. And the audience seems to be enjoying the film to the fullest. It's Akshay Kumar's biggest opening so far," he said.

Indore based distributor Aditya Choksi says that the film has registered Akshay's highest numbers in Central India also.

"The occupancy is good even during Monday morning and afternoon shows. The way it is going, it should be Akshay's Rs 100 crore earner," he points out. 

Prakhar Joshi, programming head of a national multiplex chain, where the average weekend occupancy was 80 per cent, says.

"An Akshay Kumar film working is good news for us, because otherwise, our balance sheet goes for a toss. 

This year, he has a mixed bag in terms of genre and content. So that should improve our profit and loss table," he says. 

Besides, the producers are believed to have earned R 28 crore from the satellite rights. 

However, veteran trade analyst, Amod Mehra feels there's no hurry to celebrate yet.

"The film has to sustain this week and the second weekend. Because that's as crucial as the first weekend considering the high cost. 

That's when we'll know the exact position, after seeing how much the sub-distributors will recover." 

The other big success of the weekend is James Cameron's Titanic, converted into 3D by producer Jon Landau. 

Ghai tells us that the Hollywood film is running to almost 100 per cent occupancy in Delhi, Punjab and UP.

Joshi adds, "Including the collections from the Hindi dubbed version, Titanic has done over Rs 80 lakh at our multiplex chain across the country." 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: karaan10

it is 5 days already and it didnt cross the 60 cr yet and you are talking about star power πŸ˜†

Well, many people are expecting it to earn 100 cr so it must have a reason right..
The cost is 78 cr. according to the article
Satellite rights: 28 cr.
Music sales: 6.5 cr
Weekend business: 43 cr
Monday business (BOI): 6.5 cr
(28+43+6.5+6.5)= 84.. so they've already recovered the cost of 78 cr. :)

W*F was the movie all about?πŸ˜•It looked like the previous movie with a new cast.The movie might sweep all awards for over actingπŸ˜†
Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

Well, many people are expecting it to earn 100 cr so it must have a reason right..
The cost is 78 cr. according to the article
Satellite rights: 28 cr.
Music sales: 6.5 cr
Weekend business: 43 cr
Monday business (BOI): 6.5 cr
(28+43+6.5+6.5)= 84.. so they've already recovered the cost of 78 cr. :)

oke i get that but without music and satellite business it has to make 78 cr to be average and 90 + to be a hit. so it is a long way to go. i do like akshay but it will be a hell of a job to get this movie a super hit tag.

cost 78cr 

hit 90 cr
super hit 100 + cr
blockbuster 120 cr

edited.😊
Edited by ChaMaila_Kutrea - 12 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
the only good thing in it was john he was so cute. when they girl was shouting on him when he was wearing the lather jacket
i am not if i should post here, but i saw the movie and it was funny... there was no plot, but honestly, i was laughing throughout! 

RowdyBOSS thumbnail
the movie is damn hilarious and Akki stole the show out of the dozen actors with his 'Aieyyy'...he's truely the best in comedy acting.