Apr 5th: When words aren't needed - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, IF continues to not let me "like" posts - so assume that I am, anyway! 

Kavya - Agree with you on some technicalities in yesterday's episode, which were certainly well handled. I think it's safe to sum up with that, Mohan's character remained pretty much intact through the chaos. Whether it was the showdown today, or the build up to it yesterday, Mohan stayed that character he was carved out to be - thinking on his feet, all his reporter instincts and analysis bang on, reacting to situations of crisis with keen calculation, and moving ahead with multiple plans. Even the eventual showdown was classic Mohan  style - I gueshed nuff about it already but anyway - the way he took care of the situation, without blowing it over, bringing any unnecessary outside attention, getting into any tiffs, yet making a blatant point where it was needed without any show of the slightest relent... the only grief is on Prerna's end. Her not being involved in the real fact - but I guess... that would be too much revelation at this point? Abi ke liye Megha ji ki batti jal gayi, toh hum celebrate karte hain πŸ˜† 

Mru - I'm appeased enough to not rant, but I see where you come from for the most. I have my mega frustrating moments too, somehow, despite telling myself it's fiction and will likely not last in quality all its time... it's just hard to not want to ram something when you see a good concept going awry, at any end. And Megha has been partly salvaged, we are probably best off ignoring what they did to her last some days - it doesn't change that they did tune her senses off for quite a few days. Khair, totally with Usha and hoping no reciprocation will be extracted in Mohan's case when Rashmi comes to fore! πŸ˜† Dimwit hone mein barabari karne waale kafi shows hain, hume chod dein please! πŸ˜†

Nur - I still think the essence of tear wiping was just in follow up of the kohl. Mohan was not pressed to "wipe" her tears today, but let her be on that account, vent it out, and then gather herself without imposing her space. And wiping a tear with the kohl kinda downplayed the significance of wiping a tear haina? Like he just sent out the right message I think. But on Megha's end entirely a progress - kohl, or tears, she let's him do it for her. Even feels the gratitude, and not in a way of you did me a favor - there's a more profound mutual understanding here. She knows Mohan did her no favor, and she doesn't perceive it as one. I think at some subconscious level she now knows better than ever before, how compulsively he must protect her - without being overbearing like a typical "knight". And I think that's what she feels grateful about - the way he looks out for her is so natural - there is no oh I feel so strongly for you emotion raging inside him to make him do it in a possessive manner. He's protective, even defensive, but not possessive at this point and I think that's what really sets him apart from alot of "savior heroes". 

Megha is Mohan's "wise counsel" in a classic patronizing sense of routine affairs. Mohan is Megha's "reflexive fall back" in the way that he can always conjure a solution to seeming apocalyptic situations, like it was no big deal! Megha likes to do everything in a ritualistic elaborate manner. Mohan makes everything look slick and easy! And I love that counter balance of "procedure" and "spontaneity" that they portray in general... 
Originally posted by without-fathom

πŸ‘Reserved - solace on multiple fronts?! Whoaa! Be back in a bit... 

---
*Edit*

So I'm going to try and not be repetitive of most things that you already mentioned in your post Nur - which I agree with. 

For something that was expected to go down the most melodramatic OTT track, I guess today was a pleasant spin off even on the knight and damsel scenario. Very much Mohan style! [Secretly believes the cynic got a shot at remedying whatever best he could of the damage done.] I guess the consequences of the way this showdown has finally been executed at this point - at least in part - are evident. 

- Mohan has not only safely, but pointedly established one up on Prateik. And I want to give a huge pat to whoever wrote for today to deliver a Mohan-esque ace in that sense. Because come to think of it, even while I envisaged Mohan operating anti Prateik on the sly to be the way out - this is SO much more like Mohan! He's not the macho action hero, but he's also not the diplomatic behind the scenes knight. The way he dealt with the matter today goes exactly in accord with the advice he gave Nanhi only some days back. He's kept his head and wits about him, put aside the fear, and then faced the problem head on! He makes his side very clear to Prateik - by bringing Prerna in - and whatever Prateik may/may not expect Megha to accomplish, if he knows Mohan in the slight, he has been well warned off to know better than being reckless at least (not suggesting he's going to miraculously change - but he knows he's been beaten out and out atm). And the interesting part is Mohan no longer has to even keep up a facade of going with his "boss's orders" at work - the suspicious orders like this Ratlam deal - because he's brought the confrontation out in the open, without endangering his own position by using Prerna for a shield. 

Truly - Mohan is Machiavelli at play even in his typical klutzy and light element! 

The sad part of course is Prerna. For some reason, I don't think Mohan expects Prateik to actually improve - I think he's only made it amply clear to his lech boss, that improve or not, Megha is no longer to be part of his target list, because he stands in between. I'm not saying he's entirely used Prerna either... but well, for the time being, and from the looks of it wherever this heads, Prerna is going to be one collateral damage in the entire scheme of things. 

I have to admit the Mohan with cop scene was SO not needed. It felt thrown in just to give us a "sensational" precap yesterday. For a moment there I'd thought Mohan was going to pull a smart one by using the cop himself - but of course, he would not want to make this anything big deal given Megha's exposure risk. So technically, that scene was entirely random. 

Also - just like Megha's instinct not kicking in was freaking annoying all these days, Prerna entering that room where tension was so live and thick it could be cut with a knife - just going with the scene like all was so normal and whatnot - not having a second's odd vibe - sigh. With everything else seeming so much brighter and better than it did yesterday, I should not whine - but I shall at least mildly grudge writers to have unleashed not 1 but 2 supposed independent educated ladies with such null instincts. Incredible, at whatever level I may try to perceive it - but well... 

Now coming to - as you say Nur - the best part of the episode! MM scene to close. Mash, I read your heads up before watching the episode and expected more "dialogue" I guess πŸ˜† but the scene even minus much speaking played out so wonderfully in many shades - like vintage NBT has always been πŸ‘ Mohan gruffly walking out, stopping in his step, taking in sight of a defeated Megha, than falling behind her step instead - oh Mohan, you're not the alpha male, and yet don't you pick every trick in the book, be yourself, and grab the best of the knight's world too?! In my definition of real guys - Mohan easily wins! He's brusque and what not, and yet, the poise, the composure - it comes so naturally to him. When he said "after you Mrs. Vyas" I mentally wolf whistled! πŸ˜† This is the man who for no one and nothing shows anything of a gentlemen's behavior - and yet, he throws in one of these random nuances every now and then in the most surprising moments, you just have to stop a second and root for him πŸ˜† The hanky - oh that fateful hanky which gets to show up in every MM moment that matters anymore πŸ˜† shows up again, of course πŸ˜† And even in the dire position, after such a drastic fall out, MM retain their flavor! Mohan, retains his flavor! And that's what's laudable about today's writing! I LOVE how easily Megha could be around him, without the eternally discomfort of "I told you so" looming heavy and high upon her! No. Somewhere, it didn't seem for a moment, that Megha even anticipated Mohan dishing that out at her! And I loved that! Just one prompt from his side eased her enough to release the pent up shock - and then no more words were needed. Mohan is such a natural. He doesn't shoot lovelorn sympathetic looks at Megha - and I've always loved that about him, because it's the last thing someone like Megha would receive. He almost becomes this young boy around her, even after pulling off the most man-savior act minutes ago! It's amazing that for the cynic he is, around Megha, he never really needs to think how to react - he just does his own thing, and it falls right! 

I want to add how even the light MM scene was subtly symbolic. Mohan becoming an aid and instrument in cleansing the "black" marks in Megha's life! Letting her do it initially with only guidance, then becoming fully involved and implementing it himself. Mohan is not the overshadowing male, who won't allow his lady her own space to grow - he likes to be in the guiding sidelines as long as he can - and only jump in, when he really must. And even so, he doesn't really pull off the typical stunts of a knight. He almost let's her be equal party of his rescue acts. And I personally LOVE that about Mohan. Like An said in her post yesterday, love stories between equals are far more compelling, than any lopsided kind! 

Overall - what a beautifully nuanced MM scene πŸ‘ Kudos to the actor. As long as the show continues to stick to it's title theme, they're going to have to bank heavily on quality emoting without the aid of unnecessary OTT dialogues, and both Kunal and Aakanksha pull that off so well, for the most! 

So yes, a much relieving temporary closure to this situation. The SBB SBS segments are making much more sense now, enough to look forward to them, and greatly! I guess Megha wont really make it to the function at her place and will be sunao-ed full on by Renu and MIL. Ab latter ka toh kuch kar sakta ni Monu, but Renu bhabhi toh haina πŸ˜† Who knows Nanhi might be the one who tips him off about the woes Renu gave Megha - and Mohan ki vengeance jaag jaye, classic Mohan style?! πŸ˜† I hope it happens tomorrow! The precap looks promising, and a nice NBT flavor Friday would be a much welcome close to a week of too much creep! 
Very very nicely written I would say. I am not a hindi serial viewer per say, but this one has caught my interest because of the things you mentioned. The story has one of the best scenes of television, with minimum dialogues and amazing expressions. Kunal outperformed my expectations by a wide margin.
As for the scene, I wished Megha was a little more aggressive, but I guess she went blank. But Mohan's dialogues were awesome.
Also, his respect for her is completely endearing :)
Thanks for the awesome write up.

Jzee, I do get your point about how Mohat  didn't DELIBERATELY set out to wipe her tears or do it subconsciously like he did in the Holi scene...I guess we're both just talking in circles around each other...my point was in reply to you saying he didn't wipe her tears, only wiped the kohl...I was talking about the technicality...he DID wipe her tears that were on her cheek...not just the kohl near her eyes...I do understand the rest of what you're trying to say vis a vis how Mohan was there for her in that scene.

Anyways I just loved that bit and the natural evolution of these moments b/w them...that unspoken acceptance of give and take...of this gesture...it was beautiful to watch.

I want the HQ vid to make avis...ughh why isn't it getting uploaded *frustrated muh*
Originally posted by AreYaar

Jzee, I do get your point about how Mohat  didn't DELIBERATELY set out to wipe her tears or do it subconsciously like he did in the Holi scene...I guess we're both just talking in circles around each other...my point was in reply to you saying he didn't wipe her tears, only wiped the kohl...I was talking about the technicality...he DID wipe her tears that were on her cheek...not just the kohl near her eyes...I do understand the rest of what you're trying to say vis a vis how Mohan was there for her in that scene.

Anyways I just loved that bit and the natural evolution of these moments b/w them...that unspoken acceptance of give and take...of this gesture...it was beautiful to watch.

I want the HQ vid to make avis...ughh why isn't it getting uploaded *frustrated muh*

Haha, we are, agreed, agreed! πŸ˜† And I think the YT colors account already uploaded - do you get it from there? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1P-3mpGgo - so you're setting off to make things right away?! WOHOOO! Maybe for once I can actually be around and be among the first to grab?! *super glee muh* πŸ˜ƒ

@Ivre - Thank you! πŸ˜³ A whole bunch of us here are not much of typical Indian TV viewers if I may, lol - so welcome to the minority, should I say?! πŸ˜†
Edited by without-fathom - 12 years ago
The Colors YT account is blocked in the U.S...don't have access to it....hoping it's uploaded here in the forum soon...the other vids I know of have logos and stuff on them.

*Edit: Never mind...I found another source...*off to make avis* πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by AreYaar - 12 years ago
@JZee : Yeah, Prerna also knowing it at this point would have taken this into a different direction altogether with Megha running after Prerna to console her followed by a lot of Kekta like melodrama or whatever, it would have certainly not given us the pleasure of the M-M scene today. This was needed for Megha's sake so Prerna was merely the lifebuoy and Mohan of course was the lifeguard lol.
Acha waise on a completely off context note - I just caught sight of my recently altered ID, and it struck me that I seemed to have "predicted" the days of "without fathom" character developments to an extent?! πŸ˜† Megha... Prerna... Abi toh i can't even change to anything else for a year... but hopefully jo bi asar tha, has worn off in this week πŸ˜†

ps: I don't think it will be tomorrow, but how I wish we could get the Mohan Renu sequence for a close to this week... πŸ˜›
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@JZee : Yeah, Prerna also knowing it at this point would have taken this into a different direction altogether with Megha running after Prerna to console her followed by a lot of Kekta like melodrama or whatever, it would have certainly not given us the pleasure of the M-M scene today. This was needed for Megha's sake so Prerna was merely the lifebuoy and Mohan of course was the lifeguard lol. 

Oh I love how you say that Kavya πŸ˜† Classic prop description! πŸ‘ Lifebuoy, Lifeguard - and Megha? The overconfident swimmer who didn't give a thought to the possibility of danger?! πŸ˜† The dutiful lifeguard obviously knows better about the ways of sea, and the sharks in there... 

On a serious note, I guess another subconscious reason Mohan may have had in not bringing Prerna to the scene with the truth known is to avoid a fall out between Prerna and Megha - true, given the evidence and such she may not have doubted Megha, but it's not an ideal position of bonding for old friends, right? Like I said before, I doubt if he thinks Prateik will change, but I guess he has to his best effort indefinitely postponed a "situation" between Prerna and Megha. 

One unfortunate consequence of that maybe - just speculating - that Prateik in days to come shows estrangement from Prerna in his grouse of losing and she presses Megha further for counsel and help and "intervening" given that for Prerna, Megha solved the problem this time... I would dislike IMMENSELY any scenario showing Prerna wanting Megha to play an intermediate - and I doubt Megha would consent, but I mean... there is unnecessary complication involved in that kind of expectation itself. 

--
Nur, oh it doesn't?! Wow. I often feel most Indian sites barred in UK and USA/Canada don't really recognize my zone as an "outside" zone at all... I remember how the Gulaal old videos used to work for me too? Maybe I'm too "cut off from civilization" to fall under any detection radar πŸ˜† 
JZ...🀣W*F characters🀣

Mohan-Renu scene is hilarious...and the bg papa toh band bajayeπŸ˜†...me too hope they end the week with something funny
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@JZee : Yeah, Prerna also knowing it at this point would have taken this into a different direction altogether with Megha running after Prerna to console her followed by a lot of Kekta like melodrama or whatever, it would have certainly not given us the pleasure of the M-M scene today. This was needed for Megha's sake so Prerna was merely the lifebuoy and Mohan of course was the lifeguard lol.
@Black...🀣🀣 OMG

JZ ...Perfect decipher "Lifebuoy, Lifeguard - and Megha? The overconfident swimmer who didn't give a thought to the possibility of danger?! πŸ˜† The dutiful lifeguard obviously knows better about the ways of sea, and the sharks in there... "🀣
Edited by booosi - 12 years ago