Mythological Masti

Ramayan completes 25 years on telly - VIDEO! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

^^ Thank you so much for the translation, Varnita, was waiting for it!Tongue All of the actors from RSR spoke in English so I understood, but as usual Gurmeet spoke in Hindi only so I didn't get what he was saying.LOL
Isn't that ironic? The actors of the 80s spoke in English whereas a modern day actor spoke in Hindi...sorry, I kind of found that funny.LOLLOL

My Pleasure...Smile

Ya it seems that Gurmeet is so used to with Hindi...
I never saw him giving any interview in English...
EVen Debina always use English during her Interviews...

Well we can say that it is the style of Gurmeet...WinkBig smile

Yes, I think Gurmeet is just more comfortable with Hindi, though I wish he were a bit less comfortable since it'd make my life easier if he spoke in English.ROFL

HAHA Dats Why he Sended me to Translate...
For making ur Life easier...LOLZZZLOLWinkROFL

True, true...ROFLROFL

What did you think of the other interviews? Did you see them?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan completes 25 years on telly - VIDEO! (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Other Interviews...?????
From this same segment...????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Wow that's sooo cool! Thanks for sharing this with us Janu. Am busy with guests so will watch it at full volume and comment in a bit... just glad to have that silver jubilee euphoria back again since the thread was so much fun for us =D And haven't seen some of the old cast members (apart from Arun and Sunil) speak about the show like... ever, so should be interesting.

And btw the language disparity between the 80s and GD (Gurmeet in particular since Debina's from Bengal where they speak more English than Hindi - our in-house Debi di can confirm for you LOL) is that that generation has been in metropolitan English/Hinglish speaking Mumbai for that many decades longer - in fact Deepika's always lived there except for her stint in politics, if I'm not mistaken.  Way up north, especially the area Gurmeet came from relatively recently, Hindi is more common even colloquially.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11Varnita...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Wow that's sooo cool! Thanks for sharing this with us Janu. Am busy with guests so will watch it at full volume and comment in a bit... just glad to have that silver jubilee euphoria back again since the thread was so much fun for us =D And haven't seen some of the old cast members (apart from Arun and Sunil) speak about the show like... ever, so should be interesting.

And btw the language disparity between the 80s and GD (Gurmeet in particular since Debina's from Bengal where they speak more English than Hindi - our in-house Debi di can confirm for you LOL) is that that generation has been in metropolitan English/Hinglish speaking Mumbai for that many decades longer - in fact Deepika's always lived there except for her stint in politics, if I'm not mistaken.  Way up north, especially the area Gurmeet came from relatively recently, Hindi is more common even colloquially.

Hinglish?! Sounds like Tenglish...the word my sister and I came up with for our language + Hindi.ROFL

And thanks for the explanation, makes more sense...but Deepika's lived in Mumbai? I thought she was here in US for a long time after Ramayan because her husband was working here.Shocked I thought that's why she didn't give as many interviews as Arun and Sunil.

And you should def watch when you find time. All four - Arun, Deeps, Sunil, and Daraji - were really sweet and it was so refreshing to hear them since we don't get much information on them nowadays. I didn't see the other parts though, will try to get to them tonight.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11Varnita.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:49pm | IP Logged

Other Interviews...?????

Yes dear, this interview was mostly about RS Ramayan for reaching its 25th anniversary. Gurmeet and Debina (well, mainly Gurmeet) only gave an interview because they mentioned the new Ramayan as its remake, but the first four parts had interviews of the older Ramayan actors.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaVarnita.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
And I never knew the reason why Ramayan was remade in 2008...I just thought it was because they wanted to cater it to the younger audience and make profit off of the older one's success, but I'm glad that money wasn't the sole reason behind it and that the Sagars still value teaching devotion to the younger audience.

So NDTV Imagine basically told them that if they did not remake it, they would go to some other director? Prem Sagar was speaking so fast that I couldn't understand clearly what he was saying even though he spoke in EnglishConfused, but if that's the reason, then I guess they were justified in remaking Ramayan. I'd rather it come from the Sagars than some other director like Ekta Kapoor.

Even BR Chopra tried to produce Ramayan after seeing the success Ramanand Sagar had, but it failed to grab my attention from the few episodes I saw. Like Vishnu Puraan, it was dragged unnecessarily and the actors did not make an impact on me, not even Nitish Bharadwaj who just does not fit as any character but Shri Krishna.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ananya93Varnita.

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged

Other Interviews...?????

Yes dear, this interview was mostly about RS Ramayan for reaching its 25th anniversary. Gurmeet and Debina (well, mainly Gurmeet) only gave an interview because they mentioned the new Ramayan as its remake, but the first four parts had interviews of the older Ramayan actors.Smile

Ohhh I c...
Well I havent watched them till now...
But will watch them soon for sure...Smile
Thanku so much for letting me know...Hug

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
^ No problem dear...I know you're a fan of RS Ramayan too so I knew you'd be interested.

Btw, I received your message and will make another dp for your fb Ramayan page soon...what pics do you want on it?

Varnita.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top