Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Fixing the Forum Fiasco's :: IMP NOTE PG 13 (Page 9)

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prinsesse.Suvi

So..whats happening with this?
Any action being taken?

Heyy...we're hoping to organize and garner enough attention first, if we can manage that we should be able to hustle up a meeting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparna5293

Loved ur post
how u put up all the issues at one place.
We nt gonna get any result by taking out frustration on any thread.
Nice post

Thank you aparna, and your right venting on threads has gotten us no where, lets hope this does.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

18shabbo

shaam91 Goldie
shaam91
shaam91

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:18am | IP Logged
oh yeah...i get your point..since arnav and khushi arent yours to begin with..:\
but the stories are!! any IPR expert here? 
but since you are a law student i,m sure you will figure it out.:)

18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaam91

oh yeah...i get your point..since arnav and khushi arent yours to begin with..:\
but the stories are!! any IPR expert here? 
but since you are a law student i,m sure you will figure it out.:)

Right um just finished harassing a senior friend over this and it seems all we need is a simple disclaimer at the start of the stories. 

For example when i wrote D/G fiction mine was something like - All canonized characters and places are the sole copy right of J.K. Rowling, used with no intent of copyright infringement. However the conceptual basis, story-line and all additional characters are my own sole property.

madmaxine18shabbo

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nmyra

Any action being taken?

Heyy...we're hoping to organize and garner enough attention first, if we can manage that we should be able to hustle up a meeting.
Ohh okay. What kind of meeting?

18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nmyra

Any action being taken?

Ohh okay. What kind of meeting?

We are trying to get a select group of five in a direct discussion of these issues with the head of IF. We hope to illustrate the issues clearly and coherently and then provide possible solutions. Hopefully this will inject some action into the stagnant situation on the ongoing issues now.

Prinsesse.Suvi18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Poonam786

Great post, Nmyra. You're absolutely right, and this is copyright infringement. But with the fact that this forum guarantees anonimity for its users, it's difficult to see a way out of the problem. I was going to suggest automatic banning of any person who steals others' work, but then what's to stop that person from re-registering under another name?

A meeting with the top brass of the forum is certainly a good idea. Having said that, I think we need to come up with some concrete suggestions to address the issues beforehand, otherwise we're liable to be brushed off.

The whole situation is very disheartening. As a regular reader, it's a saddening thought that your favourite writers may stop posting their work on the forum, and understandably so. As an occasional writer, it's very off-putting. Makes you wonder whether there's any point in posting something you've spent hours on, only to have someone steal it and pass it off as their own..

Thank you  Poonam...ur right banning wudn't make a difference but IP banning might, and if nothing else it'll make it more of a hassle for our friendly thief, no point making it easy for them.

18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neemsundari

Nymra,

I said this on Vidhya's thread but in case someone is to talk to the admin, I have a suggestion for concrete action by the admin:

I have been plagiarized before---some of my articles I sold to clients got ripped off and published under other names on other sites, where the site earned revenue from my work.

My clients reported the site to google, and it got taken down. In fact the IF admin should also do it cos this is leading to loss in revenue--Ads from all search engines punish duplicate content.

Here's how to do it:(http://www.reportplagiarismnow.com/report-plagiarism-now-report-plagiarism-to-google-in-3-easy-steps/)

I've copied their article below:

Reporting plagiarism to Google can be done in three very simple steps. In fact, if you intend to report plagiarism now, you might be surprised to know that Google will take action against offenders in a very short time- in some cases in a matter of hours. This is critical to understand because most people who have been plagiarized incorrectly think that little can be done about it. However, the fact is that you can report plagiarism to Google in as little as 5 minutes, and the offender could be banned within hours. Use the following 3 steps to take action against plagiarizers:

1.) In order to report plagiarism, you must detect it. Use a free tool like Copyscape to find copies of your content online. You can also use a search engine in a similar way by pasting short passages of your work into Yahoo or Bing or any other SE to find copies of that work. Once you find duplicate content out there, you must examine it closely in order to determine if these instances are within your republishing rights, or if they are harmless mistakes or outright plagiarism or copyright infringement.

2.) Gather as much evidence as you can. Take screenshots of every web page on a particular site that shows your work that has been plagiarized. Save these images and the corresponding URLs in a safe place after printing them to have a hard copy record. Collect the same data from the original version of your work.

3.) Report plagiarism to Google by clicking here: http://www.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_dmca&product=adsense. Then, simply follow the instructions. You'll provide some basic details about yourself and your contact information, and then you'll be asked for details about the content theft. The entire form is easy and can be completed in about two minutes.

Reporting plagiarism to Google usually yields results in about a day, as the company acts very swiftly on legitimate cases- especially on sites that have AdSense installed. You can also download the form and submit it via mail or fax, but this method adds significant delays. In fact, many people take no action other than to report plagiarism to Google, primarily because this is such an effective tactic.

Thank you neelam this is brilliant...I'm going to go with Maxine here and say, if you are an author and you have published your work PLEASE check if you have been copied. 

Prinsesse.Suvi18shabbo

Go to top