Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Fixing the Forum Fiasco's :: IMP NOTE PG 13 (Page 5)

anumber1 Senior Member
anumber1
anumber1

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nmyra

Originally posted by anumber1

Very well said. I believe we should target a group of 5. Munchy, Maxine, and Harshu sounds good, we need someone unbiased who hasn't had anything stolen from them as well though and a pure reader,  a pure reader being someone who only reads and does not write/make anything. 

That way the group will be balanced and they can't say we're not being objective. 

I say once we finalize the five Representatives, we find out when the five can coordinate and offer the Dev Team a selection of dates and times to pick from.

I like the idea of getting a pure reader in the discussion but unless someone wants to volunteer, I don't know who to suggest. As for someone unbiased, I think it's going to be really hard to find a writer who doesn't have some sort of opinion on the situation since most writers are also readers and/or friends of those cheated. But then again, I think it should be up to the main 3 to figure out who else they would want in the meeting with them. 

As for the Pure Reader consider this a shout out, anyone willing please step up. If not i know a few and may scrap and ask. 

However i disagree on the 3 choosing who to go with them, while i agree a melding of minds is important i remember reading posts of other members claiming there are cliques here and only friends and what not I say lets see who is suggested, and shortlist based on how coherent they are.

I didn't realize there were cliques here. I think you're right, just shortlist those who everyone thinks would be most effective and put it to a vote (we could use the Poll feature since it's anonymous but I kinda don't like that everyone can see all the results so forget what I said. PM votes or using surveymonkey or something might be better).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Thanks for the post Nymra. It's great to have all the issues put together in one post. I think a frank conversation with the head honcho sounds fantastic. It would be nice to talk about these things directly with someone who might be able to do something. 

Ermm...with regards to the team of 5...I could volunteer as someone who hasn't had anything stolen from them (yet!) I don't know whether to be thankful that nobody bothered or depressed that I wasn't considered worth stealing from. (I kid. I kid.) 

I do want to say that I appreciate the effort the Mods of this forum make to take action..they do get to it eventually. And while I also understand their limitations, they must make some effort to address our problems. It's pretty much their job to try and be as helpful as possible. 

Thanks again for putting everything down so clearly. 

Lol

>sigh< 

Right moving on from that brief moment of actually being able to laugh at the situation. So we have one non-victim already one more to go ...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1madmaxine18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anumber1

[QUOTE=anumber1][QUOTE=Nmyra]

However i disagree on the 3 choosing who to go with them, while i agree a melding of minds is important i remember reading posts of other members claiming there are cliques here and only friends and what not I say lets see who is suggested, and shortlist based on how coherent they are.

I didn't realize there were cliques here. I think you're right, just shortlist those who everyone thinks would be most effective and put it to a vote (we could use the Poll feature since it's anonymous but I kinda don't like that everyone can see all the results so forget what I said. PM votes or using surveymonkey or something might be better).

Yeah neither did I. Personally i think it's just some people are friends some acquaintances but if we're going to do this the best way is to keep the critics at bay.

Note to Referee's::

If you are suggesting someone make sure they can make themselves understood, clearly.

Please do not refer someone because their your friend. This is not high-school.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

18shabbo

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Don't complicate things with a poll and whatnot. Just pick 5 people who volunteer, and like Nmyra said..are capable of voicing their thoughts clearly. And yes..her point about high school is well taken. I think people should take cognizance of this fact before they put a name forward. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1Nmyra-Chinnu-18shabbo

PepsiGirl101 IF-Rockerz
PepsiGirl101
PepsiGirl101

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
With you 100% of the way especially the plagerizing.. i think thats the worst thing in the world because I know that ppl take time, energy and a lot of effort to do what they do and have it stolen and takeing the credit of it is just sickening.. ugggh.. anyways its great someone is taking action!

Nmyra-Sara.18shabbo

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:04pm | IP Logged

Don't complicate things with a poll and whatnot. Just pick 5 people who volunteer, and like Nmyra said..are capable of voicing their thoughts clearly. And yes..her point about high school is well taken. I think people should take cognizance of this fact before they put a name forward. 

Thanks Maxine, 

If no one else wants to i'd be glad to volunteer as a non-victim, but i'm a writer too so that disqualifies me as a Pure Reader.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chinnu-18shabbo

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Thanks Maxine, 

If no one else wants to i'd be glad to volunteer as a non-victim, but i'm a writer too so that disqualifies me as a Pure Reader.

I don't see why a pure reader is necessary. Writers are all obviously readers. They can voice their concerns as both. I say go for it. You are clearly logical and smart and apparently a law student...would be good to have a lawyer on board. I think it needs to be a calm and level-headed discussion that does not descend into a shouting match. Getting mad accomplishes nothing except raising everyone's BP. So, OK...I volunteer Nmyra. Who's with me? 

Also, if this looks like it might happen, we shd Skype beforehand and make a list of potential solutions to put forth. No point is listing problems without offering some kind of solution, I think. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

xxSassyxxanumber1Nmyra18shabbo

anumber1 Senior Member
anumber1
anumber1

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

Thanks Maxine, 

I don't see why a pure reader is necessary. Writers are all obviously readers. They can voice their concerns as both. I say go for it. You are clearly logical and smart and apparently a law student...would be good to have a lawyer on board. I think it needs to be a calm and level-headed discussion that does not descend into a shouting match. Getting mad accomplishes nothing except raising everyone's BP. So, OK...I volunteer Nmyra. Who's with me? 

Also, if this looks like it might happen, we shd Skype beforehand and make a list of potential solutions to put forth. No point is listing problems without offering some kind of solution, I think. 

I second it, especially since you (Nmyra) made this thread to begin with. I know plagiarism thread were made in the past but this one included the Mature Content fiasco as well so everyone became aware of the history of problems associated with IF and writers. I also agree that we need someone with a law background because it validates our arguments even more.

xxSassyxxNmyra18shabbo

Go to top