sheee

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
IPL should be scared of Jannat 2: Emraan Hashmi
PTI
Mumbai, April 04, 2012
First Published: 16:53 IST(4/4/2012)
Last Updated: 16:59 IST(4/4/2012)

Jannat 2
Actor Emraan Hashmi, who is back with the sequel of Jannat releasing during the Indian Premier League (IPL) season, says they are not scared to release the film during the cricket tournament.

Directed by Kunal Deshmukh, the film is a sequel to the 2008-hit film Jannat. The second instalment is up for release May 4. Even Jannat was released during the IPL season in 2008.

Jannat 2"Last time, even Jannat was released during IPL and there was so much buzz about the tournament at that time. There was a match of Kolkata Knight Riders and we had gone to Kolkata to promote our film," Emraan told reporters at the music launch of Jannat 2 last evening.

"That time, all the theatres were almost full... we had almost got 100% opening for Jannat. We are hoping it continues for Jannat 2 as well. We are not scared of IPL... but IPL should be scared of us," he said.

Echoing similar sentiments, producer Mukesh Bhatt said, "When IPL came for the first time, we were not afraid to release our film, then why should we be afraid this time? We are sure that our film will captivate audience. Like Emraan said, IPL must be scared of us and not we. We will storm the theatres whatever be the match Jannat 2 will be a match-wining team."

Jannat was based on betting in cricket, the sequel is about the illegal trading in arms and ammunition.

Emraan plays the role of an arms dealer called Sonu Dili KKC.

"This is the most entertaining character I have played till date. In 2008, I played Arjun Dixit in Jannat and that was by far my favourite character. The character is funnier, more entertaining and has got grey shades, but he is extremely endearing," Emraan said.

Model Esha Gupta makes her debut in Bollywood with this film opposite Emraan.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/IPL-should-be-scared-of-Jannat-2-Emraan-Hashmi/Article1-835396.aspx

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Krrish4You-Kruti.S-..Sakeena..bambogli-SMay31-gujunpyoSiddhi_nikita_88ibelieveinpink.Omkara.

-MOTHER- IF-Sizzlerz
-MOTHER-
-MOTHER-

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Over confidence leads to big fall.Don't be so sure Emraan.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Satrangi-doser..Sakeena..xAaliyatomnjerry2Tony_StraK786

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Heroine is not matching emmy... still film will work... 2 of my fav. actors here... emmy n randip... 
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:35am | IP Logged
I don't think he's over-confident. I think he was trying to joke about the question. Maybe his words weren't exactly the perfect choice--but let's hope this film isn't disappointing b/c the trailer wasn't anything special. Def not feeling his chemistry with Esha, but hopefully I can be wrong.

Either way, fingers crossed for Emmy b/c he is so highly underrated and loved his portrayal of the character in the trailer!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SMay31-Siddhi_nikita_88

Srishika_A Senior Member
Srishika_A
Srishika_A

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
i think ipl shud nt be underestimated as it is much more popular den wat it was bck den.. also emraan shudnt make such comments as u nvr knw wat d final result will be.. both ipl & jannat 2 r equally popular so i guess vll just hv 2 wait & watch wat happns...nt much of an ipl fan myself i wud definetly go 4 jannat 2...
p.s i wish dey wud hv chosen sm better heroine or nwcomer!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SMay31-Siddhi_Real.Madrid

gujunpyo IF-Sizzlerz
gujunpyo
gujunpyo

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged
IPL is quickly loosing its sheen anyways..:)..Its just a crappy fest where the only looser is cricket.Anyways,hope this movie works :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TuesdaysChild

-SMay31- IF-Sizzlerz
-SMay31-
-SMay31-

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
he's quite rite...All the best to Jannat 2 team :))

Go to top