India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

ipkknd before and after

anishetty01 Goldie
anishetty01
anishetty01

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Pl note this is not IPKKND bashing - I love the serial but... below are a few notes:

The serial is going from bad to worse ( since the forced marraige of arshi) barring the holi sequence -  the last two days I almost cringed watching the fancy dress compition.-Out of sheer frustration I was wondering how I got hooked on to this serial .. I started watching the serial from episode 1 .
Now when I watch the earlier episodes I am amazed at the intensity and beauty of sanaya and baruns acting ... and the episodes fantastic ... sad we can say much about it - right since the forced marraige it has been a down hill slide ...
Earlier it was almost magical - the most memorable ones being ( these are just some of the many)
I mean look at the scenes
 - where she is trapped in the guest house and Arnav saves her
- khushis performance when she gives her resignation
- lavanya and her antics
- diwali night almost kiss
- the fun scenes where arnav and khushi get payal and akash together
- khushi gets stuck in arnavs car boot and they are stranded on their way to nainital
- khushis hug in the hospital ...
- pre wedding when arnav thinks khushi has met with an accident ( fantastic performance)
of course the KISS ..
- and shyam with his underplayed menacing role was also v good ..

Now I feel I am watching a very bad ekta kapoor serial with very poor budgets ( remember the bathroom???!)  only difference here is the cast which is outstanding - right from arshi - naani - anjali - to omprakash !!!

What a waste of such fantastic talent . Barun and Sanaya are such fab actors - they still manage to salvage something of this serial - believe me if it werent these 2 pillars of IPKKND - I wouldnt be still watching it ... inpite of every thing and all my complaints - I still look forward to 8 pm to watch it !!!!Embarrassed I hgope the CVs relook at the earlier episodes and do something drastic

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

VultureTalonjyoti_light29marrtyRita.Ccuteheart96Micha1005ilovesarunkitty25siamesecatzsewaqOmoraboti

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Ditto... somehow this show has gone down the hill...there is nothing except ARHI...and where is the chemistry between them now?...i'am not bashing...but very sad about it...

Edited by kitty25 - 05 April 2012 at 3:39am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rempymarrtyRita.CsiamesecatzsewaqSankiPagal

mid-night-sun IF-Dazzler
mid-night-sun
mid-night-sun

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged
lets hope for the best

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25

nikkiapril Groupbie
nikkiapril
nikkiapril

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged
yup you are right...i also rewatched some of the earlier episodes yesterday and was struck by the difference in execution of the scenes. even the scene where they meet at the dargah or when she rams her scooter into his car were so nicely taken. wonder whether we will ever get those days back again.
lets keep our fingers crossed

kitty25

zsewaq IF-Dazzler
zsewaq
zsewaq

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
IPKKND team, bring back the lost glory!
xsumi IF-Sizzlerz
xsumi
xsumi

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:55am | IP Logged
i love ipkknd
and all dramas have there up and downs 
soo it will get better later
when the snake is gone and the real romance begin
xxx

arsh_sp

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xsumi

i love ipkknd
and all dramas have there up and downs 
soo it will get better later
when the snake is gone and the real romance begin
xxx

please don't think that when shyams gone it will get better ..and how long will you watch romance scenes...we are talking about the scripts...if the script is not good nothing will make you watch the serial...because of that in bollywood Amir khan and Vidya Balan  gives important to the scripts  and they come out better than other actors...in serials if they write scripts at night and shooting next morning obviously it won't be good...and like english proverb says ' too many cooks spoil the broth' ..i think we have in ipkknd few script writers or change of script writer...so they are spoiling the IPKKND ...and we the loyal fans are suffering...Shocked

Edited by kitty25 - 05 April 2012 at 6:23am
darkblossom900 Senior Member
darkblossom900
darkblossom900

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:20am | IP Logged
I find it ironic. The last time I ever watched an Indian drama was 7 or 8 years ago. By chance, around 2 months ago I fell ill and I was just flipping through channels and I came across this drama.. I don't know when or how but I absolutely fell in love with it cause of how different I found it from the dramas my mom watches and I especially can't stand!

I will bash my head on the wall if there isn't an improvement in todays episode, although I'm really not much for complaining because i feel nothing good will come out of it but seriously, this is one drama which really has the potential and everything about it WAS great (not so much now) before... so if it can be awesome before then it can be awesome now too!

Rita.C

Go to top