Sasural Genda Phool

What happened to the 'Nai soch'?

okhushi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
How is it that the ghise pitte run of the mill shows like sath nibhana (where the protaginist's only job is to stutter, fret and cry not unlike suhanna's depiction of  'gauri in sgp) and maryada (which was good like eons back but so needs to gracefully bow out) go on and on and on and on and...ON! and shows which actually have something good n positive to stay,  (most of the time, minus the current rano mess)  a show where you dont feel like tearing your hair out or shaking the 'bahu' and saying 'o for crying out loud grow a spine!' have to end like this!!! So much for 'nai soch' which apparently is the first to go down the drain when its time to cut shows...

Wonder if this cut has anything to do with sgp current track which is dar I say 'exposing the truth' of how ridiculous saas-bahu dramas and their impact can get so the channel just decided to cut the show before their audiences woke up and smelled the coffee of how mundane most of these daily soaps are!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Nayi Soch gayi bhad main..Nayi Soch se TRP nahil milti isliye ghatiya soch apna rahe hai
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

This is Star's description for 'Naye Soch':

Talking in gaon (village types) language (which I totally respect but.. come on!!!)

Saas bahu drama

Bahu constantly crying...and being in the kitchen.

Ghunghat .. ghunghat and more ghunghat

Father/Father in law being the meek one (they have not one dialogue!)

Bahu constantly being reminded that she don't have values if she don't listen to her in-laws (waaatt??)

Instead:

Let in light new generation with women being a part of regular society they have the same values and regard for their elders.

They don't have to be in a ghunghat or speak a certain way.

Really all these show totally floor me and no I don't watch all of them for this same reason I can't find anything that is for the now generation.

Like how one of the channels is renamed to Life OK (or something pathetic like that) .. this one should be called Galiya aur Ghunghat.

Edited by -Veena- - 12 years ago
SuShaanRocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Star plus should change there NAME to SAAS BAHU channel or BAHU in GHUNGHAT.
It will suit THEME MORE.
aleena8790 thumbnail
nayi soch pe purani soch ka parda pad gayaπŸ˜•
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
sp is crap chanel nayi soch se ghatia soch tak
fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nayi soch was just a facade for star plus to reinvent itself to an extent. Educated women are sitting at home rather than working on their careers and aspirations is the nayi soch- that most of the protagonists are educated-besides that it's the same old crap.
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think the general public is to blame as well. A serial based on real story does not attract them, a story written beautifully with meaningfull dialogues, simple life style , does not appeal them... They want to see what they are not . I can not relate to any show on Indian TV at the moment...apart from SGP ...I have not seen any multi milioners living ,talking and plotting against there family members ,portraying different section of society in a typical way , I have not seen any Gujju families like shown on star plus, if it's punjabi family then they are loud , if it's Muslim family ( very rare) always looks like either pre independence style or talking in HUM HUM...Indian television is not representing its people thats what I think. The actors are mostly expressionless and can't speak properly , forget about the expressions, the good ones you can count on your fingers.If you look closely , Star never repeats its own protagonist in any of ther shows. Once your are done in star then you can get work somewhere else but star don't repeat. Serials going  on and on for years ...recycling the story again and again, infact every other serial has done the same track in there show exactly the same way ...just change the setup and little tweaking here and there. 
For me after SGP no more star plus except there singing and dancing reality shows...that too because of the talented participants .
ice.maiden thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I sometimes wonder if TRP really reflects viewership, because no one I know personally watches the shows that top the TRP chartsπŸ˜•
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ice.maiden

I sometimes wonder if TRP really reflects viewership, because no one I know personally watches the shows that top the TRP chartsπŸ˜•

Sushma...

My Dadi will watch SNS if she is told that it's based on Gujju Family... ConfusedπŸ˜†πŸ˜† coz for her... She will understand it coz they use some Gujju words... and that's it... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

so, Yes there are Audience... who watches this stuff... go n visit their Forums... Even Our Generation watches it... 😳  forget about My Dadi...

Top shows.. forums are also on Top... which means new Generation also Likes Saas torturing Bahu... πŸ€ͺ