Dekha Ek Khwaab
Dekha Ek Khwaab

The Akash Sequence Made Me SAD (Page 2)

rmry Groupbie
rmry
rmry

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yaherd15

This isn't a I hate Akash post, more like a I'm confused like M post LOLConfused

I know everyone is not a fan of the Akash sequence, but it has had a strange effect on me. I don't know why, but for some strange reason beyond my understanding I want to ramble on how much this scene from today affected me.  Shocked----So shocked that I am making this face the entire time, I'm writing this post, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry or get mad...SIGH.

When I saw the scene,first I was like UghDead, but then I was like OHBig smile! This just serves a purpose of taking us back to M's past self...but I watched today's episode again and I don't know what but maybe it was that happy version of BG music of Monash...I hadn't heard it in SUCH a long time, perhaps months...

For some reason it made me feel unbearably sad for Manyata (even though I am rooting for Manveer), it was just that pure innocent love she has for Akash...the old Moinya who lived her life on her own terms and was happy go lucky before her life turned upside down. I felt sorry for her and felt pain for her because she was going to lose all that when going through this transformation (not just for the party, but the actual process before ashtami)...All that her character has gone through and at this turning point she is right now. 

I know I know, I feel like I am betraying people here, but in that moment I couldn't help but REALLY FEEL for her when she is talking to Akash with such innocent hope and love in her eyes. Itmade me so unbearably depressed that there was going to be heartbreak for her, who knows how it will happen, when it will happen but she is destined for that heartbreak. Just as she is destined to be Yuvrani/Maharani, and is destined for Manveer NOT Monash. I think that moment when her innocence is gone, it will truly be heartbreaking to watch, that moment was so SYMBOLIC and foreshadowed SO MUCH. Down to the moment where she asks Akash if he is with her and he slightly frowns but then smiles...DON'T get me wrong, I'm not going Monash on you guys LOL, but I think in that moment while she was talking to Akaash I felt for Manyata what the CVs have been wanting to convey--Manyata's emotional upheaval. I REALLY WANTED TO BE PATHAR DIL, and NOT CARE. I know I mentioned in it in my analysis in a different POV, but for some reason I can't quite get over how much it looms over us...this BIG monumental change. I know we are all excited for it...but it makes me sad to see her love this way and know she will be heartbroken. Yes, I know UV will be there for her, but after the Monash bashing I have done, I still felt bad for innocent love, because at the beginning I didn't hate Akash. He was a pretty cool guy who was open minded enough to love someone that everyone thought was beneath him. He appreciated M for who she is and didn't want to change her. He loved her guys, even if we hate the couple, it was love...very fast love, but it was that first love type where one naively jumps into it without knowing anything about relationships. BUT the thing is...so does our Prince...I think that's why so many fans don't know who the main couple is because of this fact that both leads fell for M in an equal, true way. Except there can only be one for M, the one that was already written for her in her destiny.

Although NOT all first loves are meant to be...sometimes first loves have to be let go of to make room for the last love, the only love...

AND so finally...the thought that always  keeps crossing my mind when I write about anything in this forum...

... some loves are truly greater than others.

UFFF...if only Thursday would come faster!!!! I don't think I have ever been so impatient to see the next episode as I have been today!!! Dead

Good effort Yaherd... But I am not able to connect myself with M. There are many inconsistencies in her character... If she has seen the world, know common people's problem... then she wouldnt be so innocent and naive. Infact she would have been street smart!!! Offcourse she is a kind, good hearted girl. And Monash love is not at all clicking anywhere. I am not convinced by this... There first meeting happened in a bus... second meeting was in a mall where they hardly had any ME time between all those chaos. And just after that... he comes with the slippers worth 5-10K to gift her which was not at all needed or suited for the occasion. Also for a person you have hardly met even if you consider it as LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT nobody goes to put the slippers in public personally. I feel that the whole scene looked UNREALISTIC. And the scene didnt show from both the sides that it was love at first sight. There was no realisation from A side to justify his action too. I would have preffered A fighting to get back her job which would have made some sense. Another point is M is asking UV why he is doing all this for her, what is he expecting from her in return... But M never asked A for giving such an expensive inappropriate gift.

As for M's feelings, she is going through the transition and is having identity crisis. But regarding A, I feel that more than puppy love its her stubborness, ego which is not letting her go A's memories. She is sort ofEither my way or no way kind of person. Another point is when nobody is there to support her she behaves maturedly like when VB and J's friends were teasing her. But the moment UV was next to her, she was in all chawl mode with the hair stylists. I would have preffered her showing some maturity similar to VB's case.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Virekhamoksha89LizBennetWhiteNights.

Mohabbateinn IF-Sizzlerz
Mohabbateinn
Mohabbateinn

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
haha when I saw Akash..I nearly thought this show is going back to square 1 agen!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moksha89LizBennet

moksha89 IF-Dazzler
moksha89
moksha89

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
nice post!
i LOVE Manveer, but to understand the story we need to digest all parts.  watching the scene, i didnt feel as moved, but to me i saw a change. it didn't feel emotional anymore, but just "there."  it felt more as if habit, if one was to write in a journal their thoughts, M uses Akash as the same.  it was a very "quick" maybe "top layer" form of love which I always used to compare to a "high school romance."  something that we first step into thinking it's the world - that  feeling of "this is it."  but destiny is different, and fate will lead you there.  M had met Uveer, and the road to destiny must have bumps .. thus Monash and M's eventual heartbreak. 

Personally, I found the scene to be shristi arya's way of slavaging a storyline and concept which had potential once.  she wants to bring everything back to how it initially was, and maybe take those steps to put an end to Monash- which is one too many convoluted plots and tracks too late.  now, we still have that issue of who shot Aakash (as shown in the promos .. the hand looks like Brijaj's or Giriraj's ..so hairy LOL)  thus, the cycle of hating UVeer will begin again, until M realizes the truth and i dunno maybe UVeer will also feel bad he was essentially kept in the dark, being made to feel as if he killed Aakash. he really was regretful about what happened, but like many who are involved in politics and have huge responsibilities - he buried it.

rmryLizBennet

Simran234 Goldie
Simran234
Simran234

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Oh dear, you write such brilliant posts, its like you read my mind! I don't dislike anything from your post, its exactly what I have been thinking for months actually... I mean when I think about it, if I had to give up my first love and randomly marry someone who I hated since I first met them, I would not be very happy about it. I mean how can I just let my love go? I loved them so much for so long and then suddenly my mom says that I have to just forget him, I would not be very delighted! I really feel bad for Manyata sometimes, I mean I know she can be arrogant, and annoying but she is only being that to gain the person she loves. I feel for her and I loved your post :D

Simran :D...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LizBennet

wendy25 Goldie
wendy25
wendy25

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kasturika_kashu

i loved ur post...u know i love manyata so much.. maybe she is shadowed by the character of udayveer in this serial... bt manyata represents all thoser teenager girls who had very lil experience with real lives.. papa ki ladli,thodi pagal,bht ziddi.. living life on own terms and giving a damn to people... i find her sooo like meee.. i was exactly the same in my teen age.. and i had experienced a same innocent love story.. which still brings tears to my eyes... i had my monash story too.. just except this fact that it was INTERESTING..LOLLOLLOL... the heartbreak made me a lady frm a girl.. bt still i miss that girl... that girl of 18...CryCryCry watching manyata is like watching myself... love her really.. and i love udayveer too because he is sooo real...Wink i hate the chemistry of abhishek rawat and prioyal... and hate the character akash... bt moniya's innocence which is attached to this love... is really sweet...Embarrassed

I am so glad someone likes M's character, I feel like it gets overshadowed by UV too!! Or rather the fans place a lot of importance on him as to whether they like M or not. Anyway, yes M reminds me of girls everywhere who are innocent and naive and have that bindaas attitude towards life. INDEED,  Monash is a young innocent love story which is annoying from akash's pov, but sweet when watching it from M's POV...it just broke my heart to know the pain she is going to suffer because that pain will indeed turn her from girl to a woman...It's necessary, but it will happen and I felt like watching that segment foreshadowed that pain, as well as foreshadowing that  UV would be there to ease the pain, but STILL...I am so GLAD that someone really got what I was trying to say through this post Big smile...This story doesn't just focus around UV, it's about M's journey as a girl who must face the difficulties that have occurred in her life because her dreams have come true, as well as how everyone else's lives change because of it. 

Thank you for your comment, it meant a lot and thank you for sharing your own personal story, it only reaffirms my belief in how realistic DEK is in terms of its storytelling of the characters and that first love isn't necessary in a love story, sometimes it's the last love that counts and matters in the end.

i agree with you dear.
though i have not experianced love and heart break but still  i know its not necessary  that first love  is last love.
manyata loves akash  or its just an infatuation don't know. but that's first time she felt for a guy and ought to be revolting for him. she has never been in family and is immature that's why may be she is not able to connect to her family. she has always lived in few relations .
we can't expect her to forget akash overnight just because uv is nice to her .it will be so unrealistic. if any guy helps us we don't start loving him. still she is connecting herself to uday  . we have to wait with patience because slow love stories are intense one and everlasting.
heartbreak will grow manyata from  a girl to a lady. this story is about her princess transformation and akash also play a major role here .this breakup will make her mature to understand relationship  and her feelings  for her family , uday and her estate

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

fanaaz4uakkiiiiiLizBennetBadtameez_Dil

kasturika_kashu IF-Rockerz
kasturika_kashu
kasturika_kashu

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kasturika_kashu

i loved ur post...u know i love manyata so much.. maybe she is shadowed by the character of udayveer in this serial... bt manyata represents all thoser teenager girls who had very lil experience with real lives.. papa ki ladli,thodi pagal,bht ziddi.. living life on own terms and giving a damn to people... i find her sooo like meee.. i was exactly the same in my teen age.. and i had experienced a same innocent love story.. which still brings tears to my eyes... i had my monash story too.. just except this fact that it was INTERESTING..LOLLOLLOL... the heartbreak made me a lady frm a girl.. bt still i miss that girl... that girl of 18...CryCryCry watching manyata is like watching myself... love her really.. and i love udayveer too because he is sooo real...Wink i hate the chemistry of abhishek rawat and prioyal... and hate the character akash... bt moniya's innocence which is attached to this love... is really sweet...Embarrassed

I am so glad someone likes M's character, I feel like it gets overshadowed by UV too!! Or rather the fans place a lot of importance on him as to whether they like M or not. Anyway, yes M reminds me of girls everywhere who are innocent and naive and have that bindaas attitude towards life. INDEED,  Monash is a young innocent love story which is annoying from akash's pov, but sweet when watching it from M's POV...it just broke my heart to know the pain she is going to suffer because that pain will indeed turn her from girl to a woman...It's necessary, but it will happen and I felt like watching that segment foreshadowed that pain, as well as foreshadowing that  UV would be there to ease the pain, but STILL...I am so GLAD that someone really got what I was trying to say through this post Big smile...This story doesn't just focus around UV, it's about M's journey as a girl who must face the difficulties that have occurred in her life because her dreams have come true, as well as how everyone else's lives change because of it. 

Thank you for your comment, it meant a lot and thank you for sharing your own personal story, it only reaffirms my belief in how realistic DEK is in terms of its storytelling of the characters and that first love isn't necessary in a love story, sometimes it's the last love that counts and matters in the end.

sweetheart u r welcome.. i loved ur post.. it was very beautiful and different..EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
i think... when we r children... the extreame influence of multimedia today makes us believe that love is life and once u get ur dream prince.. or atever u get wat life wants frm u.. that frst ehsas cnt be cmpared to anything at all...Embarrassed bt then wen the naked truth of life comes in frnt of u... u are forced to accept it becozs there is nothing harsher than pure turuth which is that.. love is nt life as films show... its a necessity of living and its as normal as anything else in life.. no exceptional violin music...no dream... no romeo juliet story...Cry

fanaaz4uLizBennet

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by khushna

when she has clearly said once that its all for akaash then no need  to be feeling pissed off again and again if she dreams about him

oh dear! I hope I didn't sound pissed off??Confused I think I was just sad for M because she dreamed about him and I felt like that scene foreshadowed upcoming heartbreak for M...it just made really depressed for her because heartbreak SUCKS. Cry Getting your heart broken is just painful and I would hate to see M go thru it even if it is necessary for her...SIGH...oh love is SO COMPLICATED.Wink

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rmry

This isn't a I hate Akash post, more like a I'm confused like M post LOLConfused

I know everyone is not a fan of the Akash sequence, but it has had a strange effect on me. I don't know why, but for some strange reason beyond my understanding I want to ramble on how much this scene from today affected me.  Shocked----So shocked that I am making this face the entire time, I'm writing this post, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry or get mad...SIGH.

When I saw the scene,first I was like UghDead, but then I was like OHBig smile! This just serves a purpose of taking us back to M's past self...but I watched today's episode again and I don't know what but maybe it was that happy version of BG music of Monash...I hadn't heard it in SUCH a long time, perhaps months...

For some reason it made me feel unbearably sad for Manyata (even though I am rooting for Manveer), it was just that pure innocent love she has for Akash...the old Moinya who lived her life on her own terms and was happy go lucky before her life turned upside down. I felt sorry for her and felt pain for her because she was going to lose all that when going through this transformation (not just for the party, but the actual process before ashtami)...All that her character has gone through and at this turning point she is right now. 

I know I know, I feel like I am betraying people here, but in that moment I couldn't help but REALLY FEEL for her when she is talking to Akash with such innocent hope and love in her eyes. Itmade me so unbearably depressed that there was going to be heartbreak for her, who knows how it will happen, when it will happen but she is destined for that heartbreak. Just as she is destined to be Yuvrani/Maharani, and is destined for Manveer NOT Monash. I think that moment when her innocence is gone, it will truly be heartbreaking to watch, that moment was so SYMBOLIC and foreshadowed SO MUCH. Down to the moment where she asks Akash if he is with her and he slightly frowns but then smiles...DON'T get me wrong, I'm not going Monash on you guys LOL, but I think in that moment while she was talking to Akaash I felt for Manyata what the CVs have been wanting to convey--Manyata's emotional upheaval. I REALLY WANTED TO BE PATHAR DIL, and NOT CARE. I know I mentioned in it in my analysis in a different POV, but for some reason I can't quite get over how much it looms over us...this BIG monumental change. I know we are all excited for it...but it makes me sad to see her love this way and know she will be heartbroken. Yes, I know UV will be there for her, but after the Monash bashing I have done, I still felt bad for innocent love, because at the beginning I didn't hate Akash. He was a pretty cool guy who was open minded enough to love someone that everyone thought was beneath him. He appreciated M for who she is and didn't want to change her. He loved her guys, even if we hate the couple, it was love...very fast love, but it was that first love type where one naively jumps into it without knowing anything about relationships. BUT the thing is...so does our Prince...I think that's why so many fans don't know who the main couple is because of this fact that both leads fell for M in an equal, true way. Except there can only be one for M, the one that was already written for her in her destiny.

Although NOT all first loves are meant to be...sometimes first loves have to be let go of to make room for the last love, the only love...

AND so finally...the thought that always  keeps crossing my mind when I write about anything in this forum...

... some loves are truly greater than others.

UFFF...if only Thursday would come faster!!!! I don't think I have ever been so impatient to see the next episode as I have been today!!! Dead

Good effort Yaherd... But I am not able to connect myself with M. There are many inconsistencies in her character... If she has seen the world, know common people's problem... then she wouldnt be so innocent and naive. Infact she would have been street smart!!! Offcourse she is a kind, good hearted girl. And Monash love is not at all clicking anywhere. I am not convinced by this... There first meeting happened in a bus... second meeting was in a mall where they hardly had any ME time between all those chaos. And just after that... he comes with the slippers worth 5-10K to gift her which was not at all needed or suited for the occasion. Also for a person you have hardly met even if you consider it as LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT nobody goes to put the slippers in public personally. I feel that the whole scene looked UNREALISTIC. And the scene didnt show from both the sides that it was love at first sight. There was no realisation from A side to justify his action too. I would have preffered A fighting to get back her job which would have made some sense. Another point is M is asking UV why he is doing all this for her, what is he expecting from her in return... But M never asked A for giving such an expensive inappropriate gift.

True there are inconsistencies, but we are inconsistent as human beings, na? We say we are one thing and then the next day we do something to prove our labeling of ourselves as incorrect. I think with M she is street smart up to a POINT, because remember she was HEAVILY sheltered by Murari which is why she was SO innocent in many ways. I mean the man kept her locked up and told her who she could talk to and not to and she would listen. When she came to Mumbai that's when she finally wanted to rebel against him for locking her up and making her move all the time. There was no constant in M's life, so I think that's bound to show up in her own personalityLOL

As for Akaash slipper, I don't think that came out of love, I think that was more out of friendship and rmr Akaash is someone who thinks about others before himself so he probably did that for M bc she lost her job and I don't think he would fight a useless fight when a Princess demands M be fired, he would probably lose his own job. So he got her shoes bc it was partly his fault that she got fired, rmr that file he forgot on the bus? As for M and A's gift, well that was when M wanted all those things and now she doesn't want things anymore. Plus A's gift was a thing while UV helping her is a different gift all together...something that MEANS MORE because it doesn't have a price tag on it, na?? 

As for their love, well it's small, naive love. NOT the BIG LOVE. Love has no timetable, I think love can happen in short time ONLY if the circumstances are different. Plus small loves are meant to be outgrown, and at that time M was in a different mindset and as she becomes a Princess her mindset will change in some ways and she will outgrow that love because there is something deeper for her out there.

As for M's feelings, she is going through the transition and is having identity crisis. But regarding A, I feel that more than puppy love its her stubborness, ego which is not letting her go A's memories. She is sort ofEither my way or no way kind of person. Another point is when nobody is there to support her she behaves maturedly like when VB and J's friends were teasing her. But the moment UV was next to her, she was in all chawl mode with the hair stylists. I would have preffered her showing some maturity similar to VB's case.

I think it's both ego and puppy love mix. Sometimes one comes out more than the other, i.e. M creating a ruckus at the Mahal looking for A would be her ego going crazy...her coming back to become a Princess was out of that innocent love to get him back. As for her maturity, she can't change overnight yaar...she was this way for 16 years, she's not a light switch that can change by switching her from on to off, naLOL...It will take her time, this show is about her development from a chawl girl to a princess. It will take her time to change from a young innocent, childish, immature chawl girl to a mature, well spoken, Princess. These things don't happen overnight, I mean this girl has lost out on multiple opportunities of education, training, etc what have you. She has had barely months to even accept and then to even train to learn.

I think the show is about that process and so we should enjoy the ride because things are already so interesting with this track!! Big smile

Go to top