IP REDUX; OO-THA-HELL-O - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Beautifully written Tanthya.πŸ‘

I was hoping that this week we get to see the different shades of the various characters coming into play and my wish is getting fulfilled .😊 I sincerely hope that the momentum that is being built does not loose steam now. Would have loved it  better if the situations  being created to intensify the drama were not so contrived and predictable .Khushi forgetting her handkerchief conveniently on the medicine counter, Anjali asking Shyam to accompany khushi  to the chemist.??? Writers please  spare a little more time on thinking for better situational  incidents that keep the intrigue factor alive. The editing was better today. Hopefully less bloopers in the coming episodes.

Waiting for doods  analysis..
Edited by sunshine99 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by --Anna--

Brilliant post Tanthya! Loved how you kept it simple and subtle and short and yet explained everything so well! *claps*! And yes - today was the return of IPKKND for me - and for everyone of us who has been a part of Redux and that was solely because of Shyam - and no one else. Remember I said yesterday that I have always wanted to see the Arnav - Khushi and Shyam equation - and finally we saw a beginning of it - and tomorrow more so ever. Like you - I keep my fingers crossed too!

Now I really was not thinking to do an analysis today - but I have u bookmarked on my phone and as soon as the clock turns 12 I am waiting for u to post! :D - and that is the effect REDUX has on me! I have never thanked u enough for creating this platform - I do so today! Thank You!! :))

Now coming to my analysis :

-- Okay - the first 7-8 mins were a drag! I know I do not expect them to show only the Raizada members performance but it felt like a drag. Then came the mami and Payal scene - somewhere I was happy that Mami and Payal were bonding - and Mami had started trusting Payal if not explicitly - but I knew it since Monday that Payal was going to screw it up. The reason in my opinion was stupid - how could they be so sure that the rivals would have won if not any of the Raizada's!? Lame Excuse! 

-- Secondly - when I said I would not like if Khushi called Arnav a dhokebaaz - I meant it. I did not like it - and I say that because I felt that the dialogue for the situation was wrong. She wanted someone else to win - I get that - but why call Arnav dhokebaaz!? I do not know. And yes - she did not do it to make Arnav angry because she had no idea he was listening. So here I was disappointed.

-- When the whole family was trying to cheer up Mami - It was only Arnav who stood by Payal. I may be reading a lot into this ( as usual) but when the truth comes out in front of the family - it will obviously strain Mami and Payal's already strained relationship and maybe Aakash's also. And that is when Arnav will be the only one standing in support of Payal and cover her up and only then will Aakash come to Payal. Frankly I loved the small scene of Arnav and Payal and I really really wish - that the creatives could develop a bond of Arnav and Payal - slowly and steadily. One important thing was Khushi was missing from the scene - she was not a part of either of the two frames

-- The Green room scene - Loved like absolutely loved Khushi here This is the Khushi I love and adore and admire - the one who fights back with passion and intensity - not the one who uses 7 year old antics to trouble someone! Sanaya and Barun were brilliant here! Arnav needs to realize that Khushi is not going to back down. Just like he does not give her any answers - he does not deserve any too. It was a tit-for-tat scene and very well played. Even in this one scene - the understanding that Khushi has of Arnav and what his actions are going to be was quite evident. We saw that yesterday also when Khushi asked him to leave like he always does and we saw it again today! Brillaint creatives! 

-- Anjali and Khushi scene - one thing I noticed was Khushi's kalerin got tangles in the dress - she could not free it herself - Anjali came and did it for her. Now is it possible that it will be Anjali who will end and free Khushi of all her troubles and pain when Khushi comes to know the reason behind Arnav's!? Ofcourse yes! She will be the 'sutradhaar' for these two always!

-- Anjali fainting - Khushi concerned - Anjali calling Shyam and ordering him to go with her - frankly an illogical scene. Shyam is not a baby that he could not go alone - and Khushi is not a kid who could not request Anjali that she would go with Akash or someone else. But I get it - it was needed to build up the next setup. The medical store scene - as soon as Khushi left her handkerchief on the table - I knew what was gonna happen - but loved Khushi the way she rattled him up by calling him 'jeejaji' :D - Even the storeman was looking at Shyam - with the 'WHAT THE' look :D - Abhaas was good today and I was so glad to see him I cannot say. He kept it simple but was perfect.

- Precap - do not want to judge but Abhaas's expressions were fab! Hoping for a really good episode tomorrow! :)

Doodhs and Pam will read ur analysis tomorrow! Time to sleep! :))

Love :))

P.S : Tanthya I also think BS is very very tired - he looked like hell today - not even fresh! He was good but there was something that I felt was definitely wrong! He needs rest I think - maybe relax a bit and shave or he would not be able to justify Arnav properly!  Hope to see that change soone enough! :))

P.P.S : And guys you were discussing Humsafar one day - and I decided to watch it - and now I am addicted to it - hate you guys for it! ;P -- Nevertheless I love the title track - I love Khirad's character and she is the first woman character that made me cry - love Asher - hate the mom - love the direction and the simplicity everything! Thank you so much for discussing it here - nahi toh I would never have known! :))

Please do let me know if there are any other good pakistani serials - would love to watch them! :))

Great reply to Tanthya's brilliant post. We are on the road to hell, just hope it isn't a long one.

I've heard Dhoop Kinare is a great Pakistani serial, it is supposed to be brilliant, a friend can't stop praising it. Kuch to log kahenge, is, I believe, a remake of the show.

I can't take the oscillating between juvenile and ridiculous plots and well done comedy or drama. I CAN'T!!!!

To me a few good scenes hidden in rubbish makes me wanna to throw the entire package out.

Let me start with the ridiculous plot:

Really how did the lady with the financial problems single out Payal as the competition winner. It would have been more realistic if they locked Payal up in a room, more realistic not less juvenile.

Khushi's actions:

It has been shown that Payal knows when Khushi is troubled. However they don't talk to one another, they don't talk to their parents, yet they have this incredible bond. REALLY!!! Do the CV's understand the meaning of bonding????

Khushi is supposed to be the girl every girl wants to be. REALLY!!!

At this point I think she is just disrespectful. PERIOD!!! When you do something like refuse an award that your family wants you to accept because you did well. You lie to them??? Is this the same girl who kneels down to ask forgiveness at HOLI??? They don't deserve the truth??? This self sacrificing act really would suit other SP serials not this one.

Here is Khushi's excuse for not talking to others about her situation:

Her Sister because apparently she is too fragile and can't handle things yet her sister handled with quiet grace her wedding being broken and stood by you when everyone blamed you.

Her Buaji who is strong willed and immediately wanted to rectify the situation on the day of the engagement itself by telling naniji because of her headaches???
Her dad is unwell so its understandable but her mom??? just depends on her Bua.
Understandably she cannot say anything to Anjali because of her fragile state and Arnav because she just doesn't trust him anymore. But why won't she confide with her own family. After the precap I am just flummoxed

What is really annoying me about her though is that after the terrace scene she thinks to herself, she reached out to Arnav but then got news of Anjali's pregnancy and thought to herself  may be the baby will change Shyam. Now she knows for a fact that hasn't. He is a creep Anjali deserves the truth, maybe she cannot handle it now but why can't nani? Or Arnav? Yes initially she didn't want to tell Arnav, but she had decided it was time for him to know after the terrace, isn't the same thing happing again shouldn't she be making her way over to him to tell him listen I know you hate me but you have to know this???? Isn't Anjali happiness still at stake??? What is it going to take Shyam forcing himself on her???
Sorry but for a feisty girl like Khushi who gets quote " darr ti hai par Karti hai" is just out of character she need advice from elders on how to handle this situation.Independent doesn't only mean doing things by yourself it also means knowing when to bend and ask for help. I guess ASR and Khushi are made from the same cloth but Khushi is supposed to be more level headed is she not???

I don't know why the Gupta's have not been shown once since Holi, they do know that Shyam is in the house with Khushi and after Holi I would be damned concerned about my child if she was in that situation.  Yet that is not shown once.Let's just say it's time for her to confide in someone. Anyone!!! Not Laxmi!!!or even DM because right now she needs advice on how to handle the situation.

I was glad Shyam is back in the picture but then again his characterization is off. He is supposed to be manipulative. He spent months making his move on Khushi, when he saw it disintegrating in front of his eyes he moved quickly and stealthy and  got her father out of the way, he even got everyone to believe that her father wanted them engaged. And suddenly, he is just acting rather than carefully planning. We saw that he was planning to make Arnav think that he has moved on and is concentrating on RS happiness. But again we see him trying to make Arnav jealous. What the hell. This makes no sense. But atleast the story will more forward.

And finally, instead of showing us terrible supporting acts could they not have show the cast talking about the acts in the show but only highlight Mami and Payal, Khushi and Arnav. I mean I have to ask WHY, why were we put through this torture.

As usual Tant your  review highlight the very good parts in an episode I had written off because there was just so much of rubbish in there for me to sieve through to the point.
I did like the Payal Arnav scene. I actually really liked Mami scene as well. Her dreams came crashing down and she has no one to blame but Payal. Loved Akash's reaction when Mami feel. lol.

But the so called writing of this show, Barun exclaming how tight it is, is going to hell. They really need to pull up their socks or else IPL is going to kick them out of the top 30!!!

I'm sorry but so dissappointed with today's episode.
res

Edited:

Sathu love your post...πŸ˜ƒ
You have analysed everything brilliantly as usual...

My only question...

Was it not a saas bahu competition...then how come there were two to three acts of just males??

Who was the saas and who was the bahu in them πŸ˜†

Sorry stupid question,,,but after payal's greatest of greats sacrifice for saving the neighboring aunty's financial status...itna to haq banta hai na boss...seriously are CVs grooming payal for the 7:00 pm slot...😑

And sorry to sound like a broken record...which I probably will as every previous post has mentioned this...why did veena's bahu single out payal only...why not convince all contestants to lose...and then if they are in dire need of 500K...then how come they are maintaining their facade...full gold Jewels and everything...if they are living in the vicinity of RM ...I am sure pawning a few of their jewels will earn them more than 500k...
phew sorry did not mean to rant...just wanted it out of my system... 

well as for khushi and Arnav...as you put arnification of khushi...aptly described...bas ab aisa chalu rahe...so in the end I might have my role reversal...πŸ˜ƒ

And the last one...khushi calling arnav dhokebaaz...listen carefully I felt she did not call him dhokebaaz directly...she meant dhokebaaz hai woh jori jo last moment partner change kere...kiyunke otherwise woh jori haar rahi thi...agar woh Arnav ko dhoke baaz kehti then he would have questioned her...the only thing that he asked was why did u refuse to share the prize with me...even if you notice the dialog it goes like "dhokebaaz hai woh" she will never call Arnav "hai"...if she would have meant Arnav she would have said "hain"

doods begum waiting for your update...

hugs to  you both...😊

Eidted:

Doods what a karara post...send this SP and 4lions...the heads needs to read this...so finally we all should buckle up for the actual story to start...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Arhimaniac - 12 years ago

awesome 😊 analysis.. i just really dun understand IPKKND these days... Hopefully Khushi-arnav sort their differences soon / at least they dun show fight n the comedy, then good enoughπŸ˜†

Barun really looked tired..

Lame reasons for dejecting prize🀒
Lame reason for making khushi to go with shyam..🀒
Judges discussing with contestants to give prize at backstage🀒

Why I feel because of Anjali ..khushi will be in big trouble by snake??

I am tired sathya..at least one person..one person brain should function..i don't car whose it will..but plz have it worked..I AM OK WITH LAXMI'S BRAIN TOO...THAT SHE WILL GET KHUSHI'S HANKY BACK TO HER..WILL GIVE SHYAM'S THREAD TO ASR..SOMETHING..PLZ

Tanthya nice post.
I have to thank you because you helped me see that we did have some progress in the Arnav-Khushi equation. Everything else was such crap that I wasn't able to pay attention to it...to be honest I am still fuming. This episode left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I hope you all won't mind but I need to vent.

Things I found ridiculous:

- The reason for which Payal didn't do her part. That was so not an excuse.
Payal knew what the dress competition meant to her mother in law. Mami still 'suffering' from her past experience in the very same competition had absolutely no interest in participating again, Payal was the one adamant on doing it. I won't blame Mami for being maha pissed with her.
I thought Payal was a sensible girl...CVs please enlighten me - is Payal a seer that she knew the Bina/Aparna duo would win if her and Mami desist?
And Khushi going along with it Are we suppose to think of the sisters as mahan devis now? Because the only word that comes to my mind when thinking of the sisters in this particular situation is DUMB...

- Khushi calling her husband a dokhebaaz and stressing her desire to not share an award with him in front of the judges. CVs I know why you did it but it was a very bad and illogical set up to the Arnav-Khushi confrontation...She was calm and collected, if she wanted to refuse only to make another pair win what was the need to say all this πŸ˜•...didn't match the situation at all...

- Anjali sending Khushi along with Shyam for medicines. Why couldn't they take one car and go back home where her medicine was, the competition was finished nah? She didn't want anyone to know? But they were bound to, no? Do you mean to say that no member of the family will enquire where some of them suddenly disappear when they were just waiting for the result and there was no particular need for them to stay backstage? Ok forget all that but Khushi could have easily escape this whole ordeal...she could have insisted on staying with Anjali as she was unwell and told Shyam the direction!!!

- Khushi leaving her handkerchief on the counter. Was it so heavy that she absolutely needed to put it down?!!! Again bad set up CVs...

- The precap. The Misunderstanding the reedition...ermm...there's better be a twist or actually makes things progress this time around otherwise I'm not interested...

Few things that I liked:

- The Payal-Arnav bonding. Loved how you described it Tanths. The little thing that I found weird was the comforting hand Arnav put on Payal's back. Their relationship is not that comfortable yet that there would be such open gestures...even more so for a guy like Arnav...

- Shyam grabbing an opportunity as soon as it presented itself...The cooking up a false excuse on the spot to grant himself a time with Khushi and the passing of innuendos were nice to watch...it gave us the feeling that Shyam is back on track...
Not an all brilliant episode but i have always said that IPK's fillers have some kind of hint. A writer doesn't write just like that, there has to be some sort of layering and that IPK rules in doing!

A lovely analysis! 

I loved your analysis, In fact I was waiting for it. You put things in a better perspective. Loved it. Thanks for the pm.

----------------------------------------------------
Life is too short, Enjoy it too the fullest

Anu
Ironic,, i posted on FB, KASR is slowly emerging. Khushi is starting to express ASR's mannerism. he has unleased the deman in her and he will have to deal with him.. i also mentioned how ASR comforted Payal while the rest of the RAizaida family comforted mamiji.  I didnt think it was a terrible episode.  i think it will intensify the coming episodes into explosion.  cant wait.  😊