India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Todays episode... (Page 2)

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
I was just discussing the whole pakoda connection between the sisters. It's these small things which make the difference. Manvi wanted to eat them and miles away Jeevika made them. There was nothing in your face about it but like a friend of mine said, it was as if J knew M wanted to eat them. It might be looking too much in to it but that's what it really felt like Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nupsdipsanumber1poojaroy1985canuck-umz

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

I was just discussing the whole pakoda connection between the sisters. It's these small things which make the difference. Manvi wanted to eat them and miles away Jeevika made them. There was nothing in your face about it but like a friend of mine said, it was as if J knew M wanted to eat them. It might be looking too much in to it but that's what it really felt like Embarrassed

trust me you guys aren't crazy I picked up on it right away when I saw Jeevika. I was like woah is she making pakoray? This is exactly what I was trying to say in the thread that said there are no behna scenes so no point in watching. In every episode the behna bond is present be it in a little way or a big way, everything comes back to them, their conversations revolve around each other, their actions when they do something they always think about each other, the pakoray Jeevika was making them when a while ago Manvi wanted them. I loved it, like you said it wasn't in your face but it left a mark.

Edited by canuck-umz - 04 April 2012 at 5:20pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1poojaroy1985*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
You know I completely agree with you. The bond is very much there even when they aren't together. It's just that spiritual connection so even  when they're showing progress in VirMan's story, I never think that it's moving away from the real concept at all because the Behna's story is way too powerful to be overshadowed by any other relationship or jodi. My anger primarily originates from the lack of actual JM scenes, their togetherness like we saw in the first couple of months. It does upset me but I do know that this show cannot afford to move away from Jeevika-Maanvi's relationship for any romance. Their love is visible small moments and I love how it's incorporated.

Nupsdipsanumber1poojaroy1985canuck-umz

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Reema, I know man, we all miss the behna scenes but I realized that the lack is due to many things occurring in the show. Manvi can't afford to call her sis because she is afraid she will give herself away but when her hair fell out it really hit her and she finally called her sister. The terrace convo coinciding with Manvi/beeji's convo, all Manvi did was discuss how Jeevika would feel. These two sisters have such a strong bond, such beautiful chemistry that we always feel them even when they aren't together. It's just a t.v. show but you feel their love even when they aren't together in the same frame. That's got to say something about their relationship. Plus I can see where the cvs are coming from, they don't want to give us too much behnas for the sake of not being redundant, the parallel tracks and relationships with supporting cast really help make the show what it is so I cannot deny giving them that credit. In the end, it is all the other relationships like you mention the Virman love story that will affect the behnas too. It's true nothing can overshadow them.

Another major plus point to this show is that it is always moving forward, be it at a good pace or at snail's pace or even during the drag episodes. The movement of the story is always towards the positive unlike other shows which do go backwards sometimes and any movements forward gets cancelled out including in my other current favourite ipkknd.

Nupsdipsanumber1poojaroy1985*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
I don't want an overexposure of the behnas either so I can understand where the writers are coming from. It's quite a challenge to show a love story like this where it's all based on the purity of the couple's relationship. With romantic leads you have the option to try out different flavours i.e. love-hate relationship which has been tried & tested hence I don't personally find it unique anymore. In this show they have to show how the sisters relationship goes from strength to strength, there still has to be graph yet they can't mess around it with it too much. I'm not making much sense but they can't show JM going from hate to love to keep the audience attracted. All the other characters circle around these two characters...!

I think I'm just so impatient to see how the sisters will be once the truth comes out. Another reason why I'm attracted to this show is because I feel there is a story which the writers are following, there is a direction to it...almost like a movie where as other shows take everything on a day to day basis.

Edited by *Reemz* - 04 April 2012 at 5:43pm

Nupsdipspriya1804anumber1poojaroy1985

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

I don't want an overexposure of the behnas either so I can understand where the writers are coming from. It's quite a challenge to show a love story like this where it's all based on the purity of the couple's relationship. With romantic leads you have the option to try out different flavours i.e. love-hate relationship which has been tried & tested hence I don't personally find it unique anymore. In this show they have to show how the sisters relationship goes from strength to strength, there still has to be graph yet they can't mess around it with it too much. I'm not making much sense but they can't show JM going from hate to love to keep the audience attracted. All the other characters circle around these two characters...!

I think I'm just so impatient to see how the sisters will be once the truth comes out. Another reason why I'm attracted to this show is because I feel there is a story which the writers are following, there is a direction to it...almost like a movie where as other shows take everything on a day to day basis.

Yup that's exactly what I was getting at. The story is challenging and thus far they have kept the audience's attention. They made a smart move by airing the promo 2 weeks in advance which kept the suspense alive. In between the promo and the actual air date we still had movement in the story with Virat's feelings changing and Maya's true colours slowly coming out then Jeevika's worry about Virman together. So it's still keeping us gripped.

I doubt the cvs will ever resort to having a hate relationship between the behnas and neither is there any room for that in this story because this was never an option. Remember when Jeevika kicked her out, yes she kicked Manvi out but we saw the pain she went through, both of their lives in that moment had been turned upside down because they love each other so much! You made perfect sense trust me because these thoughts have popped up into my head. I can see the cvs aren't going day by day but have a story and direction in mind like you said that's why we saw a gradual buildup to the cancer and Virman stories we also know they air their promos well in advance even though there are few and far in between unlike others shows but fact is this is what's working for them. Who was not shocked when the promo aired? Yes it was random but what a perfect way to get her cancer news out to other people on top of that it left the audience wondering why such a loving sister who would give up her life for her sister would not donate blood to said sister.

Edited by canuck-umz - 04 April 2012 at 6:15pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985

VampireAleena Senior Member

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985canuck-umz

anumber1 Senior Member
anumber1
anumber1

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
--I loved loved loved the pakora scene today. I think I might prefer the understated behna scenes more than the hug-hug-cry-cry scenes. It's like the time they were whispering and giggling together a few weeks ago, right around holi. (I don't remember the actual day but I can see in my mind's eye, Jeevika putting her finger to her lips and going shhh to Maanvi and giggling. I'm sure you girls know which one I mean). I think the CVs should show this side of their relationship, the "we may not be together physically but our brain waves are still on the same wavelength" thing they have going on. It's the same thing Maanvi has going on with Virat right now. He wanted to call but when he was talking himself out of it, she called him. I don't know, I think it's me but I really like subtle expressions of affection over the dramatic ones.  

--There will always be a special place in my heart for Dabbu. I think it's because he reminds me of my little brother so much. They're around the same age and have the same haircut. Today when he made sure Maanvi didn't eat the pakoray (I think that had to do more about her cancer and having to eat only healthy things, i.e. no deep fried stuff, than any cockroaches there may or may not have been present at the stall). I love how he's stepping up as a brother. Right after Jeevika got married, Manvi had to step up as the new eldest daughter in the house and now it's Dabbu's turn. They've been slowly showing a change in him for a while but the cancer announcement seemed to have expedited the change. 

--Viren lol what can I say about him. Even the way he said Maanvi VS Maya was hilarious (Maanvi  *big smile* vs Maya *big frown*). I really hope someone comes across that board. But one thing I really applaud the CVs for is the fact that someone FINALLY realized that the only reason Virat is with Maya is because of Maanvi. I mean, they all know she got them together but he took it one step further. Viren had figured out that Virat is only going on Maanvi's suggestion that Maya should be with him (rather than the thinking Maanvi just gently nudged Virat to Maya who he already loved). 

--Vanshika-Manvi scene <3 <3 <3

--Chachi-Chachu hug! awww!

--Jeevika, ever the teacher, gave Maya the benefit of the doubt. But now that she sees how many people are doubting Maya, and depending on Maya's announcement tomorrow, I think she, may start realize that Virat and Maya shoudl not be together (she still isn't at the Virman stage yet but it's ok. baby steps.)

Sorry for the disjointed, slightly random post. I typed this out with a headache so my brain isn't working to its full attention. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985canuck-umz

Go to top