Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Movie about cancer and Nia's acting

Desi_angel90 Groupbie
Desi_angel90
Desi_angel90

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone, 

After watching todays episode I felt like it's high time I make my first post of IF. I am a silent member, but I can't keep my silence anymore Tongue Not after Nia's super-duper-amazing potrayal as Maanvi, the girl dealing with cancer. 

Nia's performance moved me and it reminded me of a Dutch movie my friend recommended, it was about breast cancer (and the way her hubby dealt with it, but that is not relevant in this case). And the woman also had these scenes with cancer symptoms. There was this specific scene where she had to give an presentation in front of some people in an office and just when she was about to start, she did her hair (like we all do) and a lock came in her hands.. The way her fingers trembled, her breathing increased and the way she didn't know what to say was tremendously good! But today after watching Nia, I felt like she did an even better job than the Dutch actress.. I mean the horror, the expressions and her anxiousness totally made my eyes go numb.. Kudos to Nia Sharma!! Clap

I really hope the CV's give her more scenes where she has to deal with cancer symptoms.. In that Dutch movie they even showed how tough chemotherapy was and she even made her hubby shave her head of :O I loveddd that scene.. because every girl loves her hair and to shave it off because there is no other way was..well a bit painful to watch!

I don't know if Nia or the CV's can read this post, but I want to end this post with hoping and praying that CV's take this illness of Maanvi on a more serious level in order to give Nia the scenes that give justice to her talent! I know she has the talent and I am eagerly waiting :D 

I am sorry for my long post :S Please forgive me and share your views Smile

Love, Zara

P.S. I would love to share the trailer of the movie, but it's a..well uhm movie with scenes where people don't have clothes on Ermm I hope you guys undertstand!

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

amee12cute4u_22poojaroy1985NeenuAmmunrithyaoPiano1422..Jessie..Tacker_Holic-Antu-_-Aslan-canuck-umzlakshyasss.effervescent..Anastasia.

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I completely agree. I am really hoping the cvs focus a lot more on her cancer symptoms and therapy if they want the show to have a greater impact on the minds of it's audience. I could not take my eyes off of Nia today, fact is I have cried when  I just got a simple trim so I really felt for her. This scene will always stay etched in my memory. I want the episodes in the future to be more on how the symptoms are getting worse and how her therapy is affecting her. A more serious, mature look needs to be given to this track. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Desi_angel90NeenuAmmu..Jessie..

siya803 Goldie
siya803
siya803

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged
this is not the first symptom they r showing. she got rashes and bruises in her body.
and dizziness and fever too
Desi_angel90 Groupbie
Desi_angel90
Desi_angel90

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by siya803

this is not the first symptom they r showing. she got rashes and bruises in her body.
and dizziness and fever too

True, but many other people without cancer can get rashes, bruises etc. That's why Maanvi always shrugged the fact out that there is something wrong with her. The hair loss thing was, in my opinion, the symptom where she actually starts to realise the physical and emotional consequences of this disease..
Marie_789 IF-Dazzler
Marie_789
Marie_789

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Losing hair and other effects of Cancer even effect you mentally.The person who has cancer should be very strong...Othewise it eats you.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Desi_angel90

..Jessie.. IF-Dazzler
..Jessie..
..Jessie..

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged
yes that is what it keeps the viewer glued to the show...and what is feel is Maanvi 's character would be cherished for years!!!!!!

Desi_angel90

cutyvirman IF-Sizzlerz
cutyvirman
cutyvirman

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
luv nia

Desi_angel90

Desi_angel90 Groupbie
Desi_angel90
Desi_angel90

Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marie_789

Losing hair and other effects of Cancer even effect you mentally.The person who has cancer should be very strong...Othewise it eats you.  

That is true.. But you can't be strong facing a deadly disease with (almost) no one knowing about it. Therefore she has no one who can support her. In this case she really needs Jeevika, since she has always been a mother figure to her. I really hope everyone gets aware of Maanvi's cancer, because it's hard to see her like this :( 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top